Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not buying or selling, but wondering.

2 posters

Go down

Not buying or selling, but wondering. Empty Not buying or selling, but wondering.

Post by Gamniac Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:53 am

And I've been wondering the following: What other use is there for gold?
More to the point, what use is there for gold that makes players buy at 150% of its actual value?

Gold generally serves two purposes:
1) It can be traded in for other resources (not unlike the cash market),
2) It can be used to instantly complete construction of buildings.

Given that people buy gold for higher values value than they can buy with the gold, I would assume that the buyers are building an awful lot of structures that they want to see finished ASAP. I find that conclusion to be a bit shaky.
I can't help but think there's a third option, so refresh my memory if you would be so kind; Does gold serve another purpose that would make several players willing to take a net loss over this (freely available) resource, like a hidden victory condition?
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Not buying or selling, but wondering. Empty Re: Not buying or selling, but wondering.

Post by Sphinx42 Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:31 pm

There's more to the Spend gold page than trading gold for other resources (click the spoiler below):

Spoiler:

Couldn't copy and paste the buttons with the prices in gold for each, but I think the point gets through anyway - there are lots of things (more or less useful) you can buy with gold, and that's all I'm going to say Wink
Sphinx42
Sphinx42
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down