Alliancebox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alliancebox

Post by Kenzu on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:23 pm

There should be a box in the alliance page, where any member can post messages.

Leaders messages and advisors messages should appear in different color than regular member messages.

This will make it easier for people to communicate about things, where they want to see what members think and it will be beneficial for the game because it will save space.

If I want to tell something to the alliance, It will create 100 messages sent to players, and 100 messages sent to my outbox. A total of 200 messages every single time I say something to the alliance.

Some things are crucial, some things are less crucial (like for example economic guidelines).

If there would be an aliance box, it would be much better as I could post what all members could see, without going into inbox and taking up too much space.

firthermore members could ask some questions and get answers faster than if they send a message to one of us, since any member could answer them.

admin edit:messagebox added
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alliancebox

Post by Nomad on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:56 am

I think this could possibly be linked to the idea for the personal log, you could expand it to an alliance log. put a link in the alliance link to the page. I also would love to see a valid idea for individuals to say things publicly. Like planets are used on TGW.
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:54 am

Now, practical question, do you actually want something of the type of a mini forum where you can make a thread and people write into that thread

Which is probably something you actually need

Or something like it was in Coldwars where you just had a message box and everyone just added a new message and you had a long list of messages.

Now independent of this answer, a practical question.
Where the fudge should that alliance box be placed?
You have to hide something because last time I checked, the main alliance page was pretty full.
Unless you want it to be hidden behind another link like economic info page, etc.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:23 am

i know what they should do, its a site, thats a forum, for the alliance. This way alliance members can talk to each other and interact. O wait, the majority already do have one.

i see no point in adding something that is already available to them, and please do not go into the replies of 1. ' we can never find the address on my mobile' - there are links from the alliance page and the alliance battlefield. 2. 'It doenst show up on my mobile so i cant read it' well touch, the alliance page is already overcrowded, and adding this wont make it any better' 3. 'some members dont like forums' if they dont like forums then why woudl they use a mini forum on the game or a shout/chatbox?? 4. 'i dont have time to load up a page, check for replies then close it '- 1 minute of your life per day ?????

leaders: if you want to talk to yur members, then just message all alliance members, or put a post on your forum, its what they are created for - interaction.
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:37 am

Well my line of thinking was in a different direction. I didnt intend for replies, and was looking more for a place that alliances could post things like "In a War with XXX" "Recovering from War, oppurtunist beware" "Growing hostilitys with XXX" "Looking for open trade or diplomatic talks" "Alliance seeking mebers, alliances is closed to membership" stuff like that.

Wasn't really looking for a place to respond and interact, like chaos said you have alliance forums for that.

You could publicly list NAPS, Military Pacts, and those whom you consider hostile and such for all to see.
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:23 am

I think i'm slowly getting this
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:34 am

Exactly. You have forums for threads and things you need to discuss.

the alliancebox would be more for short messages, info and so on.
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:37 am

kinna like a text block for alliance Publicized alliance information,

information the alliance puts out for others to see.

I mean you have to go to an alliances forum page to get any info on them really. many dont have forums, and you have to create sooooo many forum accounts if you wanted to browse or interact with multiple alliances in a search for a home.

Maybe a text block of say 250 words? nothing fancy

Example

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Dreadnoughts Alliance.

Military pact with Angelic Assasins
NAP with Tellitubbies
NAP with Caged killers

Currently hostile with Then Bowtie Bandits

In full War with The O Conner Boys

Seeking alliance diplomate

Alliance is open to members who meet qualifications, ask any member for more info

Kewal farming accepted, Assasinations, or repeated attacks met with force
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just somethin like that?

Edit

OK rereading this Me and kenzu have 2 different ideas. I'm looking for a way for alliances to send short messages to the general public about themselves.

Kenzus idea is more a internal alliance idea. Something that allows immediate communication upon log in and without going to inbox or alliance forums.

Don't let me hijack your thread.
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:34 am

noticed that difference a while ago nomad.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Both Kenzu and Nomad's idea's have merit.

For Nomad's idea - maybe create a alliance area in the bulletin board link, with the ability for each alliance to create a advertisement with relevant info (such as what Nomad put).

Regarding Kenzu's idea - personally i agree with him. Generally the trend for myself/ TC is to use forum's for important dicussion/ as a archive of relevant info - and then use msn/ ingame PM's for active "personal" discussion. A simple chat box somewhere for alliance members to simply chat (whether about spam, or actual alliance matters) would be a really really really nice addittion - since not all alliances will have a forum, even less will have a active forum - and there are players out there without msn.

That means players won't be able to "actively" participate in discussions on a personal level (I.e. replying ingame with PM's is a lot less "personal" than chatting to someone over msn, or in a chat box) - and its these sort of discussions which help new or old players, get to know people, make new friends etc.. - which all leads to them being more likely to enjoy aderan wars, log in more and generally participate in the community.

I d like to propose a third and final suggestion - a aderan war's wide chat box (in the bulletin board) - where players can chat to one another. It may be that its not used, but i can at least see the possibility of new players going onto it and posting "hi" messages etc.. - chatting to one another, and directly interacting with the more experienced members (who would probably use it themselves).

The effect of all 3 of these suggestions:

1.) Aderan Wars chat box: Improved communication between Aderan Wars as a whole - hopefully helping integrate new and experienced players into the community more... making it more interesting/ enjoyable - thus less likely to leave, and more likely to bring more friends!

2.) Alliance chat box: Improved communication between alliances - basically the advantages of point 1, but on an alliance scale

3.) Alliance bulletin board: The ability for alliances to directly advertise themselves ingame - hopefully making it easier for alliances to pick up more players - including new players... since right now honestly the only way to recruit new players is via the forums (which only a small portion of the AW community checks) and to message them ingame. While these systems are ok if used together... inevitably some players will "fall through the gaps" and remain allianceless where potentially they would not have done so.

Alliances form a major part of the community spirit, and do have a very signficant and active role in keeping players interested and enjoying Aderan Wars. Anything to strengthen alliance integration and expansion can only be a good thing for Aderan Wars as a whole Smile
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:08 pm

ian wrote:I d like to propose a third and final suggestion - a aderan war's wide chat box (in the bulletin board) - where players can chat to one another. It may be that its not used, but i can at least see the possibility of new players going onto it and posting "hi" messages etc.. - chatting to one another, and directly interacting with the more experienced members (who would probably use it themselves).

I support ian's suggestion.
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:57 pm

I'd also like to add that due to game mechanics, that lone wolves, or better yet, those players who fell through the cracks don't stand much of a chance due to game mechanics. This game is VERY different then most. Atleast any in the TGW series, plus the few others I have played like LoTR and RB and what ever the other names were.

As for Ians idea, SGAW uses that. It has a game wide chat box on the command page, and alliance specific ones as well.
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:56 am

as in real life, you cannot survive if you are a lone wolf and are looking for trouble.

but I think its important that everyone will be in an alliance, even if its a smal 5 member alliance.
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slambot#4 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:25 am

I agree with the ideas, mostly as it would help integrate new players into the game, finally help newer players understand some of the alliances (commanders get a small block to talk in, why not an alliance), and of course, network with one another...

The ideas have my support
slambot#4
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:18 am

slambot#4 wrote:I agree with the ideas, mostly as it would help integrate new players into the game, finally help newer players understand some of the alliances (commanders get a small block to talk in, why not an alliance), and of course, network with one another...

The ideas have my support
http://aderanwars.forumotion.com/upcoming-updates-f23/bulletin-board-t14.html
the bulletin was meant to be for these things Smile

comments of the type:
- why isn't it coded yet to support alliances
- time to make it work for alliances too

are nto allowed Very Happy
Admin
Admin