Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starport update

5 posters

Go down

Starport update Empty Starport update

Post by Special Agent 47 Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:33 am

7 November

Starport page has received some display updates, and airforce action will now start updating (after your next airforce construction)
You get shown how many hangars you are missing and which type of aircraft has insufficient of them

Hangars do not YET affect your airforce action, but eventually they will affect both power and aircraft launched on a mission.

To get maximum power for each aircraft/sam you need to arm each unit with at least 10 pieces of munition, having more munition than required will not increase your power. If you have only 5 pieces of munition per aircraft/sam then you will only get only 50% of power for that unit
Power is calculated by adding the power of all units and the power of the munition used in arming them

Changes to this formula are possible and likely

Please explain why you have to carry 10 munitions if only 1 is fired? This makes absolutely no sense.

It is alittle frustrating to be told 1 munition before, and now after building 1,000 to 2,500 of everything you tell me that to have full power I need 10,000 to 25,000 munitions for each. This will definitely hurt SAM sites as well. I'm not asking for it to be changed, just frustrated at a change made last minute after being told 1 munition per previously. All with no explanation.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Starport update Empty Re: Starport update

Post by Special Agent 47 Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:46 am

The display is not correct

Airforce Action 0 Ranked 5

Secondly, is it not going to show up on covert ops? How are you suppose to gauge an enemies AF? Just attack blind and pray?
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:29 am

don't know if this is the right place to put this post or not move it if needed, but...

in test on my starport page I cannot build anymore gen1 weapons or munition so I was going to sell off what I have built but I do not have a sell button to click, there is a place to input how much to sell just no sell button.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:44 am

Now I am getting confused. It's telling me my occupied space is well over my hanger count. But by my reckoning the number of aircraft I have is less than my hanger count - not counting SAMS

However on closer investigation I have found that the hanger count exactly matches the amount of Munitions I have including SAMS.

So the question is What exactly are hangers used for?
There's no tool tip to explain their usage so I naturally assumed that they were for housing your planes.

I could understand if both planes and their munitions were stored there but again the maths don't add up. Also I would expect that a fully armed aircraft would take up 1 slot. Now if SA47's comments are correct about the payload 1 slot would equal 1 aircraft and 10 munitions, unless aircraft grow 10 times bigger when fully armed.

I would also comment that I would not expect to see SAMS housed in a hanger. I would actually expect to see them deployed around the place so that they are ready to do their job with all additional munitions stored in munitions dumps.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:05 am

ok, the part about munitions being counted was a bug

and also if you saw a negative hangar count but no red text saying which units had not enough hangars then that was also obviously a bug => sams somehow got into the adding up bit

you gouge AF by spying, or you ask when you can spy AF:
I need to go to work so I added AF action there, later you can see whole armory
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:00 am

I have a large selection of AF equipment. The problem I am running into is the slow 5 per turn rate of building hangers. Couple that with the fact you can not set preference to what is in the hangers. It is placing all "fighters" in hangers first ignoring the Bombers, and Helicopters. Would be nice if it spread them evenly, but I assume some type of a fix for this is coming. Along with a tweek on the 5 hangers per turn limit as well.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:05 am

Maybe an area to put in % of items.

Fighters: 50%
Bombers: 25%
Helicopters: 25%
Total: 100%

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:31 pm

that would be an idea but it would have to be limited like:
you make a change
it starts applying 4-12 hours later since it takes time to move those things around

otherwise you'd have 1k of each type, and only 1k hangars, then set it depending on what you'd need at that moment

putting them evenly automatically would be an option, probably one i'd prefer more than anything else
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:16 pm

I have to ask.
Is this a game for action or a game for time?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:45 pm

I'll answer that with a question of my own

why would it matter, since you should always have enough hangars for all units hence not even requiring that ability in the first place?
(or more like you'll set it once when you start building your airforce, since you'll know which unit type is most important for you, and then you'll leave it as it is forever)

in that sense I'd be willing to have it be instant, but obviously you can only change it once a week/several days or something
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:56 pm

I am sure in the future you plan on making hangers destructible.
So yes it is very important.

With the current setup you are right, the smart player would have the same number. But once a war breaks out, then they start losing them. They need to work on re ordering what they have since they need them to use them.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:02 pm

which I can totally understand, but it should not be abusable

hence there's only 2 options
limit on instant changes in a certain timeframe
or time interval between changes getting into effect
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:07 pm

I am getting a bit concerned about the time delays your starting to get into the game. Its taking it away from an instant battle.

While I hate getting into instant battle, they do happen. But with the time delays you really can't fight that way.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:48 am

Special Agent 47 wrote:
7 November

Starport page has received some display updates, and airforce action will now start updating (after your next airforce construction)
You get shown how many hangars you are missing and which type of aircraft has insufficient of them

Hangars do not YET affect your airforce action, but eventually they will affect both power and aircraft launched on a mission.

To get maximum power for each aircraft/sam you need to arm each unit with at least 10 pieces of munition, having more munition than required will not increase your power. If you have only 5 pieces of munition per aircraft/sam then you will only get only 50% of power for that unit
Power is calculated by adding the power of all units and the power of the munition used in arming them

Changes to this formula are possible and likely

Please explain why you have to carry 10 munitions if only 1 is fired? This makes absolutely no sense.

Any chance for an answer to the original question that seems to have been completely overlooked or ignored?
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Spoiler:

just a reminder about the missing sell button on the starport page, no rush or anything. thanks...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Special Agent 47 wrote:
Special Agent 47 wrote:Please explain why you have to carry 10 munitions if only 1 is fired? This makes absolutely no sense.

Any chance for an answer to the original question that seems to have been completely overlooked or ignored?
- You need to have 10 munitions in store for maximum airforce Action to be displayed in your stats
- During battle on average each unit will make 1 shot, some will make more some less, some get shot down before shooting anything, but usually you carry more than 1 bomb (sure, you should then also lose the munition even if it wasn't fired but that's just making everything more complicated than necessary)

This is partially a noob-protector

working on order reversal and selling now
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:57 pm

So please clarify two things.

1. Do you lose 1 or 10 munitions when losing a "weapon" (Fighter, bomber, or chopper)

2. How is it a noob-protector?
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:12 am

it would be complicating thing for no reason if you would also be losing munition that hadn't been fired,
or at least the costs for the munitions are setup in a way that you're only meant to lose whatever you shoot (sure, i could decrease the cost, and make that you lose whatever is armed)

So: In AF fights you will only lose whatever munition you SHOOT at the enemy

it's a noob protector in such a way that if you have 1k fighters and no munition you will have 0 action from them. So everyone will know they need to get munition quickly or be certain that the fighters wont do anything.

So there's an incentive for everyone to keep enough munition that your units can engage in several missions a number of times before they become useless (destroyed or out of ammo)
Yes, obviously the real incentive to keep enough ammo SHOULD be that you YOURSELF are meant to keep an eye on these things so that you dont end up with a useless airforce, but that is obviously something many people do not, or will never, realize.

Same thing with the defense strategy, for a number of reasons not everyone keeps it on normal. Hence on test is now an update that will auto set the defense strategy back to normal if you haven't been attacked for 30 minutes.

So basically it makes the system somewhat simpler to understand, if you're explicitly incentivized to keep enough munition on stock.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 am

Admin wrote:
Same thing with the defense strategy, for a number of reasons not everyone keeps it on normal. Hence on test is now an update that will auto set the defense strategy back to normal if you haven't been attacked for 30 minutes.

I got the reasoning for the munitions, and its understandable. Please talk a little more on the above quoted. It appears the game is going to change your AF defensive status automatically when your not around?
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:35 am

Special Agent 47 wrote:
Admin wrote:

I got the reasoning for the munitions, and its understandable. Please talk a little more on the above quoted. It appears the game is going to change your AF defensive status automatically when your not around?
defense strategy the one you set in armory only for assault mission
it should always be on normal as explained in the tooltip

some people dont keep it on normal, despite it being a very stupid idea, anyway. so this will automatically change it back after a short time
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:20 am

I understand now.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47