Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

captcha

+10
Nomad
Zanti
Balthier
Nigatsu_Aka
Casshern
Magnus
Sandwalker
Kismet
Admin
Lord Pegasus
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Captcha is easy to read?

captcha - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%captcha - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
captcha - Page 3 Vote_lcap67%captcha - Page 3 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 8 ]
captcha - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%captcha - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

captcha - Page 3 Empty Re: captcha

Post by Magnus Sat May 16, 2009 8:35 am

How about this. You have a captcha login what can be hacked or whatever its called. lol! . How about this : Banks give out a Pin that you have to put in if you do a transaction over the internet. The Banks send out a Page with Numbers and Letters in it that are presented as a code. Well how about creating a programm that will recognize these pins for each player. Each player gets sent automatically these pins per e-mail every 2 weeks. Yeah it would be a pain in the ass to get the list, look and then enter. It would bust every auto login that you probably have around since the codes change. So for any chance the auto login can be used a couple of days at the most. After that time the 2 weeks period is over and a new set of codes gets sent. Idea
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Sat May 16, 2009 10:45 am

Magnus wrote:How about this. You have a captcha login what can be hacked or whatever its called. lol! . How about this : Banks give out a Pin that you have to put in if you do a transaction over the internet. The Banks send out a Page with Numbers and Letters in it that are presented as a code. Well how about creating a programm that will recognize these pins for each player. Each player gets sent automatically these pins per e-mail every 2 weeks. Yeah it would be a pain in the ass to get the list, look and then enter. It would bust every auto login that you probably have around since the codes change. So for any chance the auto login can be used a couple of days at the most. After that time the 2 weeks period is over and a new set of codes gets sent. Idea

How do you think emails would stop this, many email programs have an auto-forward option, and it's not hard to write a program to read an email if you're capable of writing one that can auto-bank for you. This would be a pain in the ass, and not actually prevent anyone from scripting if they put their mind to it.

Beanz
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 16, 2009 11:31 am

ok, results of ingame poll:
15.8% very easy
13.2% easy
32.4% moderate
24.6% hard
14% very hard

global average of reading the image:55% (5.5 images read out of 10)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Sat May 16, 2009 11:45 am

Beanz wrote:
Magnus wrote:How about this. You have a captcha login what can be hacked or whatever its called. lol! . How about this : Banks give out a Pin that you have to put in if you do a transaction over the internet. The Banks send out a Page with Numbers and Letters in it that are presented as a code. Well how about creating a programm that will recognize these pins for each player. Each player gets sent automatically these pins per e-mail every 2 weeks. Yeah it would be a pain in the ass to get the list, look and then enter. It would bust every auto login that you probably have around since the codes change. So for any chance the auto login can be used a couple of days at the most. After that time the 2 weeks period is over and a new set of codes gets sent. Idea

How do you think emails would stop this, many email programs have an auto-forward option, and it's not hard to write a program to read an email if you're capable of writing one that can auto-bank for you. This would be a pain in the ass, and not actually prevent anyone from scripting if they put their mind to it.

read again has nothing really to do with emails but with the pins you get Basketball
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 16, 2009 11:49 am

yeh but the script would read the mail and auto update the pin then
and then pass it along with the banking instruction to the site
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Sat May 16, 2009 11:51 am

oh ok pale
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat May 16, 2009 2:40 pm

the size is good and it clear, but i did the 10 image test and 4 out of 10 were overlapping to the extreme of being unreadable. So it may be coincidenence idk but that average is up from the last test.

*goes to try moble phone*

Capcha looks really good on phone, but it still slows page load pretty signifigantly. as long as i dont hit 2 or 3 overlapping capchas ill be ok, but with a 15 minute break, i cant waste 6 or 7 minute trying to log into 1 game and bank.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Sun May 17, 2009 9:04 am

works fine now
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 17, 2009 1:21 pm

second set of results:
very easy 34.6%
easy 39.2%
moderate 20.6%
hard 3.7%
very hard 1.9%

out of 100 images 69.7% read
will play around a bit with how the colors are used so that no two letters together are the same color but i think otherwise i'm gonna leave it at that
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Sun May 17, 2009 1:28 pm

well if anyone says very hard should get some glasses Shocked
Magnus
Magnus