Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Battle Reports"

2 posters

Go down

"Battle Reports" Empty "Battle Reports"

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm

This suggestion is probably going to go over like a lead balloon, but I am going to make it anyway. With most if not all current active players/alliances having so called "Farming Policies", to make the calculating of hits easier on those of us who are responsible for such things, I suggest the following...

Make it so the leader/2ic of an alliance can access/see the actual "Battle Reports" of the members of said alliance.

the reason for this is simple, when I get a report of a suspected bad hit, there is certain specific information that I need to accurately calculate the hit(s) that I currently cannot access without either the player making the hit or the player being hit sending me a copy of the "Battle Report"(*). most policies have a time limit & it takes time to communicate between players. Whereas If the leaders could access the "Battle Reports" when needed then a lot of time/aggravation can be saved, & the legality of the hit can be determined quickly, also allowing for compensation to be paid faster.

(*) such as in the case of the attacker having multiple types of weapons in use at the time of the hit, or in the case of the attacker using a different weapon type than that which is shown when doing a spy op. (example: showing having weapons level 13, but only using weapons level 12.)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

"Battle Reports" Empty Re: "Battle Reports"

Post by Manleva Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:11 pm

There are a number of different things that your request encompasses.

You are using a player developed feature as the basis for your suggestion and this is not something that is actually part of the game as developed by Admin. You are also taking on the accountability for policing this at an alliance leadership level rather than it being at a player level.

Your points on the calculation are also at odds with TMI's policy which states
"(kuwal taken, lost units, training cost, weapon cost(attacker current level)" therefor compensation is calculated on the Attackers weapon level and not the actual weapons used.

While I support your suggestion above I would like to see it available to ALL Alliance leadership positions. I would also like to add that there should be a way to display all of the battle logs for an alliance in a date ordered view as well as by individual alliance member.

Detailed battle log information from an Alliance point of view adds the ability to make better decisions in times of war and provides the ability to also help improve individual players by offering advice based on actual results.

From the compensation point of view I have to admit that I am a firm believer that the initial reporting must come from the individual player and not their alliance leadership
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Manleva wrote:There are a number of different things that your request encompasses.

You are using a player developed feature as the basis for your suggestion and this is not something that is actually part of the game as developed by Admin. You are also taking on the accountability for policing this at an alliance leadership level rather than it being at a player level.
Point taken on the player development feature, but I think that even with this being something developed by the players I still think that it is a good Idea for the reason you state below.

Your points on the calculation are also at odds with TMI's policy which states
"(kuwal taken, lost units, training cost, weapon cost(attacker current level)" therefor compensation is calculated on the Attackers weapon level and not the actual weapons used.
Interesting point you make, I shall speak about this further at a later time.

While I support your suggestion above I would like to see it available to ALL Alliance leadership positions. I would also like to add that there should be a way to display all of the battle logs for an alliance in a date ordered view as well as by individual alliance member.
I agree here as well, I was rushed when I made my earlier post.

Detailed battle log information from an Alliance point of view adds the ability to make better decisions in times of war and provides the ability to also help improve individual players by offering advice based on actual results.
I agree here as well.

From the compensation point of view I have to admit that I am a firm believer that the initial reporting must come from the individual player and not their alliance leadership

See the PM I sent you.

**EDIT**

As I predicted, this went over like a lead balloon.

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : final thoughts on this subject...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content