Admin on Hiatus?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Special Agent 47 on Sun May 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Any idea where Admin Martin has gone or when he will return?

I know and completely understand real life comes first, but I do not think a message about such long breaks from the game are to much to ask.
avatar
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Location : Preparing for my next mission.
Registration date : 2009-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Kenzu on Mon May 28, 2012 9:52 am

You probably meant long brakes from posting on the forum. Because he visits AW and the forums every day.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Gamniac on Mon May 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Guess he's got nothing to say, then.
avatar
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Age : 28
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Special Agent 47 on Mon May 28, 2012 3:17 pm

http://aderanwars.forumotion.com/t2826-destruction-missions

So you are telling me that 2 bugs have been reported in the above thread, and that neither is even worthy of a reply or explanation from Admin?

I have to say I find this discerning to say the least. If there is no bug it is rather rude to not simply say so. If there is a bug it should be fixed. If there is a bug and Martin is busy in real life then some statement should be made such as "Yes there is a bug but R/L issues are more important since the bug is not game changing and a late fix will not adversely effect anyone."

If what you say is true Kenzu then I must ask why have you taken such an uncaring attitude about the game Martin? It is not like you to do so but Kenzu is insisting you are here just that you do not care enough to post.

I hope you will respond Martin.
avatar
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Location : Preparing for my next mission.
Registration date : 2009-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Admin on Thu May 31, 2012 8:29 pm

I haven't visited the forum in a month, I am taking a more active role now again, even though the next month will be still somewhat taxing, I plan on releasing the last few updates needed for AF and get evolutions running in july

also I have posted in the respective topics by now

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Alex on Thu May 31, 2012 9:40 pm

I don't know why you were away but it would be nice to post something along the lines of: 'I will be away for a month/week/period of time' or if that is not possible get kenzu to post the same on your behalf, rather then just not post.

-Alex
avatar
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

-123
Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Special Agent 47 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:47 am

Kenzu wrote:You probably meant long brakes from posting on the forum. Because he visits AW and the forums every day.

Admin wrote:I haven't visited the forum in a month, I am taking a more active role now again, even though the next month will be still somewhat taxing,

Now I must ask why Kenzu has made this statement then. You allow Kenzu to speak on your behalf, and he has basically just told a bold faced lie to the AW forum public. Why?

Glad to see you back, and we really do know real life comes first. Just like to hear from you from time to time is all we ask.
avatar
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Location : Preparing for my next mission.
Registration date : 2009-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Special Agent 47 wrote:Now I must ask why Kenzu has made this statement then. You allow Kenzu to speak on your behalf, and he has basically just told a bold faced lie to the AW forum public. Why?
Please look into a dictionary about what a "lie" means, especially in connection with "bold faced"
I am basically calling bullload on your statement and will expect an adequate response to correct what you have just said

I haven't been gone like travelling abroad with no net, I simply wasn't looking at the forum, which is why kenzu didn't have much reason to assume otherwise because I dont tell him each time I check out the forum that I have done so, neither does he.

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Special Agent 47 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Admin wrote:
Special Agent 47 wrote:Now I must ask why Kenzu has made this statement then. You allow Kenzu to speak on your behalf, and he has basically just told a bold faced lie to the AW forum public. Why?
Please look into a dictionary about what a "lie" means, especially in connection with "bold faced"
I am basically calling bullload on your statement and will expect an adequate response to correct what you have just said

I haven't been gone like travelling abroad with no net, I simply wasn't looking at the forum, which is why kenzu didn't have much reason to assume otherwise because I dont tell him each time I check out the forum that I have done so, neither does he.

I can see you calling bullload if you want, but I can not understand how you expect the AW forum base to think anything different. I also do not understand what response you want or what you will find adequate. Kenzu plainly stated you had visited forums daily. You state you have not been in forums for a month. This thread was started by myself asking where you had gone and how long till your return.

Now you could have come here and said something similar to "Kenzu sees me on AW and possibly assumes I check everything, forums included. I have been slacking off the forums tho so he assumed I was on daily. Therefore he told no lie, he just didnt know everything."

But what was said was "admin is here daily" by Kenzu, followed with "I have not been here for a month" by yourself. I stand by my statement of a "lie" being told. I'll yield on the boldfaced part as it was more a jab at both Kenzu and yourself. It was thrown at Kenzu for posting and saying something totally unneccissary without questioning the situation or why the question was asked. He just posts and in this case posted a falsehood. It was a jab at you because it should show you something but apparently you still refuse to see it. If Kenzu had simply asked you if you been in forums, or pointed you to the thread for you to respond none of this would have happened. Instead he make a statement you state is completely false.

If you find my response inadequate we can continue this VIA PM, or you can guide me to a more adequate response in your opinion. The question asked was answered and I thank you for it. I hope you do well with the real life issue that is robbing you of your free time.


Last edited by Special Agent 47 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
avatar
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Location : Preparing for my next mission.
Registration date : 2009-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:22 pm

I thank you for partially agreeing with me, I will talk with kenzu to be more accurate in his statements if he uses the admin account

I still stand by the dictionary definition of lie which requires intention to say wrong things and/or partial/full knowledge of true situation.
I clearly explained why that was not the case, hence kenzu couldn't have been lying. posting unverified stuff maybe

and by now it's not simply semantics because if some people want to be pedantic about stuff then let's be pedantic about it.
Next time dont lie about kenzu lying about something (see how little sense this makes, but it's the same thing. I explained why kenzu didn't know better, yet you still say he lies, consequently, you are lying. Besides the fact that he said "aw and forum every day", and I did still check AW and ingame support tickets and some other stuff daily so technically he was correct, aw and forum doesn't mean I have to check both to be true [though this depends if you write it as a math sets problem or a programming condition], which again would mean you were lying but I'm digressing now)

as to the fact about me not replying to kenzu actually writing how I am on the forum daily (esp keeping last month in mind), my first objective currently was to check bug section on main/test, fix whatever was broken, fix some other stuff I noticed myself, post in topics that were important.
Reading every single post was obviously not a priority, so I usually stuck to reading first/last post of those particular threads unless more were needed.

using your definition (one person posts A, second person posts B, second person most likely knows better for whatever reason) I'd have to call most of the people on this forum liars, you might notice how I dont (and i'm only talking suggestions/released updates/faq section here)

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Manleva on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:01 am

I don't really care about who said what and why it was said but I am disappointed that the situation came up at all.

It appears to me that this is a communication issue between the Game Admin and the Forum Admin that really should never have occurred.

I would have thought that the Game Admin would simply have sent the Forum Admin a simple message that he's not going to be checking the Forum and just let him know if anything occurs that he needs to look into.

Also as we are used to seeing the Game Admin in the forum and replying to issues fairly quickly then I would have expected that the Forum Admin making the post that he did simply to send the Game Admin a message that there's an issue that needs looking at and then simply posting the fact that it has been brought to the Game Admin's attention
avatar
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Age : 59
Number of posts : 659
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Special Agent 47 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:10 am

Admin wrote:I thank you for partially agreeing with me, I will talk with kenzu to be more accurate in his statements if he uses the admin account

Your welcome. I have had far less of a time seeing and agreeing with your explanations they you and your brother have seeing and agreeing with anyone other then your own. Is kind of sad you both again kind of failed to even get the jabs thrown at you, but maybe one day many years down the road you will get it. Thanks for speaking with Kenzu for the umptenth time now. Hopefully sooner or later something will finally stick.

@ Manleva,,,,

don't take this personal but I laughed so hard at your post. I just wonder why he couldn't just ask him since they live in the same house LOL
*Pictures Kenzu typing message at kitchen table and Emailing Martin as he sits on the couch 10 feet away*
(Not saying that happens or is the case, just amused at the thought, no malice intended)
avatar
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Location : Preparing for my next mission.
Registration date : 2009-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:43 pm

but the point I was doing was precicely because we live in the same house, we dont really keep tabs on who checked out the forum and who hasn't

hence the message about "check out forum" or "i wont be looking on forum in the near future" does not get passed often (unless some extreme critical bug or whatever happens)

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Nomad on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:14 am

help
Admin - Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:25 am

This is the first of 2 messages in my out box yet to be read. If anyone can reach Admin Martin could you tell him to please check his messages.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by goku1719 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Guys, here's a kid asking a simple question about the first few posts. Forget me being a senior member of an alliance and all that stuff about game for a second, just focus on me being me.

Do we REALLY have to be that hostile towards eachother and nitpick? Someone made a mistake, then leave it as a mistake, animosity only serves to escalate the situation.

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 4596
Alliance : World Republic (TOC)
Age : 18
Number of posts : 181
Location : London, England
Registration date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Nomad on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Well it is Aug 23 now. My message has sat unread by admin since July 31. I asked for help to reach admin on Aug 11. Forum Admin Kenzu has been on multiple times but made no response. I really do not know anything else to do.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by goku1719 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:03 pm

I can see your point, but throwing accusations and insinuating someone lied does not help to get your point across, neither does it help to compel someone to respond to you in a positive manner. Can you see my point here?

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 4596
Alliance : World Republic (TOC)
Age : 18
Number of posts : 181
Location : London, England
Registration date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Nomad on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:53 am

Yep.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by goku1719 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:17 am

-Grins- Great. I hope it helps to avoid conflict in the future!

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 4596
Alliance : World Republic (TOC)
Age : 18
Number of posts : 181
Location : London, England
Registration date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin on Hiatus?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum