Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgradable airforce units and munition

+2
Manleva
Kenzu
6 posters

Go down

I want to upgrade my 100 Mill generation fighter 1 into 110 Mill generation 2 fighter. Should I be able to do it?

Upgradable airforce units and munition Vote_lcap29%Upgradable airforce units and munition Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Upgradable airforce units and munition Vote_lcap14%Upgradable airforce units and munition Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Upgradable airforce units and munition Vote_lcap0%Upgradable airforce units and munition Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Upgradable airforce units and munition Vote_lcap14%Upgradable airforce units and munition Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Upgradable airforce units and munition Vote_lcap0%Upgradable airforce units and munition Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Upgradable airforce units and munition Empty Upgradable airforce units and munition

Post by Kenzu Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:55 pm

VOTE CANCELING ALLOWED!

Imagine this, over the course of months you:
Build 200 Fighters gen2, then you researched Fighters 3, build 300 of them, then you research Fighters 4 and build another 300 of them.
And you build different types in munitions and other airforce types as well.
Then you look at your starport and it's filled with various generations of units and munitions. This can look very crowded.

Maybe I would like to upgrade all of them to my newest generation?
Maybe I am even ok paying more money to get the upgrades done.

Generation 1 units cost 100,000,000 kuwal
Generation 2 units cost 110,000,000 kuwal

What do you think?

Should there be an update to allow upgrading weapons?
If yes, how much should it cost to upgrade them?
Or should we simply sell them off, and then use this money to build better ones?
If they are sold, how much % should we be able to sell them for?

Please discuss!

Last edited by Kenzu on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Upgradable airforce units and munition Empty Re: Upgradable airforce units and munition

Post by Manleva Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 am

I don't think we need to introduced an additional feature at this time.

My preference would be to use the current mechanisms that are in place which are to sell them and allow others to purchase them from the weapons dealers.

I also think that like weapons we should have the ability to produce some earlier researched generations as we can do with Weapons
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Upgradable airforce units and munition Empty Re: Upgradable airforce units and munition

Post by Nomad Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:04 pm

I personally would rather see the ability to upgrade instead of being forced to sell them at dramatic losses. I would say the cost to upgrade should be the difference in the levels plus 10% of that difference. This means there is a "cost" to upgrade over creating new, but its still much less then the losses that are incurred by selling out of date generations.

If you allow selling of weapons, it should be around 90%,,, and I say this because its not like Strike and Defense. You are bound by hangers so not like you can build unlimited like you can with strike and defense. With limited space it means you will want the best and no other.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 pm

I added 2 poll options and added vote canceling, so you can vote elsewhere if you change your mind.

Upgrade button will sell units/munition for 100% price and use the money to order better units (deducting money which is price difference between the ones you had and the ones you can buy)!

How about upgrading will work this way:
When you click the upgrade button, it will remove the units or munition you want to upgrade and place them on weapon dealers market.
At the same time it will deduct the money you need to upgrade it and place them in production queue for your factories to produce them?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:54 pm

why poll forums? there are about 5 TMI members, you, and maybe 2 others who use forums. You should put up an ingame poll. This limits your responses.

I don't mind your suggestion, but I dont always want to sell to weapon dealers. It also cost you the build time again which I am not against, but don't call it upgrading because its not. Call it what it is, sell old and buying new.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:28 am

Forum polls have no power compared to gamewide surveys. But they are a good way to show what people on forums think.

ok, then it can be called: "replace with new"
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Any idea which way this is going yet?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Why cant it be called upgrade?

If you have the ammo, why cant it be out fitted to mke it modern? Say it cost 60% of the new cost o upgrade existing. To newest tech

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:59 am

Nomad wrote:Any idea which way this is going yet?
not yet, will be redoing the layout of starport page
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamdoom Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:33 pm

It should cost billions, not just 100,000,000
Iamdoom
Iamdoom
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamdoom Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Retract previous statement, I thought you meant UPGRADE cost, not build cost.
Iamdoom
Iamdoom
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:39 am

Well he tried to make it worded as an upgrade when it fact the idea is a sell and buy new. I still think a simple upgrade would be far better as it does not cost you all the build time. That's why I voted for it costing the difference between the 2 levels and then 10% more since you would not have to build from scratch.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down