martin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

martin

Post by Mystake on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:10 am

ok martin, reason with me on a even level here.

i realize that you're not the best at scripting otherwise you wouldn't be going around checking logs manually to see what's up. If you were better you'd automate it.

now, i know this is asking a lot but if you take the time to learn to write better scripts then you could essentially take out the need for PTR as you don't want feeding, right?

well feeding is only circumstantial and for the most part is defined by "an account playing exclusively to better another" NOT "one alliance member funding a covert level for another smaller member to help them be more competitive"

Now, I'm going to say take AE out because the game has nearly capped itself out. 300% techs, 7200/8800 cov/spy levels and weapons 13 are pretty much as far as the game is going to go.

if you want the game to continue to progress you need start thinking of ways to make all those bigger techs more accessible.
perhaps its time to rethink your math formulae instead of using some grade 6 crap of "double the cost every 100 levels" or some shitty exponential formula for cov levels.

arent you a math tutor or something too shouldn't you be good at these things?

sorry to call you out so publicly martin but you also know that i know exactly what im talking about and that you probably don't disagree so do it.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Location : Not a comedy club
Registration date : 2011-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by Steveanaya on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:03 am

Keep AE in.
avatar
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Age : 21
Number of posts : 695
Location : Narnia
Registration date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by OCTOBER_17_ on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:59 pm

@mistake whatever happend to the game you martin and i were working on ... i want to say 4 years ish ago? looking back now i find it hilarious that none of us knew how to make cron.php work.

that being said i agree ae needs to go i like limiting the growth of higher players but ae... is not the way to go about it as ... well i dont like it

and the formulas are screwy at best
and instead of ae.... some sort of cap
like not leting you trade for uu if you are at 1/4 the cap
not leting you raid if you are at half the cap





OCTOBER_17_
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by Kenzu on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:56 am

Mystake wrote:ok martin, reason with me on a even level here.

i realize that you're not the best at scripting otherwise you wouldn't be going around checking logs manually to see what's up. If you were better you'd automate it.

now, i know this is asking a lot but if you take the time to learn to write better scripts then you could essentially take out the need for PTR as you don't want feeding, right?

well feeding is only circumstantial and for the most part is defined by "an account playing exclusively to better another" NOT "one alliance member funding a covert level for another smaller member to help them be more competitive"

Now, I'm going to say take AE out because the game has nearly capped itself out. 300% techs, 7200/8800 cov/spy levels and weapons 13 are pretty much as far as the game is going to go.

if you want the game to continue to progress you need start thinking of ways to make all those bigger techs more accessible.
perhaps its time to rethink your math formulae instead of using some grade 6 crap of "double the cost every 100 levels" or some shitty exponential formula for cov levels.

arent you a math tutor or something too shouldn't you be good at these things?

sorry to call you out so publicly martin but you also know that i know exactly what im talking about and that you probably don't disagree so do it.

I'd like to say something.

I think you don't know Aderan Wars players. There is nothing that will stop them researching more. I am sure we will eventually see even 400% tech. And it's possible that in a year many people will be shooting with MLRS at each other.

Oh, and I don't think that AE will go away. It is one of the best ways to give smaller players the possibility to catch up with other players. (Percentage wise)

also on the test server you can see that you can research even much more expensive techs and you dont need 4 trillion kuwal in bank for it. You can upgrade it day by day adding more and more kuwal until you reach the next level.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by mental on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:25 am

MLRS in a year? Nah I'll be on ICBM Launcher's way before that Cool
avatar
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Age : 152
Number of posts : 210
Location : Under my bridge
Registration date : 2010-12-07

View user profile http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by Nomad on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:38 am

OCTOBER_17_ wrote:@mistake whatever happend to the game you martin and i were working on ... i want to say 4 years ish ago? looking back now i find it hilarious that none of us knew how to make cron.php work.

that being said i agree ae needs to go i like limiting the growth of higher players but ae... is not the way to go about it as ... well i dont like it

and the formulas are screwy at best
and instead of ae.... some sort of cap
like not leting you trade for uu if you are at 1/4 the cap
not leting you raid if you are at half the cap

If your going to punish those who actually play and grow, then you best punish those who intentional sell and stay small. Otherwise its just a clone of SGW and so many of us have witnessed the exploitation and abuse of that system.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by Kenzu on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Nomad wrote:
OCTOBER_17_ wrote:@mistake whatever happend to the game you martin and i were working on ... i want to say 4 years ish ago? looking back now i find it hilarious that none of us knew how to make cron.php work.

that being said i agree ae needs to go i like limiting the growth of higher players but ae... is not the way to go about it as ... well i dont like it

and the formulas are screwy at best
and instead of ae.... some sort of cap
like not leting you trade for uu if you are at 1/4 the cap
not leting you raid if you are at half the cap

If your going to punish those who actually play and grow, then you best punish those who intentional sell and stay small. Otherwise its just a clone of SGW and so many of us have witnessed the exploitation and abuse of that system.

So who are those who sell and stay small? Because I believe those you are talking about have reasonable PTR, which means they sold no more than 20% of their own account. Of course if someone had 25% PTR and dropped to -20%, then he sold about 45% of his account but is still legit.

I also don't see why you dont like AE? It seems to be the best system ever invented.
In any case any artificial caps are a pure nonsense.

I see also no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to trade or raid?
Raiding is part of the game, you are already limited by how much you can raid due to ST.
All average sized players can grow practically equally fast if they all buy AT and raid efficiently.
Also, why shouldn't I be allowed to buy UU, if I pay the market price for it?

AE, PTR and the advanced market that AW has defeats sgw and similar games hands down, and we will not suffer the problems sgw has due to these features that AW has. I see no problem the way things are right now.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by buhcoreTheGreat on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:29 pm

The AE is bad because if you're dedicated and good enough to surpass other players you will be slowed down and punished so its easier for the rest to catch you up. I really see no benefits being big.

I have started playing RA recently and i have to admit that i like it much more. I havent explored all the posibilities yet but thats the good thing because you have plenty of choices how to play the game and you can choose a style that suits you the most.
avatar
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?



664
Age : 23
Number of posts : 340
Location : Slovenia
Registration date : 2009-06-20

View user profile http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by Kingofshinobis1 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:36 pm

buhcoreTheGreat wrote:The AE is bad because if you're dedicated and good enough to surpass other players you will be slowed down and punished so its easier for the rest to catch you up. I really see no benefits being big.

There are numerous benefits being big. I think it has already been discussed numerous time that training income units will NEVER make you drop income. So I could be 500mil army size with 450mil farmers (22.5bil natural income). AE at 20% (the lowest) would make that 4.5bil per turn. How can this not be good? Also, being large not only lets you gain a larger income but also be able to protect yourself when attacked far better than someone who is small and has high techs. I know from past experience Razz.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Age : 27
Number of posts : 823
Location : United States
Registration date : 2010-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by buhcoreTheGreat on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:
buhcoreTheGreat wrote:The AE is bad because if you're dedicated and good enough to surpass other players you will be slowed down and punished so its easier for the rest to catch you up. I really see no benefits being big.

There are numerous benefits being big. I think it has already been discussed numerous time that training income units will NEVER make you drop income. So I could be 500mil army size with 450mil farmers (22.5bil natural income). AE at 20% (the lowest) would make that 4.5bil per turn. How can this not be good? Also, being large not only lets you gain a larger income but also be able to protect yourself when attacked far better than someone who is small and has high techs. I know from past experience Razz.

A medium sized player with 100% AE makes 100% income out of his farmers while you make 20% income. Now how can this be any good? Where is the privilege in being big at all? I understand why AE is good for and thats fine with me, but you should also know what makes it bad and incomplete.
avatar
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?



664
Age : 23
Number of posts : 340
Location : Slovenia
Registration date : 2009-06-20

View user profile http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by Nomad on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:
OCTOBER_17_ wrote:@mistake whatever happend to the game you martin and i were working on ... i want to say 4 years ish ago? looking back now i find it hilarious that none of us knew how to make cron.php work.

that being said i agree ae needs to go i like limiting the growth of higher players but ae... is not the way to go about it as ... well i dont like it

and the formulas are screwy at best
and instead of ae.... some sort of cap
like not leting you trade for uu if you are at 1/4 the cap
not leting you raid if you are at half the cap

If your going to punish those who actually play and grow, then you best punish those who intentional sell and stay small. Otherwise its just a clone of SGW and so many of us have witnessed the exploitation and abuse of that system.

So who are those who sell and stay small? Because I believe those you are talking about have reasonable PTR, which means they sold no more than 20% of their own account. Of course if someone had 25% PTR and dropped to -20%, then he sold about 45% of his account but is still legit.

I also don't see why you dont like AE? It seems to be the best system ever invented.
In any case any artificial caps are a pure nonsense.

I see also no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to trade or raid?
Raiding is part of the game, you are already limited by how much you can raid due to ST.
All average sized players can grow practically equally fast if they all buy AT and raid efficiently.
Also, why shouldn't I be allowed to buy UU, if I pay the market price for it?

AE, PTR and the advanced market that AW has defeats sgw and similar games hands down, and we will not suffer the problems sgw has due to these features that AW has. I see no problem the way things are right now.

What part of all this is directed at me? I will respond when you explain.

As for reason to be big, mainly bank capacity, and the option to rebuild from reserves and not having to buy or wait to get resources. Also, as far as income, yes someone at 20% due to AE makes only 20% of their income, but their 20% is still more then your 100%, so overall their income is higher. Higher income means you gain upgrades faster and grow faster.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by buhcoreTheGreat on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:45 pm

You still pay the same amount of kuwal for 1000uus, but you only get 20% out of them while the weaker guy gets 100%, you spend more money and more uus to get less out of them. Its like the bigger you are the harder you have to work to keep on a same level.

My point about AE is that staying in the middle seems like the best deal, AE makes you slow down once you go low enough, and it slows down the game pace, it contradicts to the game, refusing bigger players to grow.

I mean of course noone will sell their uus to lower the AE, every extra penny counts but where's the challenge here? Every new player wants to grow, its natural, but once they grow big enough, do you still think a player is motivated when suddenly AE starts filling up and the income doesnt rise as fast as before, needs to raid more uus than before to continue the pace, i mean where's the fun in that? And you wonder why the game is boring?

All i want to see is a new some sort of rewarding system(of any kind, forget the AE) that would encourage bigger or all players to grow.
You say sgw was bad, i remember you could ascend there, you had something to accomplish, something to strive to, and you were rewarded for it. This is what this game leaks, there are no real challanges.

The reason i'm struggling with this is because i feel this game is falling apart, and noone really cares about it, you barely see a new face in ranks, same old faces everywhere, but kenzu keeps telling how great things that we complain about are, which is obviously not true, not for everyone of us. If all is good then why are there more topics about selling in Cash market than topics in New players introduction?

I went a bit off course here but i had to explain my frustration somewhere Smile
avatar
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?



664
Age : 23
Number of posts : 340
Location : Slovenia
Registration date : 2009-06-20

View user profile http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by kingkongfan1 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Spoiler:
buhcoreTheGreat wrote:You still pay the same amount of kuwal for 1000uus, but you only get 20% out of them while the weaker guy gets 100%, you spend more money and more uus to get less out of them. Its like the bigger you are the harder you have to work to keep on a same level.

My point about AE is that staying in the middle seems like the best deal, AE makes you slow down once you go low enough, and it slows down the game pace, it contradicts to the game, refusing bigger players to grow.

I mean of course noone will sell their uus to lower the AE, every extra penny counts but where's the challenge here? Every new player wants to grow, its natural, but once they grow big enough, do you still think a player is motivated when suddenly AE starts filling up and the income doesnt rise as fast as before, needs to raid more uus than before to continue the pace, i mean where's the fun in that? And you wonder why the game is boring?

All i want to see is a new some sort of rewarding system(of any kind, forget the AE) that would encourage bigger or all players to grow.
You say sgw was bad, i remember you could ascend there, you had something to accomplish, something to strive to, and you were rewarded for it. This is what this game leaks, there are no real challanges.

The reason i'm struggling with this is because i feel this game is falling apart, and noone really cares about it, you barely see a new face in ranks, same old faces everywhere, but kenzu keeps telling how great things that we complain about are, which is obviously not true, not for everyone of us. If all is good then why are there more topics about selling in Cash market than topics in New players introduction?

I went a bit off course here but i had to explain my frustration somewhere Smile

Kong understands your frustration...

Kenzu wrote:
So who are those who sell and stay small? Because I believe those you are talking about have reasonable PTR,

Kong knows several players who regularly sell off their UU to keep their army size down, & only 1 has their PTR in the green...



















avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 49
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by seaborgium on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:16 am

Selling to ingame market keeps you smal and ptr is not affected.....

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: martin

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum