Refer new players and get 10% of donations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Kenzu on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:56 pm

What would you think, if 10% of all donatons received from a player you have referred to Aderan Wars would go on your account.

Aderan Wars white infobar could have an additional line for "Aderan Currency Units" below the Kuwal in bank line.
1 ACU would represent 1 USD cent / 0.01$

I think, with this update, players would be inviting more players to the game and new players would type in their refferal number, (might be a good idea to have a place where players can check what players have set their referral number), and if the new player would donate, say 100$ for a VIP status, the player who referred him to the game would get 1000 ACU

These 1000 ACU he could use to spend in on the game (in the cash market, or buy a 10$ supporter status for example), or he could trade the ACU with other players for ingame resources, or he could withdraw them and receive 10$ from aderan wars paypal account.

What do you think?
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Nomad on Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:37 pm

what does ACU stand for?

Secondly, I like the idea, but not when it effects the $$ generated to support the game. a 100$ VIP SS getting a free 10$ SS I cant say I really agree with. IDK.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Sandwalker on Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:47 pm

I wholeheartedly disagree with this.

For the most obvious reason: When you're buying a SS, you're not donating squat. You're purchasing a service. Donating means you don't get anything back.

Furthermore, as I see it right at this moment, it would be a good way for someone with a hundred newbies to make some cash. I'm not pointing any fingers.

Why complicate things? If you want to refer people to the game, do it because you want to have more people to play with, not to get a few free bucks to spend.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Nomad on Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Some good points Walker.

But, you are making "Donations", thats why all of it can be removed at any time and there is nothing you can do about it.

My agreeance comes from the fact I don't mind rewarding someone who can bring more people willing to stay ingame, but like I said, I dont like the idea of hurting the $$ generated for the game to give to players.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Sandwalker on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:10 pm

Nomad wrote:Some good points Walker.
But, you are making "Donations", thats why all of it can be removed at any time and there is nothing you can do about it.

1. Thank you.

2. to donate = to give away something of value to support or contribute towards a cause or for the benefit of another.

I know it is stated you donate in the game and that's just fine. The word is used in that situation to give the admin power over the accounts, if anything is not in order. When you make a purchase and your account gets banned, thus that purchase is taken from you, you have more power than if you donate. Plus there is a LOT more paperwork to be done, and that varies from country to country for international purchases. No doubt there are many taxes to be paid, receipts have to be handed out, etc. Classifying it as a donation is easier and creates less hassle. But we all know you're not giving Martin money for the hell of it or for the good job he's doing. You're buying privileges for your account.

Let me give you an example: when you play a MMORPG, say World of Warcraft, it is specifically stated that Blizzard reserves the right to ban or delete you at any time. This goes for any MMO, it's standard format.

When you pay your monthly subscription, is that a donation? No. You pay for access to the WoW servers in order to enjoy the online game. Paying for a SS is exactly the same. You pay for access to the AW trade center and for the opportunity to engage in economical transactions.

Now, you could argue that blizzard won't delete your account for no reason. That is absolutely correct. However I would not be playing this game or spend money on it if I thought Martin would delete my account for no reason.

Donations do not offer benefits in return as a general rule, at least nothing material of worth. It may make you feel better for being an awesome human being but it won't give you cake. Therefore, buying a SS is not a donation.

If you really want to donate, get that guy to join the game for no return benefit to you. There you go, now THAT's a donation. The one of very few ways in which you truly donate to this game.


Last edited by Sandwalker on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Nomad on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:14 pm

1. YW

2. We both know the definitions of each, but it is called a "Donation" because if your were "Buying" something, then the admins can't simply take it away, or close the game, or anything such as that,,,,, thats what I meant. You are correct in what you say tho.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Sandwalker on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Nomad wrote:1. YW

2. We both know the definitions of each, but it is called a "Donation" because if your were "Buying" something, then the admins can't simply take it away, or close the game, or anything such as that,,,,, thats what I meant. You are correct in what you say tho.

