Spy Weapons

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spy Weapons - Page 2 Empty Re: Spy Weapons

Post by Kenzu on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Nomad wrote:if you build something and get to use it once, and its cost is 10 then each use cost you 10. If it cost 10 but you get to use it twice then the cost per use is 5. If the cost is 10 and you use it 10 times the cost per use is 1.

3 weapon classes have a 1 time use (YES I understand every weapon is not destroyed every battle, but I have stated this example is being done with the account being 0 in all four stats). But 1 weapon class every "use" the cost per use decreases the overall investment.

Kenzu I am not saying there is a right and a wrong here. Not arguing against your idea/system. Just stating I feel industructable weapons are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IDK what the proper word would be here,,,,,,, unimagative? unoriginal? foolish if you will, but thats not meant as an insult or attack.

Its your system, roll with it.

*Edit*
Unrealistic, thats a better word. It does not change gameplay per say, but it effects the smoothness and feel of the game, nothing more.

assassins can use their weapons infinite amount of times, so infinite uses. defenders and attackers use their weapons on average 10 times. spies will also use their weapons infinite times.

Feels unrealistic? Until now you were arguing that it's not because of being unrealisitic but because some classes are at a disadvantage due to the costs. When did the argument change?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:58 am

You either cant or wont see my point. I'm not going to keep arguing it. You have stated its how you want it and do not intend to change it, so lets move on.

How can something that can be sabotaged by used indefinitely? NVM, don't answer that question.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:46 pm

If it doesn't get sabotaged, it can get used indefinitely, whereas attack and defense weapons will get destroyed whenever they face armed defenders/attackers, even if no one sabotages them.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:02 pm

So you admit you made a mistake and mispoke? Therefore causing a contradiction in what you have said in the 2 seperate statements?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Nomad wrote:So you admit you made a mistake and mispoke? Therefore causing a contradiction in what you have said in the 2 seperate statements?

He didnt contradict himself, he just failed to say 'unless sabotaged' In the context he was speaking he was right to say what he said. When asked about it further he clarified what he said. To me that is perfectly reasonable and nothing more can be expected.

Its this sort of niggling and attacking that makes this forum an absolute pain to read. You do not need to attack someone everytime they make a slight mistake in their post.

Its not just you that does it Nomad, but this is just a good example b/c the only reason for your post was to attack someone elses post, AFTER they had clarified themselves.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:38 am

Well it is an outside opinion, and that is welcome. It just irritates me he can't say something correctly the first time, and it leads to misunderstandings. At any rate I think the convo has run its course. Nothing more to add.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:08 am

Alex wrote:
Nomad wrote:So you admit you made a mistake and mispoke? Therefore causing a contradiction in what you have said in the 2 seperate statements?

He didnt contradict himself, he just failed to say 'unless sabotaged' In the context he was speaking he was right to say what he said. When asked about it further he clarified what he said. To me that is perfectly reasonable and nothing more can be expected.

Its this sort of niggling and attacking that makes this forum an absolute pain to read. You do not need to attack someone everytime they make a slight mistake in their post.

Its not just you that does it Nomad, but this is just a good example b/c the only reason for your post was to attack someone elses post, AFTER they had clarified themselves.

-Alex

I'm used to Nomad posting like this. I don't think he does it on purpose to anger someone. It's simply his way of talking.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:30 pm

No I post because you made a mistake. Seems correcting a mistake made by someone else makes you the "bad guy".

@ Martin,,,,,,

You win. I'll do it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Nomad wrote:No I post because you made a mistake. Seems correcting a mistake made by someone else makes you the "bad guy".

@ Martin,,,,,,

You win. I'll do it.

Its not that anyone is the 'bad guy' its just that it seems every discussion had on these forums turns into two or three ppl just pointing out every little mistake and minor inconsistencies, and basically just fighting with each other, and yet you wonder why there are only a handful of people taking part in the discussions.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Guess my questions to you are,,

Would it be better to not show the inconsistancies and not expose when an incorrect statement is made? Is it better to let a false statement be thought true by anyone reading it?

Why can't the person who made the mistake just say "My bad", "Your right", "sorry I mis-spoke", or anything to correct this issue instead of acting like they can do no wrong?

This is spamming the topic so I'll let you reply if you want and then take this to PM, BUT Yes I do see the negativity caused by these discussions, that is why I blocked his forum user account so I would not do these things, and will now follow Martin's advise about his Admin account. I personally don't feel I am wrong, but it doesn't matter as I am the only one who gets hammered if I am right or wrong.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum