Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limit the 4 h ppts

+5
Gamniac
Keinutnai
Smog
seaborgium
vaga
9 posters

Go down

Limit the 4 h ppts Empty Limit the 4 h ppts

Post by vaga Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:15 pm

You know admin that for a war game this really crapy. How can u have a war with a player if he is always on ppt???
I said and say it again that you should limit the 4 h ppt..
vaga
vaga
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Limit the 4 h ppts Empty Re: Limit the 4 h ppts

Post by seaborgium Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:58 pm

I have said before there needs to be a limit but after a bit more thinking.

If people played a war game and arred. Then it wouldnt be an issue haha

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Smog Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:21 am

Yea admin you could answer to that suggestion.
Smog
Smog
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : Mujengan

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:11 am

vaga wrote:You know admin that for a war game this really crapy. How can u have a war with a player if he is always on ppt???

I second that.

Until previous wars it was bearable, but what pissed me off was to see QUEST staying on protection nonstop FOR OVER 2 WEEKS!

If you can stay on protection for another 1 day per week, that would be ok, with 2 one-day protection and 1 two-days protection, it would allow you to be on protection 5 out of 7 days. That's maximum that should be allowed. I know that test has doubled the cost and duration of the 4 hour protection to 8 hours per 2 Market Reserves, so I suggest the limit should be made of no more than 3 8-hour protections per week.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:14 am

Since kenzu decided to name drop...
Reets
Dox
Daldan

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by vaga Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks for the quick answer admin rendeer
vaga
vaga
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Personally I think that instead of wasting 6 MR to simulate a 24 hour ppt, you'd be better of buying 6*50 ST or 6*100 AT (or any combination thereof).
In the end, it'd be more useful in the long run, but that's just my opinion.
Still, could be QUEST was AFK for two weeks and didn't feel like triggering vacation mode or something, I'll probably never know.

On a side-note: replacing 4 hour ppt for in MR with 8 hour ppt for 2 MR would make things feel a bit clunky, forced and/or inconvenient, IMO.
I use 4 hour on occasion when I'm gone for an evening and don't want to worry about my realm having been blown to bits when I come back. I also trigger it when I'm performing very large transactions (like buying 300k weapons for my army). Forcing me to use 8 hours when 4 hours would (more than) suffice just doesn't feel like the best idea I ever saw, even if it is for balancing issues.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Gamniac wrote:Personally I think that instead of wasting 6 MR to simulate a 24 hour ppt, you'd be better of buying 6*50 ST or 6*100 AT (or any combination thereof).
Still, could be QUEST was AFK for two weeks and didn't feel like triggering vacation mode or something, I'll probably never know.

On a side-note: replacing 4 hour ppt for in MR with 8 hour ppt for 2 MR would make things feel a bit clunky, forced and/or inconvenient, IMO.
I use 4 hour on occasion when I'm gone for an evening and don't want to worry about my realm having been blown to bits when I come back. I also trigger it when I'm performing very large transactions (like buying 300k weapons for my army). Forcing me to use 8 hours when 4 hours would (more than) suffice just doesn't feel like the best idea I ever saw, even if it is for balancing issues.

what I understand from convo's with admin, this is the reasoning behind the possible change to an 8 hr protection, see below...

https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/t2758-unannounced-mr-update
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Keinutnai wrote:
vaga wrote:You know admin that for a war game this really crapy. How can u have a war with a player if he is always on ppt???

I second that.

Until previous wars it was bearable, but what pissed me off was to see QUEST staying on protection nonstop FOR OVER 2 WEEKS!

If you can stay on protection for another 1 day per week, that would be ok, with 2 one-day protection and 1 two-days protection, it would allow you to be on protection 5 out of 7 days. That's maximum that should be allowed. I know that test has doubled the cost and duration of the 4 hour protection to 8 hours per 2 Market Reserves, so I suggest the limit should be made of no more than 3 8-hour protections per week.
Weren't you on protection for most of last week, the week before and the week before that. So I guess when you stay on protection week after week it's okay, but when someone else is on protection it's you get pissed about it. Don't you think that's a little hypocritical?
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Gamniac wrote:Personally I think that instead of wasting 6 MR to simulate a 24 hour ppt, you'd be better of buying 6*50 ST or 6*100 AT (or any combination thereof).

Thats what smog did in the muj vs wr war. And he was able to out hit and farm more them those ppt would have generated.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:03 pm

seaborgium wrote:

Thats what smog did in the muj vs wr war. And he was able to out hit and farm more them those ppt would have generated.

So what I read from that is that, basically, unlimited 4-hours allow for Hit & Run. Nothing new there.
Still a waste of good (potential) bank size, AT and ST.
So yeah, bring on the limiter, I'd say.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by vaga Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Gamniac you are dumb.No offence. U still dont see the point here
vaga
vaga
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Gamniac wrote:
seaborgium wrote:

So what I read from that is that, basically, unlimited 4-hours allow for Hit & Run. Nothing new there.
Still a waste of good (potential) bank size, AT and ST.
So yeah, bring on the limiter, I'd say.

tbh, I guess we need sea to explain a bit, cause I thought he was saying that smog used his MR's for purchasing AT/ST's to be able to "out hit" & "out farm" the players that used MR's for protection. I personally find that MR's are more useful in purchasing AT/ST than using them for protection. tho when you have to be away from the computer for an extended time they are imo preferred over having to vacate.

now to the point at hand, I see & understand everyones reasons for wanting to limit the amount of 4hr protections that one can use at any given time, & have no issue with this course of action. I will have to say tho that I am opposed to the limiting of the number of MR's a player can hold to less than 200. in other words if the plan is to limit the number of MR's a player can have at any given time, then that limit should be at least 200... jmo.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:39 am

vaga wrote:Gamniac you are dumb.No offence. U still dont see the point here

Instead of being a dick, why not try and help someone see the point.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:32 pm

If I may recommend you can do this if you make large transactions:

Example: You want to train and arm 300,000 soldiers with MA.
Calculate how much money you need 522+150 * 300,000 = 202 billion
open multiple tabls
in first tab type in 300000 to train soldiers, but dont confirm
in a 2nd tab type in 300000 to build weapons
in a third tab, type in 202 to withdraw 202 bilion kuwal

Then, within 10 seconds you can withdraw money, build train and deposit the rest if you do it properly in 7 clicks. (You will need only about 2 seconds to spend most of the money on weapons)

Click withdraw, click to change tab to armory, click to build weapons, click to change to training, click training, click to change to bank, click deposit.
A total of 7 clicks.

PS: Make sure to have 0 kuwal when you start, so that it doesnt happen that someone who wants to rob you for 5 billion kuwal will steal 205 billion.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:41 am

What if I made a lot of kuwal in one go, like by being unexpectedly very lucky while farming or by withdrawing kuwal from the global market, and I can't fit it all in my bank?
Paying from bank means some withdrawing first and dumping the haul back, which means I lose some kuwal due to me not being Hualu.
But rapidly running to a kuwal-sink and calculating how many weapons/tech upgrades I can buy within seconds to avoid getting my hard-earned kuwal stolen out from under me doesn't sound all that attractive, either.
That's what 4-hour protection is for, or what I use it for.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:53 pm

It would appear that we have the same convo going on in 2 separate threads.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Will admin say anything?
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:13 am

Keinutnai wrote:Will admin say anything?

I have no clue; as he is your brother kenzu, you should know him better than any of us.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:31 am

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Keinutnai wrote:Will admin say anything?

I have no clue; as he is your brother kenzu, you should know him better than any of us.

We posted 3 different topics, and asked him to reply via the ingame chat, even tho he said he would we still have no response so,,,,,,,,, Maybe you will get lucky.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by vaga Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 pm

WELL admin?????????Nothing to add here?
vaga
vaga
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Now Now Vaga you know he won't answer.
It would hurt the people who have his ear to change what they use to do damage because they can't do it any other way.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by vaga Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Maybe if i say F.U.C.K in here he will read something and answer along with my ban. afro
vaga
vaga
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:30 pm

I bet ya only see ban

seaborgium
2nd in Command