Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New round of updates

+6
StarWolf
Manleva
Smog
seaborgium
Special Agent 47
Admin
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New round of updates - Page 2 Empty Re: New round of updates

Post by Special Agent 47 Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:39 am

Admin wrote:
Hualu has technically 4 x 3% = 12% discount. But since generally you also bank the kuwal before getting the expensive upgrades, then in effect you also save the 2% on banking, so actually you would tend to have a 4 x 5% = 20%.
How and why did it go from 4 X 3% to 4 X 5% just because of banking? I think I have missed something there.

the colors have been on main too for quite some time now, I cannot remember exactly but it's been a few/several months definitely.
Then how is it that even right now with main in one tab, and test in another, the color patterns are as I described? It can't be a browser issue?

however if you think there's issues about seeing any particular section in the infobar then let me know which ones are hard to make out exactly, because as of right now, test and main have identical colors as far as i know
, and please make all the colors so you can see them at the very least.
The purple color in the covert turns is nearly impossible to read, but it may be my PC or my eyesight as well. There is just no contrast to be able to make out the numbers.

and I do agree that overall there should be a plain color view in the settings
Thank You, can we make this happen then?

EDIT: about the colors, could it be that you have your infobar on the left side instead of the top?
because I just checked and on main the left side is white, while top has been colored for a while now.
Info bar is on top, and I every ever display option turned off.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:12 am

I have a white menu too.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:33 am

Nomad wrote:Manleva it makes better sense now but 1 thing still eludes me. If borrow and lend both me the same thing, what term is used when you are the one giving the money and collecting the interest?

Not 100% sure what you are getting at here But I suspect that it's because I but Borrow and Lend together. in your question the answer would be a Bank, Money Lender, Loan Shark etc. Borrow and Lend are the opposite sides of the same transaction, think of a Mortgage, you borrow the money and the Bank Lends it.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:03 am

Current construction project: High Tech Research Center

Theres no building called that, while I know which one it is, seems kinda odd.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:02 pm

I suggest a black and white infobar as an option for both left and top infobars.

Lend and borrow have opposite meanings.
When you lend money, you are giving it to someone, when you borrow you gain it from someone. In my previous post I meant borrow, not lend. I must have written the other word by mistake.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:05 pm

seaborgium wrote:Current construction project: High Tech Research Center

Theres no building called that, while I know which one it is, seems kinda odd.
research 2 and 3 had advanced and high tech before, display issue, should be fixed now (obviously only for those who'll now start building it), the right building should always get built though

Special Agent 47 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hualu has technically 4 x 3% = 12% discount. But since generally you also bank the kuwal before getting the expensive upgrades, then in effect you also save the 2% on banking, so actually you would tend to have a 4 x 5% = 20%.
How and why did it go from 4 X 3% to 4 X 5% just because of banking? I think I have missed something there.
normally non hualu players have to bank those 900 bil to get that kuwal together, means they pay bank fees for those 900 bil, making it cost them not 900 bil but 918 bil

the colors have been on main too for quite some time now, I cannot remember exactly but it's been a few/several months definitely.
Then how is it that even right now with main in one tab, and test in another, the color patterns are as I described? It can't be a browser issue?
ah just checked it out in detail, coding difference, occassionally when I update stuff, I redo stuff that's already in the game to make it more efficient, it's a tl;dr story

however if you think there's issues about seeing any particular section in the infobar then let me know which ones are hard to make out exactly, because as of right now, test and main have identical colors as far as i know
, and please make all the colors so you can see them at the very least.
The purple color in the covert turns is nearly impossible to read, but it may be my PC or my eyesight as well. There is just no contrast to be able to make out the numbers.
ty

and I do agree that overall there should be a plain color view in the settings
Thank You, can we make this happen then?
yes

EDIT: about the colors, could it be that you have your infobar on the left side instead of the top?
because I just checked and on main the left side is white, while top has been colored for a while now.
Info bar is on top, and I every ever display option turned off.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Admin wrote:the colors have been on main too for quite some time now, I cannot remember exactly but it's been a few/several months definitely.
ah just checked it out in detail, coding difference, occassionally when I update stuff, I redo stuff that's already in the game to make it more efficient, it's a tl;dr story

It still does not explain why its still happening to some,,,, does it? What is a "tl;dr story"? I assume it was a typo?
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:55 am

Admin wrote:About hualu bonus. Well now when you look at the bonuses on main, you'll notice (let's simply compare daning and hualu):
Daning 20% to weapons research
Hualu 3% to all research

Now if daning didn't have to bank on any upgrade anymore, it would make hualu bonus much weaker, hence increasing it to 4% or maybe even 5% would be a reasonable step.

You guys are making it so people don't have to bank to get the levels. So that now makes the bonuses uneven there.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 am

Special Agent 47 wrote:
Admin wrote:the colors have been on main too for quite some time now, I cannot remember exactly but it's been a few/several months definitely.

It still does not explain why its still happening to some,,,, does it? What is a "tl;dr story"? I assume it was a typo?

tl;dr = Too long didn't read
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:25 am

seaborgium wrote:You guys are making it so people don't have to bank to get the levels. So that now makes the bonuses uneven there.
hence the part about me saying hualu will get buffed somewhat, either by having tech bonus increase, or bank fee increased or both or whatever

Special Agent 47 wrote:

it happens either to everyone or no one, just that mostly no one noticed because those that have the infobar on top also have the images turned on, and it's more of a mistake on my part which I didn't notice that the text without images is all white
as mental explained, tl;dr (too long, didn't read) means i'd write half a page as to why, who and where, and it wouldn't really help
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:41 pm

So if I turn the images on in "main" the colors will appear?

If so why is it that I have turned the images in "test" off and the colors still appears?

As long as in main when updates hit I do not have to see the rainbow effect I am fine with it. That's all I want.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Special Agent 47 wrote:So if I turn the images on in "main" the colors will appear?

If so why is it that I have turned the images in "test" off and the colors still appears?
That's the tl;dr part, where I occassionally redo something to appear the same to the user but the underlying code is different, it's more of a mistake that you see it white without the images than you seeing it in color on test

As long as in main when updates hit I do not have to see the rainbow effect I am fine with it. That's all I want.
that's the plan
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Special Agent 47 wrote:So if I turn the images on in "main" the colors will appear?

That's the tl;dr part, where I occassionally redo something to appear the same to the user but the underlying code is different, it's more of a mistake that you see it white without the images than you seeing it in color on test

that's the plan

Thank You Martin.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:02 am

An Important Question for Admin

So far the updates that have been released into the test server have given us some interesting options to investigate, We have raised some questions about what has been released and found a few bugs and all appears now to be working correctly.

The big question now is how far away is it before we see the combat side of the Airforce update released into the Test Server?
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:25 am

A few days?
Fighting isn't just the button, it's calculations, different missions, reports, some of it sometimes making me to go back and revisit old things

It'll be released in a rough, although working, state where the final numbers (stuff killed per mission, turn cost, etc.) will be up for discussion and modification
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:02 am

Thanks Admin.

My concern was around the possibilities that if there was to much delay the we could get into a situation where to much research had been done and we may then miss some issues that would not appear until after implementation.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:04 pm

well it's not really important if you're at level 1 fighters or level 3.
tbh it's actually more useful if people have units and munition from several levels if possible
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Admin wrote:well it's not really important if you're at level 1 fighters or level 3.
tbh it's actually more useful if people have units and munition from several levels if possible

Is there an upper limit to AF weapon levels/tech?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Max level is 5

admin if you want people to have all different levels you may want to add a way for players to buy older techs.
I know as I upgraded mine I have maxed everything.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:19 pm

I can help test im barely at lvl2 everything
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:04 pm

There are 6 levels. The units cost at each level:
100.000.000 Gen1 (100 power)
120.000.000 Gen2
140.000.000 Gen3
160.000.000 Gen4
180.000.000 Gen5
200.000.000 Gen6 (300 power) Making it 50% more efficient than Gen1

Also there will be following missions for the airforce:

Mission 1:
Airforce attacks enemy airforce, SAMs and hangars
You attack with Fighters and Helicopters
Enemy defends with Fighters and Sams

Mission 2:
You attack with Fighters and Bombers

Mission 3:
Airforce attacks enemy SAMs and ground forces (killing enemy soldiers with weapons if defender has no remaining SAMs)

Mission 4:
Airforce attacks enemy training facilities and weapon factories (military buildings of the ground forces)

Mission 5:
Airforce attacks enemy aircaft factories, SAM factories and munition factories (military buildings of the air defense forces)

Mission 6:
Airforce attacks enemy infrastructure causing a temporary income decrease if all defending SAMs have been destroyed
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Was there a mistake?
Mission 1 and 2 have the same discription
"Airforce attacks enemy airforce"
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Kenzu wrote:There are 6 levels. The units cost at each level:
100.000.000 Gen1 (100 power)
120.000.000 Gen2
140.000.000 Gen3
160.000.000 Gen4
180.000.000 Gen5
200.000.000 Gen6 (300 power) Making it 50% more efficient than Gen1

What about the munitions and the fact that to be used then you must invest the same cost for each generation.
Also missing is any information on research, both it's costs and the fact that there are additional research steps that don't at this time do anything

Also there will be following missions for the airforce:

Mission 1:

Since when has it been a feature that fighters and helicopters will be able to attack buildings?

Mission 2:

Mission 3:
Airforce attacks enemy SAMs and ground forces (killing enemy soldiers with weapons if defender has no remaining SAMs)

Mission 4:
Airforce attacks enemy training facilities and weapon factories (military buildings of the ground forces)

Mission 5:
Airforce attacks enemy aircaft factories, SAM factories and munition factories (military buildings of the air defense forces)

Mission 6:
Airforce attacks enemy infrastructure causing a temporary income decrease if all defending SAMs have been destroyed

It is nice to see what is coming up but it would be better to stick to the facts until all features have been fully tested. So far there have only been two attacks released

1. Attack Ground Forces - Attackers Fighters and Helicopters against Defenders SAMS and Fighters and Targeting Defenders Weapons

2. Attack Training Facilities/Factories - Attackers Fighters and Bombers against Defenders SAMS and Fighters Targeting Training Facilities, Weapons Factories, SAM Factories, Aircraft Factories and Munition Factories

So far neither of these match the missions listed above. The whole implementation at this time appears to be very disjointed with us seeing one thing while being told another and there is to much missing to be able to do any worthwhile testing. There is currently no covert action that results in showing anything other than total Airforce action which means we cannot see the relevant information on which we can make any decisions on missions.

About all I can really say it that the implementation is extremely costly and will do nothing more than leave small and new account open to attacks from which they cannot defend themselves. It looks very much like a shiny new toy for the big accounts and little else.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Manleva wrote: The whole implementation at this time appears to be very disjointed with us seeing one thing while being told another and there is to much missing to be able to do any worthwhile testing. There is currently no covert action that results in showing anything other than total Airforce action which means we cannot see the relevant information on which we can make any decisions on missions.

About all I can really say it that the implementation is extremely costly and will do nothing more than leave small and new account open to attacks from which they cannot defend themselves. It looks very much like a shiny new toy for the big accounts and little else.

I would think you would be use to it by now. After all it is Kenzu's calling card and how he works. Martin doesn't seem to mind how he works since he remains silent and continues to allow Kenzu to do as he pleases in a game thats not his.

Great ponts you bring up Manleva, hopefully you will get some type of a response. Tho I am sure it will not be the one you want.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:17 am

If you can assault small accounts with big accounts already, why wouldn't you be allowed to use airforce too?

Massing small accounts no matter if you use ground forces or airforce is almost always a waste of AT and ST.

Nomad wrote:Was there a mistake?
Mission 1 and 2 have the same discription
"Airforce attacks enemy airforce"

It's correct. Difference is if you send helicopters or bombers to do the job.

helicopters target aircraft which are still located in hangars, destroying both aircraft and hangar together.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next