Pm's

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pm's

Post by Steveanaya on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:49 pm

"You are disabled from sending private messages"

I got this when I tried to send a message to vaga.

Also, my "new events in your realm" are completely gone. It just says "user info" at the top of my base page.

Are these bugs or did I perhaps do something wrong?
avatar
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Age : 21
Number of posts : 695
Location : Narnia
Registration date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:13 pm

no bug, you're the only one affected

I figured you dont need your recent events display
plus just to make sure that you dont start pm spam I disabled that aswell

weird punishment? maybe
even weirder behavior on your part? definitely
dont fin abuse functions because you feel like it only so you annoy a whole bunch of people

you will maybe get everything back on wednesday once I roll out some changes


edit: you should have your pm permission back now, I figure you are smart enough not to spam other people anymore

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Steveanaya on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Wait what rule did I break??
avatar
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Age : 21
Number of posts : 695
Location : Narnia
Registration date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Steveanaya wrote:Wait what rule did I break??
You actually think your behavior was ok or smart?

If you say yes, then I'll gladly quote you specific rule #3 and think my own stuff about you.
If you say no then I dont even get why you're asking.

or simply explain to me why you did it, and if you can justify it with the purpose of that feature then I'll give you access to the recent events tab too again

this post was actually so hard to write without the use of certain language, that you even have the guts to ask for what rule got broken.

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Steveanaya on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:06 am

It is a war strategy to block past events. It confuses the enemy.

I did it against mujengan when I was with TIE.

Keinutnai did it too. Is he getting his privileges taken away too?

avatar
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Age : 21
Number of posts : 695
Location : Narnia
Registration date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:25 am

No it doesn't confuse anyone since the other events dont disappear.
All you're doing is spamming server requests with something that takes a fair amount of work to process.

Did anyone bother reporting it?

If you tell me when he did it and I'll find it in the logs then he will, for twice as long as you will have it blocked.

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Steveanaya on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:31 am

I can't tell you when he did it because I dont have the ability to see (you removed that ability)

It was around the same time I did it.

Nobody reported it because it wasnt cheating or anything
avatar
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Age : 21
Number of posts : 695
Location : Narnia
Registration date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Steveanaya on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:41 am

The other events disappear for me
avatar
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Age : 21
Number of posts : 695
Location : Narnia
Registration date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:42 am

Steveanaya wrote:I can't tell you when he did it because I dont have the ability to see (you removed that ability)

It was around the same time I did it.

Nobody reported it because it wasnt cheating or anything
in the last 10 days, the function has been used 88 times.
30 times by you, 40 times by other people from muj, the rest by other people
kenzu hasn't used it even once.


unless of course you mean that thing where you spam ONLY ONE PERSON instead a whole alliance
in which case I would like to know again what you wanted to achieve by it, you weren't even attacking anyone or anything, looks to me simply like rage spam

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Nomad on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:21 am

What "function"?

So everyone else can know what "not" to do.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Steveanaya on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:24 am

Perhaps kenzu only did it to me.

When I get too many notices I can't see my old ones. SO spamming is a strategy to confuse the enemy.

I never knew it was illegal.

And thanks for giving me my privileges back:)
avatar
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Age : 21
Number of posts : 695
Location : Narnia
Registration date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Nomad wrote:What "function"?

So everyone else can know what "not" to do.
people tend to spam the relation function on the person they attack as steve explained
Ok I can live with that, not really the purpose of it but I can't do much against it, plus there's always only 1 target

steve went and spammed the Alliance Relation button, which kinda ticked me off.
so that shouldn't be an issue anymore since it's not possible to use that button more than once per day

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Kenzu on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:What "function"?

So everyone else can know what "not" to do.
people tend to spam the relation function on the person they attack as steve explained
Ok I can live with that, not really the purpose of it but I can't do much against it, plus there's always only 1 target

steve went and spammed the Alliance Relation button, which kinda ticked me off.
so that shouldn't be an issue anymore since it's not possible to use that button more than once per day

I believe spamming should be punished. Even if it's done against one target.
Now if someone changes relation to a person 3 times within a day that doesn't constitute to spamming. But I believe if someone does it 10 times, he should be punished for it.

Also, it doesn't make the game look good if a player is allowed to spam the system in such a way.

Using the relations button to spam is not a strategy. It's useless, as anyone can scroll down to see what happened before. The only thing which it is, is annoying.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Mystake on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:43 pm

At this point, you're actually worried about how the game looks?


I'll give you a hint,

"abandoned" sounds about right

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Location : Not a comedy club
Registration date : 2011-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Steveanaya on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:59 pm

You can?!

I can't. I guess I'm at a disadvantage when I use mobile.
avatar
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Age : 21
Number of posts : 695
Location : Narnia
Registration date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Nomad on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Well it needs to be made clear, because there are MULTIPLE things ingame now that almost EVERY player who has voiced an opinion feels is an exploit but Admin has said its "OK".

So punishing a player for being the first to use an allowable ingame feature is bad Admining. If something happens you as admin do not agree with then make it known and go on from there or better yet remove it from the game.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:10 pm

sorry for thinking there's anyone who thinks spamming is ok, but I do take your point, hence why I returned everything back yesterday already

plus he said kenzu did it too, I checked now again and after asking him, and the logs actually show that steve did it first. That's kind of a serious detail he missed out to mention, since that was part of his justification. That obviously goes down the drain if he was the first one to use it (be it alliance wide spam or single player spam)

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Steveanaya on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 pm

So when people abused the baseO bug did you just punish the first person?
avatar
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Age : 21
Number of posts : 695
Location : Narnia
Registration date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Steveanaya wrote:So when people abused the baseO bug did you just punish the first person?
I punished all who didn't report it

you done now?
plus as i said, you're the only one who spammed a whole alliance.
kenzu only spammed you afterwards, and only you

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Steveanaya on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Admin wrote:
Steveanaya wrote:So when people abused the baseO bug did you just punish the first person?
I punished all who didn't report it

you done now?
plus as i said, you're the only one who spammed a whole alliance.
kenzu only spammed you afterwards, and only you

admin wrote:sorry for thinking there's anyone who thinks spamming is ok

I've been done
avatar
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Age : 21
Number of posts : 695
Location : Narnia
Registration date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:09 am

2 last things:
You said you can't see scrollbar when you have too many events? please let me know in detail, because you should see a scrollbar on the side once there's more than 14-15 notices. zoom in or something or send me a picture of how the screen looks like

second, because apparently this might look like i'm defending kenzu (not that it matters because I clearly always defend kenzu over everyone else no matter the situation and saying I dont always defend him in every single case is ridiculous[/sarcasm]):
Spoiler:
steve spammed a whole alliance
kenzu didn't

steve said kenzu did it too, using this as a justification as to why he did it, means he implied kenzu did it first
kenzu didn't do it first

kenzu told me about it
steve didn't

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by seaborgium on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:29 am

On my cell phone I can't see scroll bars.
No the game isn't the only place that I have this issue.
From my quick read it should work however it may just be the browser i am using.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Manleva on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:52 am

I find this to be a very interesting situation. On on side we have the opinion that this is spam and nothing more and completely forgotten is the fact that this has happened in a War situation.

It could be reasoned that this would be acceptable because it is causing some confusion and hindering communication which if fact would be a good tactic.

Personally I would have said that if it happened during normal play then it would be a form of spam however during War it should be an acceptable tactic. It's not as though anything unacceptable in content has been sent to anyone as all of the messages are system generated.
avatar
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Age : 59
Number of posts : 659
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:36 pm

well it's still a weird tactic, although now I partially understand where steve came from. I could always see the scrollbar, hence I couldn't even imagine what purpose could spamming serve, since as kenzu pointed out, if you see a ton of events with a scrollbar you'll scroll through it anyway.

he didn't see a scrollbar, his reasoning that spamming might remove other events from being show has merit.
I rarely log in with my phone and never did I have in those cases enough events for me to think I should see a scrollbar.

If he had known there is one, he most likely would have never bothered spamming in the first place. It's a weird situation, so I am glad I did not go too much overboard with this and if I had known what I know now, then I probably wouldn't have done anything to him.
(though if he would have intentionally wanted to remove events then again, another story...)

i'll be looking into this scrollbar issue, maybe i can do something on my end. since it is kind of a big deal

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:17 pm

I should have an idea how to do something with javascript, i'll play around and come back with some results

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pm's

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum