forum access issue

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

forum access issue

Post by Nomad on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:53 am

Information

You haven't got the rights to access this page




The above is what I get when I attempt to post in the game down thread
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Manleva on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:15 am

Had the same issue when I wanted to edit my post to add more information
avatar
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Age : 59
Number of posts : 659
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:55 am

I had this issue a while ago in suggestion or bug section, couldn't post a reply for like a day or two

Never had that issue again and no clue how to fix it. Don't think even using a different browser helped

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by mental on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:58 am

I get this about 80% of the time when I try and post in the game down topic too, Ah well stuff happens Cool
avatar
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Age : 153
Number of posts : 210
Location : Under my bridge
Registration date : 2010-12-07

View user profile http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by kingkongfan1 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:43 pm

I post 1 post today, went to post a 2nd & got this same response, got it 3 times before I quit trying to post ...
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 50
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Kenzu on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:15 am

This issue happens only if you post a link to aderan wars!
I think it's because forumotion is blocking links to Aderan Wars on purpose!
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Kenzu on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:15 am

aderanwars.com
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by kingkongfan1 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Kenzu wrote:This issue happens only if you post a link to aderan wars!
I think it's because forumotion is blocking links to Aderan Wars on purpose!

that is exactly what I was trying to do, thanks for the info...
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 50
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by mental on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:55 pm

It's a general forumotion problem never seen a solution to it either.
ETA: Other then installing a better forum that is.
avatar
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Age : 153
Number of posts : 210
Location : Under my bridge
Registration date : 2010-12-07

View user profile http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Nomad on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:34 pm

well that will be a cold day in hell and over Kenzu's dead body before we get new forums.


and it also has something else involved. The issues that struck me have nothing to do with posting aderan wars links.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Kenzu on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:43 pm

I am not against new forums. In fact, I don't mind changing to new forums as long as we can ensure that they are hosted on a different server than the game to ensure accessibility especially during possible game downtimes.

The pagerank the forum can achieve in search engines also plays a role though.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Nomad on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:34 am

Kenzu wrote:I am not against new forums. In fact, I don't mind changing to new forums as long as we can ensure that they are hosted on a different server than the game to ensure accessibility especially during possible game downtimes.

The pagerank the forum can achieve in search engines also plays a role though.

Then why have you been so against any move whatso ever? We been asking fo some type of change for over 2 yrs now, and you are the only person who can do anything so its obvious you dont want the move. You have given multiple reason why we should NOT move for any reason.


(When I say you, I mean forum admin and the only person with the power to actually do something of that nature, no player can change forums)
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Kenzu on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:I am not against new forums. In fact, I don't mind changing to new forums as long as we can ensure that they are hosted on a different server than the game to ensure accessibility especially during possible game downtimes.

The pagerank the forum can achieve in search engines also plays a role though.

Then why have you been so against any move whatso ever? We been asking fo some type of change for over 2 yrs now, and you are the only person who can do anything so its obvious you dont want the move. You have given multiple reason why we should NOT move for any reason.


(When I say you, I mean forum admin and the only person with the power to actually do something of that nature, no player can change forums)

Sure, some people wanted to switch to a new forum, while at the same time others didn't want to. As it is now, vast majority of people are ok with these forums and there are more pressing issues atm than the forum.
And don't make it sound like there was a group of people asking for changes in the forum for 2 years. That's not true. There were some 2-3 suggestions how to improve forums since the beginning of the game, however a proper discussion whether we should change to another forum started only last year. That particular forum that was suggested was not a good choice, as it was located on the same server as the game. I was looking for other forum options, and out of all forum providers, forumotion seems to offer the best service atm. The only possible alternative I see right now is switching to a forum we own ourselves, which we will host on a different server than the game. This is however not a priority right now.

The main priorities are to release the airforce and to release updates that prepare the game for cost-efficient growth.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by kingkongfan1 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:I am not against new forums. In fact, I don't mind changing to new forums as long as we can ensure that they are hosted on a different server than the game to ensure accessibility especially during possible game downtimes.

The pagerank the forum can achieve in search engines also plays a role though.

Then why have you been so against any move whatso ever? We been asking fo some type of change for over 2 yrs now, and you are the only person who can do anything so its obvious you dont want the move. You have given multiple reason why we should NOT move for any reason.


(When I say you, I mean forum admin and the only person with the power to actually do something of that nature, no player can change forums)

Sure, some people wanted to switch to a new forum, while at the same time others didn't want to. As it is now, vast majority of people are ok with these forums and there are more pressing issues atm than the forum.
And don't make it sound like there was a group of people asking for changes in the forum for 2 years. That's not true. There were some 2-3 suggestions how to improve forums since the beginning of the game, however a proper discussion whether we should change to another forum started only last year. That particular forum that was suggested was not a good choice, as it was located on the same server as the game. I was looking for other forum options, and out of all forum providers, forumotion seems to offer the best service atm. The only possible alternative I see right now is switching to a forum we own ourselves, which we will host on a different server than the game. This is however not a priority right now.

The main priorities are to release the airforce and to release updates that prepare the game for cost-efficient growth.

in response to the part in red... I have been "playing" this game for 2 years now, & there HAS been discussion on moving these forums this whole time, (2 years), also there is a poll in these very forums where the vast majority of players (a group) voted to move to a new set of forums... (any player with 1 eye & half a brain can go back thru these forums & see the "TRUTH" of the situation)...
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 50
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Nomad on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 am

Kenzu, I'm not going to argue all the BS you just tried to sell, anyone can see for themselves. Its kind of obvious from your own words that even a year isnt that important to you.

Main thing is, there is an extremely small forum user base, and it is shrinking, not growing, and the "few" who searched for a better forum have been shut down time and time again.

So if at some point in time you decide that a decent set of forums is worth the time just let us know. No sense in us telling you for the 15th or 20th time that we feel its worth the time and effort.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Kenzu on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:26 am

@Nomad
So what's your suggestion on where the forum should be located?

@kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:I am not against new forums. In fact, I don't mind changing to new forums as long as we can ensure that they are hosted on a different server than the game to ensure accessibility especially during possible game downtimes.

The pagerank the forum can achieve in search engines also plays a role though.

Then why have you been so against any move whatso ever? We been asking fo some type of change for over 2 yrs now, and you are the only person who can do anything so its obvious you dont want the move. You have given multiple reason why we should NOT move for any reason.


(When I say you, I mean forum admin and the only person with the power to actually do something of that nature, no player can change forums)

Sure, some people wanted to switch to a new forum, while at the same time others didn't want to. As it is now, vast majority of people are ok with these forums and there are more pressing issues atm than the forum.
And don't make it sound like there was a group of people asking for changes in the forum for 2 years. That's not true. There were some 2-3 suggestions how to improve forums since the beginning of the game, however a proper discussion whether we should change to another forum started only last year. That particular forum that was suggested was not a good choice, as it was located on the same server as the game. I was looking for other forum options, and out of all forum providers, forumotion seems to offer the best service atm. The only possible alternative I see right now is switching to a forum we own ourselves, which we will host on a different server than the game. This is however not a priority right now.

The main priorities are to release the airforce and to release updates that prepare the game for cost-efficient growth.

in response to the part in red... I have been "playing" this game for 2 years now, & there HAS been discussion on moving these forums this whole time, (2 years), also there is a poll in these very forums where the vast majority of players (a group) voted to move to a new set of forums... (any player with 1 eye & half a brain can go back thru these forums & see the "TRUTH" of the situation)...

There have been 2 polls on whether we should move to a new forum or not.
One poll had 57% in favor of moving (19/33 votes) http://aderanwars.forumotion.com/t2142-new-forum-yes-or-no
The other poll had 90% in favor of staying on this forum (10/11 votes) http://aderanwars.forumotion.com/t2360-why-we-should-not-move-to-the-new-forum

Do you consider 57% to be a vast majority? Because I don't.
One also has to consider that the 2nd poll, which was made months after the first one, shows a completely different picture.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by kingkongfan1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:24 am

@kenzu-

Admin wrote:clearly a poll where people could spam accounts with no verification will not be what will make the difference Smile

plus we already had a poll, most people voted in favor of moving


your second poll was... "yours", & above is what admin had to say about it
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 50
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Manleva on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 am

Kenzu wrote:The main priorities are to release the airforce and to release updates that prepare the game for cost-efficient growth.

Then it is a pity that neither yourself or Admin can be bothered to respond in any way when issues on the Test Server are posted.

You yourself appear to be more interested in posting in Spam threads.
avatar
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Age : 59
Number of posts : 659
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by kingkongfan1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:21 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:@kenzu-

Admin wrote:clearly a poll where people could spam accounts with no verification will not be what will make the difference Smile

plus we already had a poll, most people voted in favor of moving


your second poll was... "yours", & above is what admin had to say about it


let me clarify here a bit,,,

the second poll (that you set up) was slanted so that you could get the response that you wanted (& for the record you apparently did [90% vote to stay]) anyone can set up a poll so they can get the results they want, that is exactly what you did, there is a reason I cannot see the results of that poll, I didn't vote in it. if you were to take a "fair" poll, I believe that you would find that a majority of players desire to move to another set of forums, (just as in the first poll results)
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 50
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Nomad on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:26 pm

I do not know if you realize that the lack of forum users and activity should be enough to spurn you to change or not. I'll show some facts below

Excluding Admin Martin, and Forum Admin Kenzu, and using 3 years(as age of forums, THIS MAY BE INCORRECT as I am not sure of forums actual age)

#of players who have posted on average 1 time a day(1,095 times) = 3
Of those 3 one is gone from forums and the game (ian)

#of players who have posted on average 1 time a week(156 times) = 37
Of those 37 approximately 15 are gone from forums and the game(cant get accurate count due to some unknowns who have come and gone and may come again)

I guess ultimately it all comes down to what someone percieves as "active" "health" and "successful" forums.


As for your question about location,,,

Kenzu I do not claim to be tech savy. I do not claim to know anything about forums other then from the side of a forum user. I did run a set of forums as an admin. That is where I saw the abilities to costomize forums. To add things to kill time and bring players to the forums because of forums themselves. I can not tell you where or how to house a set of forums. I can not tell you the cost or fuctionality of any forums out there. That is for you and Martin to decide. The only thing I can do is express my distain for these forums because they lack everything that has made all forums I consider successful,,,,,,,,,, well successful.

These forums are bland. No customization. Buggy(and for those of use who do read and post daily that is a bigger issue then to those who read and post weekly, or monthly!). They have practically no functionality with basic forum set ups such as warning systems. These are my complaints, and have been my complaints from the start. I do not care where they are housed. All I want is a decent set of forums and an administration who feels forums are important and a signifigant part of the game. As a player and forum user I do not feel that is too much to ask.

If you ever consider doing anything with forums I will gladly help in any way I can, if I can. If not then yes I will express my opinion about these forums at every opportunity because if no one speaks out then no one will know the level of dissatisfaction. JMO
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by kingkongfan1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Nomad wrote:I do not know if you realize that the lack of forum users and activity should be enough to spurn you to change or not. I'll show some facts below

Excluding Admin Martin, and Forum Admin Kenzu, and using 3 years(as age of forums, THIS MAY BE INCORRECT as I am not sure of forums actual age)

#of players who have posted on average 1 time a day(1,095 times) = 3
Of those 3 one is gone from forums and the game (ian)

#of players who have posted on average 1 time a week(156 times) = 37
Of those 37 approximately 15 are gone from forums and the game(cant get accurate count due to some unknowns who have come and gone and may come again)

I guess ultimately it all comes down to what someone percieves as "active" "health" and "successful" forums.


As for your question about location,,,

Kenzu I do not claim to be tech savy. I do not claim to know anything about forums other then from the side of a forum user. I did run a set of forums as an admin. That is where I saw the abilities to costomize forums. To add things to kill time and bring players to the forums because of forums themselves. I can not tell you where or how to house a set of forums. I can not tell you the cost or fuctionality of any forums out there. That is for you and Martin to decide. The only thing I can do is express my distain for these forums because they lack everything that has made all forums I consider successful,,,,,,,,,, well successful.

These forums are bland. No customization. Buggy(and for those of use who do read and post daily that is a bigger issue then to those who read and post weekly, or monthly!). They have practically no functionality with basic forum set ups such as warning systems. These are my complaints, and have been my complaints from the start. I do not care where they are housed. All I want is a decent set of forums and an administration who feels forums are important and a signifigant part of the game. As a player and forum user I do not feel that is too much to ask.

If you ever consider doing anything with forums I will gladly help in any way I can, if I can. If not then yes I will express my opinion about these forums at every opportunity because if no one speaks out then no one will know the level of dissatisfaction. JMO

WELL SAID
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 50
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Kenzu on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:18 pm

My response in blue
kingkongfan1 wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:@kenzu-

Admin wrote:clearly a poll where people could spam accounts with no verification will not be what will make the difference Smile

plus we already had a poll, most people voted in favor of moving


your second poll was... "yours", & above is what admin had to say about it
Which makes both polls illegitimate, including the first one. I rest my case.


let me clarify here a bit,,,

the second poll (that you set up) was slanted so that you could get the response that you wanted (& for the record you apparently did [90% vote to stay]) anyone can set up a poll so they can get the results they want, that is exactly what you did, there is a reason I cannot see the results of that poll, I didn't vote in it. if you were to take a "fair" poll, I believe that you would find that a majority of players desire to move to another set of forums, (just as in the first poll results)
It is common knowledge that poll results can be influenced by asking different questions. The first poll was too vague. And even though slightly more people were in favor of moving, the second poll showed that actually most people are ok with the forums we have. I myself rather move to a forum that its perfect rather than stay on this one, but I would definitely not want to move to the forum that has been suggested.

Nomad wrote:I do not know if you realize that the lack of forum users and activity should be enough to spurn you to change or not. I'll show some facts below

Excluding Admin Martin, and Forum Admin Kenzu, and using 3 years(as age of forums, THIS MAY BE INCORRECT as I am not sure of forums actual age)

#of players who have posted on average 1 time a day(1,095 times) = 3
Of those 3 one is gone from forums and the game (ian)
That sounds like a good thing. Wouldn't this be an argument in favor of keeping the forums the way they are?

I have to add that it's actually wrong calculation, because people who spent only 100 days on the forum need only 100 posts to reach the 1 post per day average.
Also the longer a player plays, the more likely he is to quit the game. Online games have a churn rate of about 60% on average(60% of active players leave the game within one month)
And only 5% of players play a game for over 1 year.
This means that if there were 20 who played for 1 year, only 1 of them would have stayed. After 3 years, most likely all 20 would have left. And you show me statistical data for 3 people. Even though it's favorable for this discussion, it's not really accurate statistical data.


#of players who have posted on average 1 time a week(156 times) = 37
Of those 37 approximately 15 are gone from forums and the game(cant get accurate count due to some unknowns who have come and gone and may come again)

I guess ultimately it all comes down to what someone percieves as "active" "health" and "successful" forums.

I checked players who are registered for 3 years already and made at least 156 posts, and I counted only 10 people.
If you count newer players, then you are counting players who have much more posts per week
Example: Mystake, registerred 1 year ago and has 257 posts (almost 5 posts per day)
And you don't count players such as Starwolf, who registered in september of the last year and has 86 posts, (that's over 5 per week)

I base health of the game by comparing various figures with the figures of successful games and the relevant game market. The figures show that our game is doing very well.
I didnt not make any analysis of forums, but noticed that they always have much less activity than games (much less people visit forums than their games)

You might feel that what we do is not how you would have done it, and you clearly disagree with the order/way we are doing some things, but what you can be sure about is that we all strive for improving the game all the time and do what we believe will make the game more successful.


As for your question about location,,,

Kenzu I do not claim to be tech savy. I do not claim to know anything about forums other then from the side of a forum user. I did run a set of forums as an admin. That is where I saw the abilities to costomize forums. To add things to kill time and bring players to the forums because of forums themselves. I can not tell you where or how to house a set of forums. I can not tell you the cost or fuctionality of any forums out there. That is for you and Martin to decide. The only thing I can do is express my distain for these forums because they lack everything that has made all forums I consider successful,,,,,,,,,, well successful.

These forums are bland. No customization. Buggy(and for those of use who do read and post daily that is a bigger issue then to those who read and post weekly, or monthly!). They have practically no functionality with basic forum set ups such as warning systems. These are my complaints, and have been my complaints from the start. I do not care where they are housed. All I want is a decent set of forums and an administration who feels forums are important and a signifigant part of the game. As a player and forum user I do not feel that is too much to ask.

I have never said that forums aren't important. They are important, and I agree with you that they should be improved. And they will be improved eventually. As soon as the most planned features are brought to the game the forums will be revisited. I was already looking for better forums. Right now to no avail, but that's mainly because it needs more time to find something that fulfills all requirements. If all fails, we can still host our own forum, on a different server, if we take certain steps. Since you have experience with forums, I encourage you to give suggestions where to move our forums to, or what kind of forums to use.

If you ever consider doing anything with forums I will gladly help in any way I can, if I can. If not then yes I will express my opinion about these forums at every opportunity because if no one speaks out then no one will know the level of dissatisfaction. JMO

I don't see a lack of forum activity. It is normal for a forum to be much less frequented than the game. Most people want to play the game and not spend time on forums.
At the same time it is also true that more customization is always good.
It's also clear that some people care more about forums than others and if its possible to improve the forums, then it should be done.

By the way, Aderan Wars has extremely good figures even if compared with successful social games of big corporations (DARPU, ARPU, Conversion rates, Churn rate, sticky factor). The only thing we don't have right now, is their size. I was doing a lot of research analysing the market and optimising Aderan Wars over the 3 years that it has existed. Setting priorities is vital and the current priority is not the forum. Improving the forum might be good for retention of old players, but considering that Aderan Wars is extremely good at retaining players the benefit that it can bring is small compared to the benefit that is achieved by focusing on areas that allow faster growth. However, as soon as the planned features are updated, the forum issue will be revisited and we will look for a better forum. You are welcome to suggest what forum to use. An important feature the forum must have is to be able to import and export data, to allow us to leave the place if it stops fulfilling our requirements.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Nomad on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 pm

I see talking to you is a waste of time, and since you have and hold all the power there is no sense in continuing this conversation.

#of players who have posted on average 1 time a day(1,095 times) = 3
Of those 3 one is gone from forums and the game (ian)
Kenzu wrote:
That sounds like a good thing. Wouldn't this be an argument in favor of keeping the forums the way they are?

That explains everything in a nutshell.


@ Martin,,,
I can not believe you accept and agree with this line of thinking.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by kingkongfan1 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:52 am

Nomad wrote:I see talking to you is a waste of time, and since you have and hold all the power there is no sense in continuing this conversation.

#of players who have posted on average 1 time a day(1,095 times) = 3
Of those 3 one is gone from forums and the game (ian)
Kenzu wrote:
That sounds like a good thing. Wouldn't this be an argument in favor of keeping the forums the way they are?

That explains everything in a nutshell.


@ Martin,,,
I can not believe you accept and agree with this line of thinking.

sorry guys,,, I gotta agree with nomad here.
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 50
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Kenzu on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:00 am

Nomad wrote:I see talking to you is a waste of time, and since you have and hold all the power there is no sense in continuing this conversation.

#of players who have posted on average 1 time a day(1,095 times) = 3
Of those 3 one is gone from forums and the game (ian)
Kenzu wrote:
That sounds like a good thing. Wouldn't this be an argument in favor of keeping the forums the way they are?

That explains everything in a nutshell.


@ Martin,,,
I can not believe you accept and agree with this line of thinking.
Why do you take words out of the context? And what do you want to achieve with your exaggeration?
You know, you really should read what I wrote before you reply, because it looks like you stopped reading already after my first sentence to you.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: forum access issue

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum