Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why?

+3
buhcoreTheGreat
OCTOBER_17_
kingkongfan1
7 posters

Go down

Why? Empty Why?

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:23 am

5 January

Today, Aderan Wars made a small contribution of 100 Euro to UNICEF, as a sign of support for the great cause that UNICEF fights for. Even small contributions can make a big difference. 100 Euros for example, is enough to purchase 2127 Tetanus vaccinations and can save many lives.

UNICEF, United Nations Children's Fund is an organisation, which has been created to provide emergency food and healthcare to countries devastated by World War II. Currently UNICEF provides humanitarian aid and development assistance to children and mothers in developing countries. UNICEF also provides emergency aid in wartorn countries, such as Libya following the start of the civil war.

UNICEF fights against hunger, for better health care, education of children and also for children's rights, providing food, medical supplies and assisstance wherever needed. The following video shows some of the achievements, which have been accomplished with the help of UNICEF in 2011.

I applaud you, I congratulate you, here is a cookie, a beer, a pat on the back, & an "ataboy"...

you guys did a pretty decent thing here making that donation, but then ya had to go & ruin it by bragging about it...

& don't come back saying you aren't bragging about it, cause I log back in after being on vacation & "BAM!!!" it's right there in my face, I really do not care who or what organization you are donating money to, it's none of my business & I really do not care to read about it...

in the end you guys do whatever you need to to make you sleep better at night, but you really do not need to share it with me...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Why? Empty Re: Why?

Post by OCTOBER_17_ Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:48 am

ya i agree not only did you brag about it once... but AGAIN the next day Razz

anyway im not a fan of unicef

just sayin

OCTOBER_17_
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:38 pm

the donation is very nice but i actually feel like admin wants to encourage people to spend more money on aderan ("for a good cause"). Why i feel this way is because gold update was released at the same time.
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 am

Actually the donation to Unicef should encourage people to make a contribution to society, be it a donation to Unicef, other charity, or a contribution in a different form.

Contributing to the society is not always about money, you can also donate blood or become a volunteer medic for a couple months for example. There are many ways how people can help.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Kenzu wrote:Actually the donation to Unicef should encourage people to make a contribution to society, be it a donation to Unicef, other charity, or a contribution in a different form.

Contributing to the society is not always about money, you can also donate blood or become a volunteer medic for a couple months for example. There are many ways how people can help.

Apparently you mis understood the whole point of my post... I am all for donating whatever you can all the time, money, food, clothing, blood, organs, whatever,

Just don't brag about it! I hate braggarts, they think they are something special cause they gave somebody something, or did something they think they deserve special credit for... you don't see me posting here about all the donating I do, NO you don't cause I am not a braggart...

Charlie Brown said it best; "doing a good deed is like pissing your pants in a dark suit; it gives you a warm feeling but nobody notices"...

donate all you want, I am all for that, just stop bragging about it necromancer...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:donate all you want, I am all for that, just stop bragging about it necromancer...
clearly you misunderstood how the news page works.

news gets added, people see it once, then never again

if on the other hand you want to point out a bug that for some reason you've seen news page twice, may or may not have been caused by vac mode, then it's appreciated. Though atm no clue what caused it because vac mode doesn't do anything with the mark whether or not you've seen the news page
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:28 pm

he is refering to how long it took before his reply I think.

from the 5 to the 16 is 11 days. Rather embarassing when it takes an admin 11 days to notice or respond to a post, atleast in my opinion.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:40 am

Admin wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:donate all you want, I am all for that, just stop bragging about it necromancer...

I understand very well how the "news" page works... I do not see how either you or kenzu making a donation to some charity is "NEWS", imo it is not news, it is one or both of you tooting your own horn..."LOOK WHAT I DID". exactly how is it "news"? exactly how does it affect this game or the way it is played? what exactly makes it IMPORTANT & NEWSWORTHY to me? exactly how does it directly impact this game or my playing it? in this case what you call "NEWS" I call garbage because it has absolutely no impact on this game, or the way I play it... to brag as has been done in this instance is NOT NEWS & NOT WORTHY OF MY ATTENTION

& for the record I was refering to forum admin kenzu taking 11 days to respond to a post...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:29 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:Actually the donation to Unicef should encourage people to make a contribution to society, be it a donation to Unicef, other charity, or a contribution in a different form.

Apparently you mis understood the whole point of my post... I am all for donating whatever you can all the time, money, food, clothing, blood, organs, whatever,

Just don't brag about it! I hate braggarts, they think they are something special cause they gave somebody something, or did something they think they deserve special credit for... you don't see me posting here about all the donating I do, NO you don't cause I am not a braggart...

Charlie Brown said it best; "doing a good deed is like pissing your pants in a dark suit; it gives you a warm feeling but nobody notices"...

donate all you want, I am all for that, just stop bragging about it necromancer...

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion.

Nomad wrote:he is refering to how long it took before his reply I think.

from the 5 to the 16 is 11 days. Rather embarassing when it takes an admin 11 days to notice or respond to a post, atleast in my opinion.

I don't think so.
He wanted to share his opinion that Aderan Wars shouldn't let others know that a donation was made. This was the main point he wanted to make.

Also I am sure that admin noticed the post long time before he posted in this thread. I myself saw the post the day it was made and felt there was no need to reply to it. As you can see my reply was a reply to buhcoreTheGreat and while the post by admin quotes something that king posted in the first post, it could have been prompted by the discussion that ensued, or kings last post.

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Admin wrote:

I understand very well how the "news" page works... I do not see how either you or kenzu making a donation to some charity is "NEWS", imo it is not news, it is one or both of you tooting your own horn..."LOOK WHAT I DID". exactly how is it "news"? exactly how does it affect this game or the way it is played? what exactly makes it IMPORTANT & NEWSWORTHY to me? exactly how does it directly impact this game or my playing it? in this case what you call "NEWS" I call garbage because it has absolutely no impact on this game, or the way I play it... to brag as has been done in this instance is NOT NEWS & NOT WORTHY OF MY ATTENTION

& for the record I was refering to forum admin kenzu taking 11 days to respond to a post...

That's interesting. How did you come up with 11 days?
I see less than 6 days difference. Besides, this is not some kind of bug that we are talking about, and no one was asking a question anyway. We are in the spam section and if there were no replies, it wouldn't be a big deal either. Don't assume that you get a reply if you haven't asked anything.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Nomad wrote:Rather embarassing when it takes an admin 11 days to notice or respond to a post, atleast in my opinion.
posting it in spam section meant he was either not interested in or wasn't expecting a reaction anyway, at least in my opinion
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:Rather embarassing when it takes an admin 11 days to notice or respond to a post, atleast in my opinion.
posting it in spam section meant he was either not interested in or wasn't expecting a reaction anyway, at least in my opinion

I posted it here in the spam section cause if I had posted it anywhere else it would have been moved here anyway, deleted, or moved to that special place that you move posts to where nobody can see them but admin...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 am

you guys are sometimes so funny, but its embarassing that you can't even count.

Post made january 6. Kenzu posts on january 17. Generally most people would consider that 11 days. IDK how you guys see it.

The entire necromancer remark was based on kenzu waiting 11 days to post. I think HE as the PERSON WHO POSTED would KNOW what he said and why he said it, so Kenzu or Admin trying to say it means something else is just stupid. Admin thought it was a bug report but Kong very plainly stated it was about kenzu's post 11 days after creation, and Kenzu's assessment is even further from the meaning then admin's. Yet Martins was more a question and Kenzu's more a statement, both wrong.

want to know what someone means, just ask, dont assume.

Not that hard.

I personally think its great your making so much money you can give it away to a cause, would be nice if some was invested into the game for things which would bolster the game such as coders to help admin as it is apparent he is struggling with the load on him as updates are taking months and years now. A decent set of forums would be nice, and more advertising is always useful. but ultimately its your money and your decision. You set the priorities.

As for not expecting an answer, I happen to fully agree. I dont think he expected an answer, but you responded. Therefore you remove all rights to reply and not be called out for waiting well over a week to do so. If you had something to say, or wanted to say something, you shouldnt get pissy for getting called out for waiting 11 days to do so.

@ admin
Admin wrote:

news gets added, people see it once, then never again

if on the other hand you want to point out a bug that for some reason you've seen news page twice, may or may not have been caused by vac mode, then it's appreciated. Though atm no clue what caused it because vac mode doesn't do anything with the mark whether or not you've seen the news page
This actually should have been directed at oct-17 as he is the ONLY person who suggested seeing the news page twice.

@ "opinions"
That is exactly what this is and is about, and why it was posted in spam, but you can't disregard an opinion when its spot on. No one is against the donation. Many are congradulating you guys for it, but you should expect opinions about it when the game is suffering from shitty forums, lax updates, and the opinion that things done outside the game is not "news" in the game.

Or are you saying any players "opinion" is worth nothing? very little? or what?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:30 am

by buhcoreTheGreat on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:38 pm
by Kenzu on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:35 pm

16-10=6

Is it that hard to count?
My post is a response to buhcoreTheGreat if you haven't noticed.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:21 am

Kenzu wrote:by buhcoreTheGreat on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:38 pm
by Kenzu on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:35 pm

16-10=6

Is it that hard to count?
My post is a response to buhcoreTheGreat if you haven't noticed.

most players would have had the decency to have put @Buhcore, so as to let all know that you were speaking to an individual player, & not responding in general to the topic at hand...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:00 am

he is not most players, nor does he have the "decency" of most people.

And who you reply to matters nothing when the entire conversation is based on the fact it took you 11 days to make a post in a topic, but hey 6 whole days is way better. I guess 1 day shy of a week is pretty decent for an Admin of the forums LOL
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Nomad wrote:he is not most players, nor does he have the "decency" of most people.

And who you reply to matters nothing when the entire conversation is based on the fact it took you 11 days to make a post in a topic, but hey 6 whole days is way better. I guess 1 day shy of a week is pretty decent for an Admin of the forums LOL

Seems you haven't read one of my previous posts carefully enough.

Kenzu wrote:Besides, this is not some kind of bug that we are talking about, and no one was asking a question anyway. We are in the spam section and if there were no replies, it wouldn't be a big deal either. Don't assume that you get a reply if you haven't asked anything.

Nomad wrote:
I personally think its great your making so much money you can give it away to a cause, would be nice if some was invested into the game for things which would bolster the game such as coders to help admin as it is apparent he is struggling with the load on him as updates are taking months and years now. A decent set of forums would be nice, and more advertising is always useful. but ultimately its your money and your decision. You set the priorities.

I'd like to get back to this. What makes you think that we dont spend money on advertising? Do you realise that in most cases when people register to Aderan Wars it's because of advertising? 133 players have registered in the last 30 days. What do you think this was caused by? Most of it was advertising.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:37 pm

It's a pity and says a lot when the Admins would rather post in a spam thread than deal with reported issues / bugs or even acknowledge them when they are posted
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Manleva wrote:It's a pity and says a lot when the Admins would rather post in a spam thread than deal with reported issues / bugs or even acknowledge them when they are posted

LMAO!!! true, so true...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:he is not most players, nor does he have the "decency" of most people.

Seems you haven't read one of my previous posts carefully enough.

Kenzu wrote:Besides, this is not some kind of bug that we are talking about, and no one was asking a question anyway. We are in the spam section and if there were no replies, it wouldn't be a big deal either. Don't assume that you get a reply if you haven't asked anything.

Nomad wrote:

I'd like to get back to this. What makes you think that we dont spend money on advertising? Do you realise that in most cases when people register to Aderan Wars it's because of advertising? 133 players have registered in the last 30 days. What do you think this was caused by? Most of it was advertising.

I do not know how your native toungue works, but in english before you can do "MORE" of something, you have to do some of it already. So as I said, you do advertise, but as your point makes, MORE advertising = MORE players. I never said you didnt/never advertise, you made that jump.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:22 am

100$ won't make much difference considering this years allocated budget on advertising.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:02 pm

so what point are you trying to make Kenzu?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:18 pm

That the benefit the 100$ donation has for the world is higher than the benefit it will have if the 100$ are used to let people know about Aderan Wars. That's all.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:51 pm

fair point.

Same as Kong's
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum