Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Administrative Efficiency 61.94 %

+21
Commander Cody
buhcoreTheGreat
seaborgium
Casshern
curumo
kingkongfan1
Nimras
Special Agent 47
Jiro
Steveanaya
Lord Ishurue
chaos
ian
october 17
Sandwalker
Balthier
Admin
TipsY
bebita
Nomad
Kenzu
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Administrative Efficiency	61.94 % - Page 2 Empty Re: Administrative Efficiency 61.94 %

Post by Casshern Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:10 pm

seaborgium wrote:well the last 7 pages or so are nothing but new accounts, I am sure you would have seen that had you looked at the other threads that were posted to this morning.

thanks i didn't see it mentioned anywhere else this morning but then i don't read half the fluff some of ye do post Razz

guess that means since my ae half with 7 new pages of players that the active base of players is only around 200
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Administrative Efficiency	61.94 % - Page 2 Empty Re: Administrative Efficiency 61.94 %

Post by Nimras Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:13 pm

buhcoreTheGreat wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:my A.E. took a nosedive to 46.68%, from about 94%, the G.A.A.S. dropped from over 2 million + to 646,498... due to the 7 pages of new accounts signed up in the last 10-12 hours or so, is my guess...

Administrative Efficiency 30.87 % 7 pages of new players? Shocked i am glad to hear that but.. my income is lowered by 100mil lol
also, is AE be based on active players only ?

From what i know yes.

So when alot of new players join or small players log in it affect the AE to much.

I think admin should change the way it reacts because this is not tollorable at all its actually bullocks.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Administrative efficiency dropped so much because 170 accounts registered today. That's all.

AE is based on active players, yes. Since only a minority of users who register keep playing on the 2nd day the AE should fall back.

btw, do you have any idea why people register but most of them don't bother logging in a second time?
This is something which exists in each single game, you can always see that a game has tousands of registered players but probably only 10% active players or less.
If we ignore those people who played a long time and focus only on the people who quit playing the day they registered. Why do you think it is this way?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Kenzu wrote:Administrative efficiency dropped so much because 170 accounts registered today. That's all.

AE is based on active players, yes. Since only a minority of users who register keep playing on the 2nd day the AE should fall back.

btw, do you have any idea why people register but most of them don't bother logging in a second time?
This is something which exists in each single game, you can always see that a game has tousands of registered players but probably only 10% active players or less.
If we ignore those people who played a long time and focus only on the people who quit playing the day they registered. Why do you think it is this way?

Kenzu no offense i give a crap ass about it what i want is for ADMIN to make sure when so many accounts are made it doese not affect AE this much i already feel screwed by the dear admin once and he still owe me the losses for that, And i want compensation for the losses now because of a system thats to easy to affect.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:22 pm

it's not a loss if you didn't have it in the first place.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Cody Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:27 pm

k but why are you going to let AE drop so much over night with no warning what so ever... i lost my officer and half my income because of this...

Commander Cody
Mercenary
Mercenary

Alliance : Mujengan_(TOC)
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Commander Cody wrote:k but why are you going to let AE drop so much over night with no warning what so ever... i lost my officer and half my income because of this...
i'm not dropping it

the game is
It looks at who's been active in the last day, ignores a quarter of the smallest and biggest players and then finds out the average of the rest.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Admin wrote:
Commander Cody wrote:k but why are you going to let AE drop so much over night with no warning what so ever... i lost my officer and half my income because of this...
i'm not dropping it

the game is
It looks at who's been active in the last day, ignores a quarter of the smallest and biggest players and then finds out the average of the rest.

Look admin this way you run it right now SCREWS everyone. What you should do is make a perm Average until this game is more populare or we have more active players so this don't happen.

I find it screwing us over when 170 people can join and make the entire game go down to nothing in income.

Yes i want every single Kuwal i lost as my AE should be 100% and the losses you better cower because of your crappy Army size working like bull.

No offense but i could understand if everyone was so much bigger and it hit proberly. But this doese not work nor is it ok.

FIX is.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:55 pm

perm average?
Do you even understand the concept of "average"?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Do you know that if the entire server made 1 extra account we would all drop the average to so low AE would be 5%?
(Dont mix AW with other games you might be playing)

I feel that it may be flawed. I believe you should change the average to the sum of maybe the top 100 army sizes to make it fair to your players who STARTED FROM THE BEGINNING. It seems the only thing that is being done is that everyone who grows larger always gets punished for those new recruits they bring in. How likely would your old players want to bring in new players if all we get is punishment to our income and ETC.

Admin Edit

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : THE IMPERIUM EMPIRE
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Admin wrote:perm average?
Do you even understand the concept of "average"?

Yes i understand the damn AVERAGE i am a Math geek jesus.

But what i mean is a TEMP PERM AVERAGE meaning you set a number lets say 4 mill.

And waite until the game is more populare and have more grown accounts before you make it move again.

Or only let the average be based on lets say the 100 - 200 top accounts.

Because this bull doese not work.

I could create 300 new accounts and screw this game even more up.

Admin your Average Army Size RIGHT now is bullocks and not working and is screwing everyone up big time just because 170 new accounts joined its not ok nor is it right.

Give us the KUWAL we loose on your porly programmed idea of Average and then make it better.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Admin, do you think there is a way you could make global average army size fluctuate less?
Or is the current volatility of average armysize intentional?
If it is unintentional, I can imagine something like making the current effective global average armysize the average of the GAA of the past 7 days. That would have made the dip from today much less. There would be a steady decline if lots of new players joined and stayed, but only a small dip if they left again.
And yes, my AE went from 60% to 33%, so it is inconvenient. Then again, the game is not meant to be convenient.
As for an AE of 5%, I thought it approached 20% as your armysize approaches infinity and there is no way you'd get to 5%.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Jiro wrote:Admin, do you think there is a way you could make global average army size fluctuate less?
already working on it

and no there's no chance of getting a 5% AE
the bottom limit is 20
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Jesus then I already hit the rock bottom limit without even growing any bigger than I already am... I am sure first page players got hit the most since they have the biggest army sizes.

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Administrative Efficiency 38.68 % LOL wth. xD

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Admin wrote:It looks at who's been active in the last day, ignores a quarter of the smallest and biggest players and then finds out the average of the rest.

Well obviously the system is a little flawed in judging the active accs.

I am not sure why it "ignores" some players. Shouldn't it take ALL active players into account? Doesn't make much sense but that's just my opinion. (I guess its to regulate AE but idk for sure).

I don't really have any suggestions per say for the AE but I will say this is a little bit ridiculous.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:44 pm

I personally don't mind the current AE setup... as for the smaller players all of a sudden whining because their income has dropped, I have a question to each & everyone of you:

Just what do you think its been doing since it existed? Every large player can attest to that the game goes through cycles of AE stability & fluctuation.

Now you know how we feel.

1% drop might not seem much... but if your a 10million farmers player thats the equivalent of 100k of your farmers wiped out. Those of us who were originally on about 45% AE with 19million+ farmers - we d already lost the equivilant of 10.45million farmers. Another 5million (25% less income vs pre-registeration of all these new players) lost isn't a big deal if it means all the 90% AE players have suddenly had their income's more than halved (50% less vs. pre-registration of all these new players). Smile

Its funny how none of you stopped to complain about AE before... yet the moment it significantly affects you your all complaining....
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:06 pm

who needs income Razz

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:09 pm

pass more UU my way and I will stop caring about income lol. But I will say income does play a HUGE ROLE in this game for all the upgrades and stuff lol. I admit I love war, and upgrading techs.... strange but yeah lol

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:Well obviously the system is a little flawed in judging the active accs.

I am not sure why it "ignores" some players. Shouldn't it take ALL active players into account? Doesn't make much sense but that's just my opinion. (I guess its to regulate AE but idk for sure).

I don't really have any suggestions per say for the AE but I will say this is a little bit ridiculous.
new system will ignore ID's that are new, hence only accounts which are older than 1 day will start pulling AE down

it "ignores" players because it only looks at the "middle 50%" of players
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:41 pm

ok, the next time we get new registrations, the game will not count that as immediately active players and the AE wont take a dump.

However should these players play for longer than a day then the game will consider them in the pool of actives, so next time you guys wont notice the drop the following day but the day after, obviously only if all of these new players also keep playing the game
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:46 pm

i had 20% ish AE .

looks like it got fixed. back to 40% ish .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Mine not fixed even tho the average army size is 3,5mill

Administrative Efficiency 45.23 %

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Halog3n Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:26 pm

mine isn't working right either... AE - 69.01 %

Halog3n
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:37 pm

@Ian, so far AE fluctuation has not been this extreme. At least not for me. GAA fluctuated between 2,6M and 3,3M and now it went to 0,6M all of a sudden, causing AE to drop a lot into regions I hadn't been before.
Be glad there was no sudden spell of new players during the TIE-TOC war. That would have messed up a lot of plans. Wink
@Admin, thanks for thinking up a solution so quickly. I hope lots of new players stay and find the forums.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next