Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 hr logout

+2
Special Agent 47
Steveanaya
6 posters

Go down

3 hr logout Empty 3 hr logout

Post by Steveanaya Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:13 am

Id like to suggest that if we are actively online (doing something within 5 minutes) it should not log us out based on the 3 hr logout rule thing till we dont do anything for 5 minutes.

This would help the people who, let's say, withdraw 1T kuwal from their bank to spend it within 2 seconds so he doesn't get farmed but gets logged out and loses it all. I've had this happen to me before only on a much smaller scale. Today it almost happened again. Losing 1T kuwal due to the game's fault is enough to make many quit the game. That's the last thing we want.

So what do you guys think?
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

3 hr logout Empty Re: 3 hr logout

Post by Special Agent 47 Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:29 am

A script could keep you active.

The log out is there to stop a script from running non stop.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 am

A script could also log you in and bank for you. I guess it's there for a reason, but I really doubt anyone would use a script to keep you logged In. I think there should at least be a warning so we know how much time is left before it logs us out. That would at least be helpful so we could do it when we know we are safe from the logout.

Just tossing out ideas
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:23 am

The simple answer is to simply log out and then back in before taking any risky actions

It's a common feature that is used as one of the options for combating the use of scripts and in AW we are lucky that there is a 3 hour timer, many other games will only give you 30 minutes
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Steveanaya wrote:Id like to suggest that if we are actively online (doing something within 5 minutes) it should not log us out based on the 3 hr logout rule thing till we dont do anything for 5 minutes.

This would help the people who, let's say, withdraw 1T kuwal from their bank to spend it within 2 seconds so he doesn't get farmed but gets logged out and loses it all. I've had this happen to me before only on a much smaller scale. Today it almost happened again. Losing 1T kuwal due to the game's fault is enough to make many quit the game. That's the last thing we want.

So what do you guys think?

A warning you suggest is a good idea.

A possible fix I see is that your kuwal gets banked if you hit the 3 hour limit.

It does log you out if you dont do anything for half an hour. Maybe these features could be altered to make it more user friendly while the scrip protection remains.

Manleva wrote:The simple answer is to simply log out and then back in before taking any risky actions

It's a common feature that is used as one of the options for combating the use of scripts and in AW we are lucky that there is a 3 hour timer, many other games will only give you 30 minutes

But you probably will not think every time you stay on AW longer about logging out. It happened to me many times that I got logged out because the 3 hours passed. Sofar I didnt have the problem that I had kuwal out when it logged me out, but steveanaya's point is important and to prevent the kuwal being farmed due to log out, should be mainly prevented by the game itself.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 pm

We talked about a log out timer once before. I think its a great idea personally. If I remember correctly Admin said he liked it as well.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:00 am

Nomad wrote:We talked about a log out timer once before. I think its a great idea personally. If I remember correctly Admin said he liked it as well.
I will think about how to add this
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 am

Success!!
Steveanaya