Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

woohoo

+9
Jiro
Nimras
Manleva
Void
Keinutnai
Kenzu
seaborgium
Admin
Steveanaya
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

woohoo Empty woohoo

Post by Steveanaya Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:36 pm

press ctrl +f and type in "castravete" on the banned users list
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

woohoo Empty Re: woohoo

Post by Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:54 pm

there's also a new function, from now on people will get their ingame pm privileges removed if they are unable to learn.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Will they still receive them as alliances do send out important messages

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:39 pm

oh they can receive messages np. they just cannot send anything

I might redo it to only disallow single sending, so they can still send alliance messages and whatnot. since one would mostly want to prevent them from pm'ing certain other people
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:12 am

I looked how many times his name appears on the banned list. It is a total of 3 times. Each time for offensive language.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:52 am

Maybe its time for a block list.
If one is put in place, please make sure
1. you can unblock
2. it tells the person they are blocked form messaging that person.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:21 pm

yes well even a block list though wouldn't have the desired effect.
but yes, adding it wouldn't be a bad idea as discussed

If said person remains for a month or two without pm privileges then maybe they will think harder next time before writing the wrong stuff.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:42 am

I think block list isn't such a bad idea.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Last edited by Void on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Game FAQ/Rules

8.) No profanity in user names, alliance names, etc. (Any user input text).

Forum Warning/Ban System

3.) No insults, vulgarity or racism is allowed
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:24 pm

Void wrote:I didn't see any rule on the help page, against foul language. I don't think that people should be banned in game for this. I agree with the block list.

But you probably also don't want that others call you names.
We are not in kindergarten here.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:20 am

Last edited by Void on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:19 am

Kenzu wrote:
Void wrote:I didn't see any rule on the help page, against foul language. I don't think that people should be banned in game for this. I agree with the block list.

But I agree with Void.

There should not be a ban ingame for foul language there should be a block list or removal of being able to send PM to others but his alliance m8's because of foul language.

The fact is its a war game and ingame banning for language should not be allowed.

I can understand for a forum to a degree especially when some things that are banned for are for some a insult but for others NOT.

Who are you to deside in those cases that just because you find it insulting but the person its posted towards do not, that the person who wrote the insult should be banned?

Bad behavour.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:22 pm

I thought the prohibition was on foul language, not on insulting language. So if you want to insult someone without getting banned, do so without using foul language (or RL racist remarks, etc. whatever admin wrote down.)
I think it should be OK to say "die Kyora scum!!" , but would have a problem with really foul or racist language.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:42 pm

There is no need for the use Foul language in either the forum or the game, period.

This is a Game that is played for enjoyment so there is no real reason to offend anyone. Admin has already stated the he does no police the PM system but waits for the recipient to raise an issue. From this I can only draw the conclusion that someone has been offended.

Because this is an open game on the internet then we can and do have players form many different countries, cultures and of many different ages, so what can be acceptable to some can be extremely offensive to others and the only person who can truly gauge this is the person that has been offended.

I have seen many here who want to debate these rules with Admin and while debate is always good it need to be remembered that this is ultimately Admins game and forum and it is Admin who set the rules and as guests we have to accept and abide by them.

Every day we find ourselves governed by rules of some kind and while we may not like some of them we do abide by them of suffer the consequences and AW is no different. The rules are there and the consequences are known.

@ Void - your use of castravete as an example is a bad choice. castravete knows the rules and consequences very well having been in this position many times. (I'll also add that I have never been offended by any of castravete's posts.)

I'll end with a bit of advise relating to posting in the forum. If you find yourself getting worked up and hot under the collar by comments and discussions then don't respond, instead get up and walk away, have a break and then come back and respond in an appropriate manner.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:44 am

Void wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

I could block him, or send him a message to demonstrate him how immature he is when using that language. Basketball
Once the fact done, he can't take back his words and you (or someone) still remain offended, right? - even if he/she is temporarily banned, when they return, they can do the same and they could play the game just to do this. If you can block him, you can't be offended. If he keeps using the same bad language, he could have his messaging rights removed. That's the way to do it.

Also, I would like to add , that this was such a bad time for a game admin to ban him. I can see that castravete was in the war The_Imperium vs Mujegan. This was such a bad call, to ban a player from one side, practically influencing the course of the war. Also, have you though that castravete might have manipulated you and admin, knowing that he will be temporarily banned? He maybe used this strategy to take a free break from the game, keeping his stats and when his banning period will expire, he will attack you all by surprise. Admins should not take sides.

@Void;

1) I would like to say that at the moment; as far as I know, there is no "block" feature ingame, also the "foe" feature in AW forums isn't working. I think that these are good ideas & would like to see them implemented...

2) I get very offended with castravetes posts, this is a game, to be played for fun & relaxation, but it is very apparent to me that castravete has anger management problems, even so I see no need to ever use the kind of foulness he is famous for, nor do I appreciate seeing him talk about players mothers, sisters, uncles, cousins etc...

3) I do not know if you know this or not; but castravete has been trying to sell his acct. for some time now, & I am willing to bet cash money that he got himself banned on purpose to protect his acct... unless he got a longer ban than normal he should be off ban by now, which means he has vacated his acct...

@admin & kenzu - I use the word "horsesit" in a post & my post gets edited, (not an issue), so I am wondering why all the offensive cussing, & the talking about players mothers hasn't been edited out of castravetes posts? just a question...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:44 am

Jiro wrote:I thought the prohibition was on foul language, not on insulting language. So if you want to insult someone without getting banned, do so without using foul language (or RL racist remarks, etc. whatever admin wrote down.)
I think it should be OK to say "die Kyora scum!!" , but would have a problem with really foul or racist language.

@ Jiro,,,,,I got banned by Kenny for the word "stupid".

Spoiler:

kingkongfan1 wrote:
@admin & kenzu - I use the word "horsesit" in a post & my post gets edited, (not an issue), so I am wondering why all the offensive cussing, & the talking about players mothers hasn't been edited out of castravetes posts? just a question...

Someone has to "complain" and say they are offended like Kenzu did when he saw the word "stupid". Other then that its just piss poor adminship of the forums. Kenzu runs forums and is weak at it letting things go for days and weeks and often never unless someone points it out to him and Admin, even tho once said he would put moderators in, now refuses to allow anyone else into forum moderation. I can only assume its to keep Kenzu in power and to keep it covered up all the "bad" things he does. Not to mention many questions both of them refuse to answer would get answered if someone else was allowed in.

Short answer,,, its called "Hypocrisy"
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:37 am

I asked admin for his stance and he made it clear that not only insults are forbidden, but also insulting other people.
After asking him what he thinks should happen to people who offend other players without using insults, by for example saying: You are not very bright. (refering to the IQ of someone)
Admin said: "He will still be banned. If someone thinks that he can insult others without getting banned, then he can try it and see for himself. This is not a school, and it's not our job to teach people how to behave."

Jiro wrote:I thought the prohibition was on foul language, not on insulting language. So if you want to insult someone without getting banned, do so without using foul language (or RL racist remarks, etc. whatever admin wrote down.)

So if you want to insult someone without getting banned I recommend doing so while your internet is unplugged so that no one finds out about it.

If someone isn't able to play Aderan Wars without offending other people, then he should read a book instead.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:01 pm

I dont get it Jiro. Why would you want to insult someone and expect not to get banned?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:19 pm

I enjoy receiving the abusive messages in these type of games, In previous games we collected them and had a hall of fame.

Ya'll have to catch me on msn if you want to vent sometime Sad
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by doxakk Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:48 pm

Admin wrote:I dont get it Jiro. Why would you want to insult someone and expect not to get banned?

Never played Monkey Island? Smile
doxakk
doxakk
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:43 pm

What about monkey island. I thought it was a single player game.

mental wrote:I enjoy receiving the abusive messages in these type of games, In previous games we collected them and had a hall of fame.

Ya'll have to catch me on msn if you want to vent sometime Sad
having been myself on the receiving end of many such messages, I can and do understand that they can be used for further purposes.

However it's obvious that not everyone wishes to receive these
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:11 pm

have a fish Basketball

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:17 pm

Nomad wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:

Someone has to "complain" and say they are offended like Kenzu did when he saw the word "stupid". Other then that its just piss poor adminship of the forums. Kenzu runs forums and is weak at it letting things go for days and weeks and often never unless someone points it out to him and Admin, even tho once said he would put moderators in, now refuses to allow anyone else into forum moderation. I can only assume its to keep Kenzu in power and to keep it covered up all the "bad" things he does. Not to mention many questions both of them refuse to answer would get answered if someone else was allowed in.

Short answer,,, its called "Hypocrisy"

I did complain, & reported the 2 post I take issue with... I just checked & they have still not been edited,,, If the foe feature worked, this wouldn't be an issue as he was on my "foe" list so I wouldn't have to read the filth that he spews...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:05 pm

one fish, two fish Basketball