I edited my post while you were replying in which I covered what you say in your second point.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Nomad on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:19 pm

missed it, sorry

your edit was spot on, and exactly what i was trying to say. Cool
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Nomad wrote:missed it, sorry

your edit was spot on, and exactly what i was trying to say. Cool
personally I use the word donate in case some smartbum gets themself something, then cheats, gets banned, and would then be delusional about actually having the right to receive his money back.

so yeh, for all I care anyone can say they are buying stuff, it's just semantics to me. What it really is doesn't change by what you call it.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Kenzu on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:52 pm

Nomad wrote:what does ACU stand for?

Secondly, I like the idea, but not when it effects the $$ generated to support the game. a 100$ VIP SS getting a free 10$ SS I cant say I really agree with. IDK.

Those who are referring paying players are definitely supporting the game.
I think that a small monetary reward will increase the incentives for players to ask more people to join the game.

If you play aderan wars, you might invite all the friends you know and that's it, but if you are offered 1$ for each 10$ a person you referred has donated, then you might look in the net and invite much more people!

Sandwalker wrote:I wholeheartedly disagree with this.

For the most obvious reason: When you're buying a SS, you're not donating squat. You're purchasing a service. Donating means you don't get anything back.

Furthermore, as I see it right at this moment, it would be a good way for someone with a hundred newbies to make some cash. I'm not pointing any fingers.

Why complicate things? If you want to refer people to the game, do it because you want to have more people to play with, not to get a few free bucks to spend.

If are pointing at me, I would like to add that we could add an option where players can decide if they want to donate back to Aderan Wars all the $ they got from referring to the game and not get anything in return (maybe only a medal).

I would donate the $ back without asking for any resources in return.

Nomad wrote:Some good points Walker.

But, you are making "Donations", thats why all of it can be removed at any time and there is nothing you can do about it.

My agreeance comes from the fact I don't mind rewarding someone who can bring more people willing to stay ingame, but like I said, I dont like the idea of hurting the $$ generated for the game to give to players.

I don't understand how donating 10% back when new players have joined the game is going to hurt the game?
There will be more paying players and thus more revenue to the game, a win win situation for the player and the game.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Nomad on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:42 am

Kenzu wrote:
I don't understand how donating 10% back when new players have joined the game is going to hurt the game?
There will be more paying players and thus more revenue to the game, a win win situation for the player and the game.

Someone who plays the game because they like it will invite people no matter what. When you start offering $$ to people everything will change. You will start to see recruitment links in places they are not allowed, and you will start seeing lies being told to get people here.

Thats just my opinion, and I leave it to admin.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:09 am

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
I don't understand how donating 10% back when new players have joined the game is going to hurt the game?
There will be more paying players and thus more revenue to the game, a win win situation for the player and the game.

Someone who plays the game because they like it will invite people no matter what. When you start offering $$ to people everything will change. You will start to see recruitment links in places they are not allowed, and you will start seeing lies being told to get people here.

Thats just my opinion, and I leave it to admin.
it's more based off the numbers we got with respect to how much we payed for ads relative to how many active players we got from them

the reply has nothing to say about what i think of this
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Kenzu on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
I don't understand how donating 10% back when new players have joined the game is going to hurt the game?
There will be more paying players and thus more revenue to the game, a win win situation for the player and the game.

Someone who plays the game because they like it will invite people no matter what. When you start offering $$ to people everything will change. You will start to see recruitment links in places they are not allowed, and you will start seeing lies being told to get people here.

Thats just my opinion, and I leave it to admin.

If the recruitment links will be all over the internet, there will be people who will be lead to Aderan Wars through one of them and will like it very much, but if the recruitment link wasnt there, they would never find out about Aderan Wars, even if they would love the game.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Nomad on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:16 pm

I thought alot on this, and my gut still says its a bad idea to pay people $$ to recruit people here.

BUT

If its set up as explained above, person A gets person be to start playing. player B buys a SS. then player A gets 10% back. This is correct right?

I can live with that if admin is cool with it, its his money hes paying out.

I would much rather see the same situation but instead of actual $$ make AW cash that can be spent on anything ingame from BM resources to SS's. Then all the $$ still stays in AW and not in a players pocket.

My stance is, its admins money, if hes cool with it then I'm cool with it.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Refer new players and get 10% of donations

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum