vacationed memebers

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by kingkongfan1 on Sun May 06, 2012 1:37 pm

I want to apologize to keinutnai, for after reviewing my post this morning, I sounded a bit grumpy to me... so I am sorry keinutnai if I offended you or hurt your feeling with my post. That was not the intent. (it was late, I was tired & my air condition is broken so it was ~36 degrees C in the house.)...

Moving on, there seems to be an issue as to understanding the difference between a question being asked & a statement, so I propose that for further talks that we follow the following ground rules to help prevent confusion.

1) end questions with a [?]
2) when answering someones question start with "The answer to your question is"
3) when someone has made a statement that you wish to respond to, mark that statement with a(*). if there is more than one statement it will look like this > first statement(*), second statement(**), third statement(***), etc. when responding to a statement, be sure to mark your response with the corresponding(*) so that statements & responses can be matched up easily.

If there is anything else that you would like to try to attempt to make communication easier between us please let me know as it is quite obvious that tho we may both "know" the English language, we "use" it quite differently...

As far as this goes...

Keinutnai wrote:@kingkongfan
WR is not a dictatorship. Except the leader, there is a 2nd in command, we also have a high command. Decisions are made by everyone and we often ask people for their opinions. We also asked if people want that we boot our vacated members. The vast majority of members voted against booting them, even if it meant that the war will continue. We also give a lot of opportunities for regular members to gain leadership positions. Unfortunately our high command has RL constraints and there are not enough people who have the ambition and time to be in the high command. And that's why I end up doing most of the work here in World Republic.

But you calling World Republic a dictatorship is an insult not only to me, but to all of World Republic. We have been a democracy since day 1!(*)

(*) here is my response to the above statement... consider this keinutnai; nearly 1/2 of T.M.I is ex WR. on top of that I have spoken with several players both current & past members. guess what, they all say the same thing, that it is NOT a democracy. Now before you go blowing your top; stop & consider this for a moment, who would you believe if you knew nothing of the situation, the one player/leader of an alliance that shouts "We are a democracy!", or the multitude of players who are both present & past members of that same alliance that say "no it is NOT a democracy". would you believe the one or the many? that is the question. Now as with many other things YOUR definition of democracy could be different than WEBSTERS definition. but in any case; my main point is this, I am ex world republic. When I was in WR, it was about a year old, WR was NOT a democracy when I was a member. & when I left; & you asked me why I left, & I said it was because of your tyrannical manner of ruling WR. you stabbed syndicate in the back, making a post stating that syndicate was the reason I left when In fact it was your piss poor leadership that drove me from WR. So if I insulted you, I am sorry that the truth hurts you so much. Look at it this way, we all have to face the truth sometime no matter how much it hurts.

Now on to the matter at hand...

as you can see all but 2 of our vacated have been removed, (those 2 have extenuating circumstances & will not be booted at this time)

So, do you want to end this war or not?

avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 49
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Keinutnai on Sun May 06, 2012 4:18 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:I want to apologize to keinutnai, for after reviewing my post this morning, I sounded a bit grumpy to me... so I am sorry keinutnai if I offended you or hurt your feeling with my post. That was not the intent. (it was late, I was tired & my air condition is broken so it was ~36 degrees C in the house.)...

Accepted.
The post was very rude, but I appreciate the apology.


Moving on, there seems to be an issue as to understanding the difference between a question being asked & a statement, so I propose that for further talks that we follow the following ground rules to help prevent confusion.

1) end questions with a [?]
2) when answering someones question start with "The answer to your question is"
You really think this is necessary? If there is a question mark, then this is obviously a question. The only exception is a rhetorical question, which I believe is almost never posted here.

3) when someone has made a statement that you wish to respond to, mark that statement with a(*). if there is more than one statement it will look like this > first statement(*), second statement(**), third statement(***), etc. when responding to a statement, be sure to mark your response with the corresponding(*) so that statements & responses can be matched up easily.

I usually quote the part that is relevant to the question asked. I rather not set up too many rules on how to ask questions. It really shouldn't be that hard what a person asks. If there is your text, and then my response then your text and again my response, then obviously each of my responses is an answer to your text above.

If there is anything else that you would like to try to attempt to make communication easier between us please let me know as it is quite obvious that tho we may both "know" the English language, we "use" it quite differently...

As far as this goes...

Keinutnai wrote:@kingkongfan
WR is not a dictatorship. Except the leader, there is a 2nd in command, we also have a high command. Decisions are made by everyone and we often ask people for their opinions. We also asked if people want that we boot our vacated members. The vast majority of members voted against booting them, even if it meant that the war will continue. We also give a lot of opportunities for regular members to gain leadership positions. Unfortunately our high command has RL constraints and there are not enough people who have the ambition and time to be in the high command. And that's why I end up doing most of the work here in World Republic.

But you calling World Republic a dictatorship is an insult not only to me, but to all of World Republic. We have been a democracy since day 1!(*)

(*) here is my response to the above statement... consider this keinutnai; nearly 1/2 of T.M.I is ex WR. on top of that I have spoken with several players both current & past members. guess what, they all say the same thing, that it is NOT a democracy. Now before you go blowing your top; stop & consider this for a moment, who would you believe if you knew nothing of the situation, the one player/leader of an alliance that shouts "We are a democracy!", or the multitude of players who are both present & past members of that same alliance that say "no it is NOT a democracy". would you believe the one or the many? that is the question. Now as with many other things YOUR definition of democracy could be different than WEBSTERS definition. but in any case; my main point is this, I am ex world republic. When I was in WR, it was about a year old, WR was NOT a democracy when I was a member. & when I left; & you asked me why I left, & I said it was because of your tyrannical manner of ruling WR. you stabbed syndicate in the back, making a post stating that syndicate was the reason I left when In fact it was your piss poor leadership that drove me from WR. So if I insulted you, I am sorry that the truth hurts you so much. Look at it this way, we all have to face the truth sometime no matter how much it hurts.

(*) here is my response to the above statement: You claim that half of TMI was in WR, but this is completely wrong. Out of the 26 players, only 4 have ever been in WR. You, nimras, Jookaremo and Truestrike. Can you please name the players who were in WR? Because 4/26 is not a half, not even close to a half. So who do you think was in WR?


Then obviously a neutral observer wants to make an objective opinion about something, and its clear that if he asks anyone in any of the opposing alliances, he will get a biased opinion. Just like my opinion might be shifted towards WR, the opinions of TMI members will be shifted towards TMI. The opinions of players who left WR are inherently biased as well. And are likely to be negative, otherwise they wouldn't have left in the first place. Also, I am 99% sure that you DID NOT ask all other 3 TMI if WR was democratic. Someone who wants to have an unbiased view in this case would have to ask as many people as possible, even if they are biased, and then based on all facts make an opinion. Why don't you ask WR members if WR is democratic? We have many members and they obviously know better if WR is democratic, than people outside who have no idea how WR has been run for the last 2 years. Besides, if you ask Truestrike and Jookaremo, they will probably tell you themselves that I always gave people the opportunity to join the high command, and let our members vote on all important decisions. But for that you need to ask them first. So I have a question. Who did you ask if WR was democratic before making your last post?


And now I'd like to talk about you and your former membership. You have been in WR for a rather short time, were not very talkative and didn't show much interest for WR to be honest. How long did you stay with us? Maybe only a month or two. I am sure that during the time you were with us, there were no important decisions to make and there was no war either, so you did not have the opportunity to see if our alliance is democratic or not. You only saw me as your leader and that's it. You also did not make any suggestions to improve our alliance, and you also didn't talk to me about things you dislike in the alliance. You didn't attempt to improve anything, and what you have done is to leave without a word. Once I asked you why you left, and I still remember the reasons you mentioned to me. You DID NOT say that I was not democratic and you didn't mention dictatorship at all. Instead you have mentioned 2 things. One thing was that you disliked our forums they seemed too political to you, because only a section of it was for WR on Aderan Wars, and you didn't like the theme either (and it was because of you, why we have then decided to change to a new forum, which has a better appearance and is solely used for WR on AW. We use this forum until now.) The other reason was that you considered World Republic not to be personal enough. That there was not enough member interaction. Funny thing was that you told me there was no interaction, but haven't attempted to communicate much with me either, even though I always attempt to get to know new members better. And I find it funny that I remember what you told me after you left WR but you yourself don't. And I don't get why now you are telling me a completely different reason. Has your membership in TMI and the things they say to make their members hate us change your memory, or was it that this was the true reason you left at that time, but told me something completely different? I believe the former is true. So can you please explain this?

I marked all questions I want an answer to in bold


Now on to the matter at hand...

as you can see all but 2 of our vacated have been removed, (those 2 have extenuating circumstances & will not be booted at this time)

So, do you want to end this war or not?

Of course I want to end this war, and since you booted 4/6 vacated members, I will try to convince our members to boot our vacated. You know, you didn't have to boot the vacated members if you didn't want to. I merely asked for the reason why you keep them for a certain period of time. If you said that you will kick the vacated members as well, then it obviously is more likely to convince our members to do the same, but it's still not a guarantee. I do welcome your decision to boot them though, and it will help us to reach a common solution.

Maybe I can convince them that we can drop at least the members who I don't have a contact to and at the same time have less than 10 million population. Those who promised to come back soon are already in the mentioned group. That would be about 10-12 members we could kick. But I can't make any promises at the moment. It can be done only if the majority of members vote in support for it.

But don't you think it's a better solution to push admin to make the update, listing vacated at the end of a list and not counting them in the alliance member size? Eventually there will be new vacated accounts, and this problem can be permanently solved only if the code is changed!


avatar
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Paladius on Sun May 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Haven't you forgot that I was in WR Kenny? I guess maybe you didn't notice. *Balls Mad *
avatar
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Age : 29
Number of posts : 364
Location : The Dark Abyss
Registration date : 2010-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by kingkongfan1 on Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Spoiler:
Keinutnai wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:I want to apologize to keinutnai, for after reviewing my post this morning, I sounded a bit grumpy to me... so I am sorry keinutnai if I offended you or hurt your feeling with my post. That was not the intent. (it was late, I was tired & my air condition is broken so it was ~36 degrees C in the house.)...

Accepted.
The post was very rude, but I appreciate the apology.


Moving on, there seems to be an issue as to understanding the difference between a question being asked & a statement, so I propose that for further talks that we follow the following ground rules to help prevent confusion.

1) end questions with a [?]
2) when answering someones question start with "The answer to your question is"
You really think this is necessary? If there is a question mark, then this is obviously a question. The only exception is a rhetorical question, which I believe is almost never posted here.
yes, I think it is necessary as you continually get confused, often thinking I am asking a question when I a making a statement. see my previous post(s) & your responses.

3) when someone has made a statement that you wish to respond to, mark that statement with a(*). if there is more than one statement it will look like this > first statement(*), second statement(**), third statement(***), etc. when responding to a statement, be sure to mark your response with the corresponding(*) so that statements & responses can be matched up easily.

I usually quote the part that is relevant to the question asked.(*) I rather not set up too many rules on how to ask questions. It really shouldn't be that hard what a person asks. If there is your text, and then my response then your text and again my response, then obviously each of my responses is an answer to your text above.
(*) again you seem to often get confused, I refer you again to my previous posts where I have had to point thing out to you in red or purple. I am just trying to make it so that we can understand each other better as you have either gotten confused, or have intentionally tried to twist my posts around to make it sound like I was saying something different than what I said.

If there is anything else that you would like to try to attempt to make communication easier between us please let me know as it is quite obvious that tho we may both "know" the English language, we "use" it quite differently...

As far as this goes...

Keinutnai wrote:@kingkongfan
WR is not a dictatorship. Except the leader, there is a 2nd in command, we also have a high command. Decisions are made by everyone and we often ask people for their opinions. We also asked if people want that we boot our vacated members. The vast majority of members voted against booting them, even if it meant that the war will continue. We also give a lot of opportunities for regular members to gain leadership positions. Unfortunately our high command has RL constraints and there are not enough people who have the ambition and time to be in the high command. And that's why I end up doing most of the work here in World Republic.

But you calling World Republic a dictatorship is an insult not only to me, but to all of World Republic. We have been a democracy since day 1!(*)

(*) here is my response to the above statement... consider this keinutnai; nearly 1/2 of T.M.I is ex WR. on top of that I have spoken with several players both current & past members. guess what, they all say the same thing, that it is NOT a democracy. Now before you go blowing your top; stop & consider this for a moment, who would you believe if you knew nothing of the situation, the one player/leader of an alliance that shouts "We are a democracy!", or the multitude of players who are both present & past members of that same alliance that say "no it is NOT a democracy". would you believe the one or the many? that is the question. Now as with many other things YOUR definition of democracy could be different than WEBSTERS definition. but in any case; my main point is this, I am ex world republic. When I was in WR, it was about a year old, WR was NOT a democracy when I was a member. & when I left; & you asked me why I left, & I said it was because of your tyrannical manner of ruling WR. you stabbed syndicate in the back, making a post stating that syndicate was the reason I left when In fact it was your piss poor leadership that drove me from WR. So if I insulted you, I am sorry that the truth hurts you so much. Look at it this way, we all have to face the truth sometime no matter how much it hurts.

(*) here is my response to the above statement: You claim that half of TMI was in WR, but this is completely wrong. Out of the 26 players, only 4 have ever been in WR. You, nimras, Jookaremo and Truestrike. Can you please name the players who were in WR? Because 4/26 is not a half, not even close to a half. So who do you think was in WR?
this is the answer to the above question in blue...Wait, why do you ask me who I "THINK" is ex WR? do you really believe that I would make a statement not having the facts to back it up? re-read above in purple & you will see I said "nearly 1/2". are you that much of a nit-pik? out of all I said above, this is the only thing you can respond to? the number of ex WR members that are now in T.M.I.. to answer your question there is in actuality 8 members that are ex WR.(nearly half as I said. 8 is only 4 less than 12. 12 being half of our active members atm.The key word here being "NEARLY"). & you have not mentioned the current members of WR that have told me how things are in WR now. please do not ask as I will not reveal their id's, so that you cannot harass them.


Then obviously a neutral observer wants to make an objective opinion about something, and its clear that if he asks anyone in any of the opposing alliances, he will get a biased opinion. Just like my opinion might be shifted towards WR, the opinions of TMI members will be shifted towards TMI. The opinions of players who left WR are inherently biased as well. And are likely to be negative, otherwise they wouldn't have left in the first place. Also, I am 99% sure that you DID NOT ask all other 3 TMI if WR was democratic.(*)
(*)In response to this statement... you are mistaken with this thought. think what you want, it will not change the facts.
Someone who wants to have an unbiased view in this case would have to ask as many people as possible, even if they are biased, and then based on all facts make an opinion. Why don't you ask WR members if WR is democratic?
this is a response to the preceding question... I did, why do you think I didn't?
We have many members and they obviously know better if WR is democratic, than people outside who have no idea how WR has been run for the last 2 years. Besides, if you ask Truestrike and Jookaremo, they will probably tell you themselves that I always gave people the opportunity to join the high command, and let our members vote on all important decisions.(*)
(*)this is a response to the preceding statement... oh, sure... they both talk about how great both you & WR are all the time, & how they wish they were back in WR... Wait, you do understand sarcasm right? you do realize that I am just pulling your leg here & that neither have never said anything of the sort. I hope you realize that they feel & think the same as I in regards to you & WR.
But for that you need to ask them first. So I have a question. Who did you ask if WR was democratic before making your last post?

I have already told you previously in my responses here, I shall not answer your question again. I hope you realize that it is quite annoying when you ask the same question over & over. besides why is it that you are the only WR member jumping up & down screaming that you & WR are democratic. if you were truly democratic as you say, then why isn't there any WR members here to back up your claim? oh, I forgot, most of your members do not get on AW forums. I wonder why.


And now I'd like to talk about you and your former membership. You have been in WR for a rather short time,(*)
(*) this is a response to the preceding statement... I was in WR long enough to see you & all your communist friends for what you truly are.
were not very talkative and didn't show much interest for WR to be honest.(*)
(*) this is in response to the preceding statement... see here you go spreading lies again, I was on WR forums EVERY DAY, I was sending pm's to anyone & everyone in WR trying to get information, orders, anything. trying as best as I could to be as active as possible in the goings on concerning WR. you responded to me three times out of 20+ messages I sent you, reets messaged me once telling me to give it up as the WR forums were dead except the part where you & all your communist buddies hung out at. kismet messaged me several times & if it wasn't for her I would have left sooner than I did. she attempted to keep me in WR but it was too late, not even syndicate couldn't keep me there. Especially after seeing the way you treated him after I left. you should be ashamed of how you treated him. do not forget, I know the "REAL" reason both syndicate & kismet left, not just WR, but AW as well. none other than the WR members mentioned above ever responded to me.
How long did you stay with us?
this is the answer to the preceding question... exactly 3 weeks. more than enough time for me to fully understand that WR was not for me.
Maybe only a month or two. I am sure that during the time you were with us, there were no important decisions to make and there was no war either, so you did not have the opportunity to see if our alliance is democratic or not. You only saw me as your leader and that's it. You also did not make any suggestions to improve our alliance, and you also didn't talk to me about things you dislike in the alliance.(*)
(*) this is in response to the preceding statement... your memory is more faulty than mine apparently. I was constantly making suggestions, & trying to discuss with you the things I didn't like. the only response I ever got from you is... "THEY MAY COME BACK SOME DAY" out of everything I messaged you about, & all I posted on forums, this is all you ever responded to. the fault lies with you for ignoring me.
You didn't attempt to improve anything,(*)
(*) this is a response to the preceding statement... again, yes I did, it is kinda hard to get anything done when you are being ignored by the "LEADER" of the alliance & most everyone else as well.
and what you have done is to leave without a word. Once I asked you why you left, and I still remember the reasons you mentioned to me. You DID NOT say that I was not democratic and you didn't mention dictatorship at all. Instead you have mentioned 2 things. One thing was that you disliked our forums they seemed too political to you, because only a section of it was for WR on Aderan Wars, and you didn't like the theme either (and it was because of you, why we have then decided to change to a new forum, which has a better appearance and is solely used for WR on AW. We use this forum until now.) The other reason was that you considered World Republic not to be personal enough. That there was not enough member interaction. Funny thing was that you told me there was no interaction, but haven't attempted to communicate much with me either, even though I always attempt to get to know new members better. And I find it funny that I remember what you told me after you left WR but you yourself don't.(*)
(*)this is in response to the preceding statement... 1) why should I have said anything about leaving? you harassed me enough as it was when I left. 2) you are right keinutnai; I gave you the 2 least hurtful reasons that I had on my list, I did not feel the need to list every reason I left. I was trying to spare your feelings at that time. (seriously did you want me to tell you that you & WR was the stinkingest pile of horse manure I had ever stepped in?). & you got right most of what I did not like about WR forums. 3) do you consider little to no communication "personal enough". & there was "no" membership interaction at all, just you & your communist buddies bashing the U.S.A. 4) I find your comment funny considering all the forum post & pm's I was sending you, & you never attempted to get to know me better, I had 3 communications from you, 1 about the vacated, 1 telling me to sell my UU, & 1 telling me that If I got my UP up to 3,000 you would give me 3,000 UU. (you still owe me 3,000 UU as you never gave them to me). so I gather that you think that 3 communications are getting to know someone better. 4) I find it funny that you remember what you want instead of what actually happened.
And I don't get why now you are telling me a completely different reason. Has your membership in TMI and the things they say to make their members hate us change your memory, or was it that this was the true reason you left at that time, but told me something completely different? I believe the former is true.(*) So can you please explain this?
this is a response to the statement preceding the question...(*) 1) my membership in any other alliance has nothing to do with what I think about you or WR, that was set by you & you alone, so go ahead & say whatever it is you need to to be able to sleep at night... this is in response to the question above... I think that if you read my responses throughout your passage above, that you will have your answer...

furthermore you & I have such varying views on what democracy is, that you may actually think that WR is truly democratic & I know it is not. I really do not see the use in any further discussion on this matter as you have your opinion, & I have mine & it is obvious that we will not see eye to eye on this for some time to come. so for me, this matter is finished. you want to discuss something else, that is fine. but I am done with this topic of coversation.


I marked all questions I want an answer to in bold


Now on to the matter at hand...

as you can see all but 2 of our vacated have been removed, (those 2 have extenuating circumstances & will not be booted at this time)

So, do you want to end this war or not?

Of course I want to end this war, and since you booted 4/6 vacated members, I will try to convince our members to boot our vacated. You know, you didn't have to boot the vacated members if you didn't want to. I merely asked for the reason why you keep them for a certain period of time. If you said that you will kick the vacated members as well, then it obviously is more likely to convince our members to do the same, but it's still not a guarantee. I do welcome your decision to boot them though, and it will help us to reach a common solution.

Maybe I can convince them that we can drop at least the members who I don't have a contact to and at the same time have less than 10 million population. Those who promised to come back soon are already in the mentioned group. That would be about 10-12 members we could kick. But I can't make any promises at the moment. It can be done only if the majority of members vote in support for it.(*)
(*) this is a response to the previous statement...personally I hope you keep them, as I am having too much fun, I really do not want this to end yet.

But don't you think it's a better solution to push admin to make the update, listing vacated at the end of a list and not counting them in the alliance member size? Eventually there will be new vacated accounts, and this problem can be permanently solved only if the code is changed!(*)

(*)no, not really, I just want the vacated gone altogether. not showing at the bottom of the list. seriously what difference does it make, at the bottom or at the top? they are still there.



Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Sun May 06, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the spoiler...)
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 49
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Keinutnai on Sun May 06, 2012 9:09 pm

You again didnt answer my question.
So, according to you, who is now in TMI and was before in WR?
avatar
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by kingkongfan1 on Sun May 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Keinutnai wrote:You again didnt answer my question.
So, according to you, who is now in TMI and was before in WR?

I will not accuse you of not reading my post, as I believe you did. however I went back & changed the color of the part of my last post concerning this question to purple so I could be re-read by you...

never mind, I will post it here...


please do not ask as I will not reveal their id's, so that you cannot harass them.

this is the best answer you will get from me, as I will not post names. I will say this much, some have left AW altogether, so technically they really are not presently T.M.I. members.
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 49
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by seaborgium on Mon May 07, 2012 12:41 am

Kenzu i would agree that an update would work, if admin got something done and wasnt running 3 games and had rl work.
So while part ofme wants to say a bit more i from a programers point of view understand it takes a bit.

The vac members thing is the starting point to end the war. Noone ever said it would.
It is t show us that you kenzu are serious about ending the war.

On the wr mmeber thing, i can say kong was there for a war with tie.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Gamniac on Mon May 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Wait, 3 games?
Only one I know of is AW.
Unless you count Test, Main and Red Apocalypse as three separate games, in that case, my bad.

Slightly off-topic, sorry about that.
avatar
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Age : 28
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Paladius on Mon May 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Gamniac wrote:Wait, 3 games?
Only one I know of is AW.
Unless you count Test, Main and Red Apocalypse as three separate games,in that case, my bad.

Slightly off-topic, sorry about that.
Yes, they are counted as 3 seperate games. Well at least as seperate servers.
avatar
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Age : 29
Number of posts : 364
Location : The Dark Abyss
Registration date : 2010-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by seaborgium on Mon May 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Well main and test could 1 since test is a copy of main but with updates.

So 2 different games main and ra

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Paladius on Sat May 12, 2012 7:06 pm

@keinutnai,
The Marauders Imperium has booted 4 vacated/inactive members bringing our member count down from 30 to 26, and I see that World Republic is still showing 60 members. Have you even attempted to try to convince your active members to boot your vacated/inactive members? If so, what was decided upon? if you haven't decided yet,will you announce the decision when it is reached on AW forums?


Please answer what is underlined!
avatar
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Age : 29
Number of posts : 364
Location : The Dark Abyss
Registration date : 2010-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Keinutnai on Sat May 12, 2012 7:44 pm

seaborgium wrote:Kenzu i would agree that an update would work, if admin got something done and wasnt running 3 games and had rl work.
So while part ofme wants to say a bit more i from a programers point of view understand it takes a bit.

The vac members thing is the starting point to end the war. Noone ever said it would.
It is t show us that you kenzu are serious about ending the war.

On the wr mmeber thing, i can say kong was there for a war with tie.

I see only 2. Main and Red Apocalypse. Everything he does on reset is work done towards Main.

Not sure what you mean by "It is t show us that you kenzu are serious about ending the war."
If I sign peace, I keep peace. Does it mean you are afraid that we will sign peace and then start a war against you? It would be a stupid idea to go against an alliance much stronger than us, don't you think?

Look, currently it looks like you don't want peace. There can be peace only if both sides are open to it. We are open to peace, because we are ok signing the peace at any moment. You are not open to peace. So the question isn't if I am serious about peace, it's more a question if you are serious about peace.

Also it would be wrong to assume that you can force your will on us. If you want us to do something, you can discuss the matters with us, or try to convince us. Conversation is a good way to get things done.

Paladius wrote:@keinutnai,
The Marauders Imperium has booted 4 vacated/inactive members bringing our member count down from 30 to 26, and I see that World Republic is still showing 60 members. Have you even attempted to try to convince your active members to boot your vacated/inactive members? If so, what was decided upon? if you haven't decided yet,will you announce the decision when it is reached on AW forums?


Please answer what is underlined!

Of course I have. And I did so before reading your post. You might have noticed I reply slower, it's because of RL, but don't worry. I read everything eventually.

After the vote where WR members rejected the decision to kick all vacated members and after talks with kingkongfan and him releasing 4/6 vacationed members from TMI alliance, we got a vote going on if we should kick at least vacated members who are very unlikely to ever come back (Group of 10-12 members). I wonder what the final results will be. I will come back with the results in about 2 days.

If the most members will be against, then we will not kick a single vacationed member. If the majority will be in favor, then 10-12 vacationed members will leave our ranks.
avatar
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Gamniac on Tue May 15, 2012 6:21 am

Hey, is it just me, or did admin carry over part of the update?
Alliance ranking says WR member count is now 41 (actual count is still 59).
Not that I've been paying any close attention to this or anything...

Vacated members are still at the top of the list, though.
avatar
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Age : 28
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Manleva on Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 am

Well when I look it still shows a member count of 59 so I would have to say that Admin has done nothing.

I can add that there have been a couple of times that I have also thought that the count appeared to be lower than the actual membership. When I have checked again it has always been correct so maybe there's a display bug.
avatar
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Age : 59
Number of posts : 659
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Gamniac on Tue May 15, 2012 10:20 am

Kind of a twitchy bug, then. Just checked, it's back to the old 59.
Bit odd, that. Usually, bugs are more consistent, as in, not switching on and off how- and whenever it bloody well feels like.
Not that I know anything about programming, mind you, so I could be wrong.
avatar
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Age : 28
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by miraniur on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:16 am

I don't know much about it
but I'm in support of solving this issue.

miraniur
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Nomad on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:00 am

Welcome to forums,,,, we are all in support of getting it fixed BTW.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Kenzu on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:18 pm

miraniur wrote:I don't know much about it
but I'm in support of solving this issue.

User permanently banned for spamming and ad on a different thread.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: vacationed memebers

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum