Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AF tech/research discussion

Go down

AF tech/research discussion Empty AF tech/research discussion

Post by Special Agent 47 Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:00 pm

The new tech/research for AF has an interesting twist not seen in AW before. I would like to open a discussion on it for player feedback. Presently you have 4 techs that can be improved. SAM systems, Fighter planes, Bombers, and Helicopters. You start with first generation and have 0.

For 50 bill you can advance them.

The interesting part is you can "invest" in these techs. Meaning you can pay in as little or as large an amount over time. This makes it easier on players as it removes the need for a bank.

After the 50 bill is paid in full you go to 100,000 on the current system, which I can only assume is the power/strength level. Some clarification from Admin would be nice. It also names the next upgrade

SAM Systems get SAM missiles
Fighters get air to air missiles
Bombers get guided bombs
Helicopters get guided missiles

The next upgrade is another 50 bill and nets you

Sam Systems are now 100,000 with 10,000 missiles with next upgrade costing 50 bill named camouflage paint job
Fighters are 100,000 with 10,000 missiles and next upgrade is 50 bill named aluminum alloys
Bombers are 100,000 with 10,000 bombs and next upgrade is 50 bill named flares
Helicopters are 1000,000 with 10,000 missiles next upgrade is 50 bill and named twin engines

My two points I would like to ask are what exactly do the numbers mean? 100,000 and 10,000?
Why are the upgrades the same cost at 50 bill?
Is this new "investment" system a wise move? What Pros and cons do you see, and are there more issues others may see and want answers too?

***EDIT***

Seems I spoke to soon as the next round of upgrades make some significant changes. The upgrade amount jumps to 250 bill each and all list as 2nd Generation SAM's, Fighters, Bombers, and Helicopters. Purchasing these improves the first number from 100,000 to 132,000 while the second remains at 10,000. new descriptions are,,
SAM Systems have missile speed of mach 2.8
Fighters have missile speed of mach 2.4
Bombers and Helicopters have better homing
All the next upgrades are 250 bill each.

So an explanation of the numbers would be appreciated.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down