Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Alex on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:41 pm

I have permanent SS on main server but I recently bought 100 Days of it for Red Apocalypse. Now my base page on main is showing that it expires at the same time as the RA SS -> "{Supporter Status} Until 17 May 2012" is shown on both servers.

Hopefully its just a display issue, but if this sort of cross-contamination (For lack of a better word) can happen perhaps other things are being affected cross-servers too?

-Alex
avatar
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

-123
Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by kingkongfan1 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:33 pm

As far as I know if you have perm SS on any one game, (main) you have perm SS on all, (main, RA, test) will wait & see what admin has to say on the matter.
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 49
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Nomad on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:43 pm

There is SS on RA?

avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by mental on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:14 pm

When I had an RA account my permanent SS from main was carried over there, Buying a non permanent must have messed up yours Neutral
avatar
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Age : 153
Number of posts : 210
Location : Under my bridge
Registration date : 2010-12-07

View user profile http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by kingkongfan1 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:06 am

Nomad wrote:There is SS on RA?


I dunno really, I do not play RA so I might have stuck my big furry foot in my mouth. lol...
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 49
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Alex on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:34 am

I didn't have SS on RA after I bought main SS which is the reason I bought it on RA.
I'm not sure if I bought the main SS before or after the first time I logged into RA, which might have something to do with it?
(Maybe if you have perm SS on main BEOFRE you first login to RA it carries over, but not if you get main SS AFTER you've logged into RA)

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Nomad wrote:There is SS on RA?


I dunno really, I do not play RA so I might have stuck my big furry foot in my mouth. lol...
The RA SS is only to use the glactic market (And gain extra Market Turns), you can't use it to send or trade resources with others.

Edit: The option to buy 'Special Package' on the Spend gold page has come back, now costing 750 Gold instead of the 1000 I paid for it, which is $5 cheaper (If you buy 5 lots of 50 gold @ $1ea.), which is the amount I paid on RA for SS. (I think it dissapeard after I bought it the first time, not 100% on this.)

-Alex
avatar
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

-123
Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Manleva on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:49 am

We were told that when you purchased SS it would be for all games irrespective of where you brought it. i.e. you only needed to purchase it in one game e.g. for it to apply to all games.

I suspect that your issues may in fact relate to the recent Gold Update. A number of features such as being able to purchase SS for others that were in the old Donation system have disappeared and will be replaced with new Gold based features in the future. The Special Package mentioned above is a feature of the Gold Update and recognizes that the individual has had SS in the past. The Quantity of gold required to purchase SS is reduced depending on how much SS the individual has had in the past. It would appear that the system is seeing your purchase of SS as something that occurred in the past and is now offering SS at the reduced rate rather than recognizing that you have in fact purchased SS.

An alternative may be that the purchasing of SS no longer applies to all games and now only applies to the game in which you purchase it and then offers SS in other games at a discounted amount. If so then this is not something that Admin has communicated. Personally I think you have found a bug in the Gold System.
avatar
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Age : 59
Number of posts : 659
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by kingkongfan1 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Manleva wrote:We were told that when you purchased SS it would be for all games irrespective of where you brought it. i.e. you only needed to purchase it in one game e.g. for it to apply to all games.

I suspect that your issues may in fact relate to the recent Gold Update. A number of features such as being able to purchase SS for others that were in the old Donation system have disappeared and will be replaced with new Gold based features in the future. The Special Package mentioned above is a feature of the Gold Update and recognizes that the individual has had SS in the past. The Quantity of gold required to purchase SS is reduced depending on how much SS the individual has had in the past. It would appear that the system is seeing your purchase of SS as something that occurred in the past and is now offering SS at the reduced rate rather than recognizing that you have in fact purchased SS.

An alternative may be that the purchasing of SS no longer applies to all games and now only applies to the game in which you purchase it and then offers SS in other games at a discounted amount. If so then this is not something that Admin has communicated. Personally I think you have found a bug in the Gold System.

I agree...
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 49
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Alex on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Its a bug in the whole donation system, but I am more concerned about the fact that the servers are affecting each other. I thought they were completely seperate.

As for SS carrying over servers, I wasn't around when RA or Gold were first released, but this puts me in the perspective of a new player. Looking at it from this perspective both servers use completely different donation systems and nowhere on any of the gold/yala/donation/upgrade pages does it mention anything about the other servers. Therefore one would assume there is no cross-server interactions as far as donations are concerned.
The fact my donation on RA has affected my main account makes me wonder if anything else behind the scenes is being affected cross-server, without being immediately apparent.

But as with all bugs we can only guess and speculate until the Admin announces something, and hopefully simply restores my perm SS on main, and stops this from happening to anyone else.

Edit: Also for those that don't play RA it basically has 2 options for SS; $5 for 100 days and $10 for 240 days, like main used to have back in the day.

-Alex
avatar
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

-123
Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:01 am

Alex wrote:Its a bug in the whole donation system, but I am more concerned about the fact that the servers are affecting each other. I thought they were completely seperate.

As for SS carrying over servers, I wasn't around when RA or Gold were first released, but this puts me in the perspective of a new player. Looking at it from this perspective both servers use completely different donation systems and nowhere on any of the gold/yala/donation/upgrade pages does it mention anything about the other servers. Therefore one would assume there is no cross-server interactions as far as donations are concerned.
The fact my donation on RA has affected my main account makes me wonder if anything else behind the scenes is being affected cross-server, without being immediately apparent.

But as with all bugs we can only guess and speculate until the Admin announces something, and hopefully simply restores my perm SS on main, and stops this from happening to anyone else.

Edit: Also for those that don't play RA it basically has 2 options for SS; $5 for 100 days and $10 for 240 days, like main used to have back in the day.

-Alex
part of the reasoning behind the gold update was to split this ss-on-multiple-servers thing
back then I figured it was only fair if you only donated once and got ss everywhere

and I wasn't really ok with letting people get SS for free with logging in simply into RA to get enough yala and then get SS on both servers
You can expect an SS for yala on RA soon I think (at least that used to be kenzu's plan a while ago)

your permanent ss should be restored now

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Alex on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:48 am

I like the system where the servers are completely seperate, I do think yala for SS on RA is a good idea but it doesn't bother me at all to pay for it (its quite cheap).

My main account is still showing an expirary date for SS though.

-Alex
avatar
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

-123
Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Kenzu on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:26 am

There will be SS on RA for 2000 Yala, but it will not activate SS on your account in main.

I support the notion that the games should be separate in the area of SS, however I wouldn't want to have to register two times to play both games for example. I like that I only have to register once and can play both games!
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Alex on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 am

Kenzu wrote:There will be SS on RA for 2000 Yala, but it will not activate SS on your account in main.

I support the notion that the games should be separate in the area of SS, however I wouldn't want to have to register two times to play both games for example. I like that I only have to register once and can play both games!

I agree that the streamlining of registration for the servers is quite a nice thing. I have a question, if someone registered for RA first, would they then have a main account as well, the same way a main user has a RA account when they register. (Not that most would know they have one.)

-Alex
avatar
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

-123
Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Nomad on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:29 pm

My only issue with the 1 registration is it links the accounts and not everyone wants to be linked. To use a different name you have to waste name changes. I have always wondered if the original ID#s matched or not. It would be nice if the first log in offered you the chance to change any information that you wanted to, that way you are not forced to waste limited resources such as name changes and other things such as race changes.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Kenzu on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Nomad wrote:My only issue with the 1 registration is it links the accounts and not everyone wants to be linked. To use a different name you have to waste name changes. I have always wondered if the original ID#s matched or not. It would be nice if the first log in offered you the chance to change any information that you wanted to, that way you are not forced to waste limited resources such as name changes and other things such as race changes.

You get a new name on RA every round. No need to waste any name changes. And on main you are actually supposed to play with the name you have, so the name changes you start with are good enough.

PS: You can also change your ID on RA, so they don't always match.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Alex on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Yeah when you first log into RA you can change both your ID and your name, so there is no need to have any link between servers if you don't want any.

And still showing an expirary date for my main server SS.

-Alex
avatar
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

-123
Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:34 am

ok fixed

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Alex on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:09 am

Thank you! All seems fine now!

-Alex
avatar
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

-123
Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Nomad on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:My only issue with the 1 registration is it links the accounts and not everyone wants to be linked. To use a different name you have to waste name changes. I have always wondered if the original ID#s matched or not. It would be nice if the first log in offered you the chance to change any information that you wanted to, that way you are not forced to waste limited resources such as name changes and other things such as race changes.

You get a new name on RA every round. No need to waste any name changes. And on main you are actually supposed to play with the name you have, so the name changes you start with are good enough.

PS: You can also change your ID on RA, so they don't always match.
Please pay attention and listen to what I said.

On the First login and registration your RA login information is Identical to your main(or vise versa). This means if you want a different identity you have to burn a name change and race change. ONLY at round end/beginning in RA do you get "free" name and race changes. This was the point I was trying to address. Someone starting in RA but wanting a different Identity in main will be forced to burn a race change and name change as well as be forced to keep identical ID#s till rounds end. No idea how this will effect Evolutions if it is ever re-released. Remember this effects all the games, not just RA so don't just think about it in terms of RA alone. Look at it from all aspects of each game seperately.

Or am I mistaken on how first time registrations work now? Because it could have changed.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Alex on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 pm

The first time I logged into RA, which was in the middle of round 5, I got a free name and ID change, as part of the initial set-up of the account.
Then I got the chance to change it again at the start of round 6.

Only if you left that the same initially would you have to burn a name change, as far as I could tell...

-Alex
avatar
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

-123
Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Nomad on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:46 am

Alex wrote:The first time I logged into RA, which was in the middle of round 5, I got a free name and ID change, as part of the initial set-up of the account.
Then I got the chance to change it again at the start of round 6.

Only if you left that the same initially would you have to burn a name change, as far as I could tell...

-Alex
But what if you started playing RA first, then went to main?


Thanks for the clarifications on RA tho!
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Kenzu on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:26 am

Nomad wrote:
Alex wrote:The first time I logged into RA, which was in the middle of round 5, I got a free name and ID change, as part of the initial set-up of the account.
Then I got the chance to change it again at the start of round 6.

Only if you left that the same initially would you have to burn a name change, as far as I could tell...

-Alex
But what if you started playing RA first, then went to main?

Thanks for the clarifications on RA tho!
First of all, players who start playing RA, but do not start playing AW are less than 5% of all registered players. So it concerns only a small fraction of players. Now if they start playing RA first and then move on to main, they can either change their name on main, or wait for the next RA round to change their name on RA. So far there was no one who reported this problem though. I also don't think new players face much risk on main for their actions on RA. First of all old players tend to be much nicer to new players than to veterans, and second of all a new account on main is de facto not massable, at least not massable in the first month of playing. Too little he has to lose at a high price of AT and ST.

So in reality what you suggest will be a disadvantage costing one name change only for people who start playing RA but not AW (5%), who piss off someone on RA that not only wants to mass them, but really masses them on main. I don't think it's that bad. But if you have any suggestions how to get rid of this issue then let us know!
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by seaborgium on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:46 am

close ra would work.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Nomad on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Alex wrote:The first time I logged into RA, which was in the middle of round 5, I got a free name and ID change, as part of the initial set-up of the account.
Then I got the chance to change it again at the start of round 6.

Only if you left that the same initially would you have to burn a name change, as far as I could tell...

-Alex
But what if you started playing RA first, then went to main?

Thanks for the clarifications on RA tho!
First of all, players who start playing RA, but do not start playing AW are less than 5% of all registered players. So it concerns only a small fraction of players. Now if they start playing RA first and then move on to main, they can either change their name on main, or wait for the next RA round to change their name on RA. So far there was no one who reported this problem though. I also don't think new players face much risk on main for their actions on RA. First of all old players tend to be much nicer to new players than to veterans, and second of all a new account on main is de facto not massable, at least not massable in the first month of playing. Too little he has to lose at a high price of AT and ST.

So in reality what you suggest will be a disadvantage costing one name change only for people who start playing RA but not AW (5%), who piss off someone on RA that not only wants to mass them, but really masses them on main. I don't think it's that bad. But if you have any suggestions how to get rid of this issue then let us know!

Well that does explain your mentality. If it does not effect you or only a few people you do not care. Atleast you had the guts to finally admitt there was an issue, even if it is a "small" one by your reasoning. To bad your to short sighted to understand that if the games grow, and with more games being released,,,,that is if Evolutions is "EVER" released again, then the issue multiplies. A simple fix would be a 1st login to any of the games AFTER registration would allow you a fresh start same as RA. All the coding is there, already finished and tested, but yeah I guess the few it effects are not worth the effort.

It amazes me you think losing a name change and race change is nothing. New players do not know or understand the differences in races and abilities. Many players play multiple games with different styles. May be an aggressive farmer in one and a passive trader in another. Therefore they may want a different name to reflect that, and will more then likely definitely want a different race as well.

Anyway the suggestion is there, coding completed, and tested. Its yours to decide now.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Kenzu on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Having the possibility to have a free race change and name change the first time you log in to a game, which is not the game you started playing at sounds reasonable. I support that.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supporter Status no longer shown as permanent.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum