Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of interest...

+8
seaborgium
Manleva
damgood
Jiro
raglory
Kenzu
Nomad
J1nx
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Out of interest... - Page 2 Empty Re: Out of interest...

Post by raglory Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:07 am

Kenzu wrote:

20% is not too extreme. To be among the best you must have a good strategy, without a good strategy even 20% will not help you. The 20% can however give you the cutting edge in a tight race for a rank.

It` not to un-extreme eighter. I really am courious how you got to this value, and decided it`s not extreme. For you it`s not extreme to have 24k RAW UP instead of 20k. I tell you it is, hard-core extreme .

And combined with all the others ..having 36-37 bill stats instead of 30 it`s a huge difference. With all that kind of advantage, all that`s left is your strategy, wich of course won`t help you much Smile)

Anyway it`s a lost case, so i`ll give it a rest. This was my last post in this "very nice joke of a game called ra " section.

raglory
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by charlychin Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Just wondering if you still feel that way after the latest update where higher ranked get more yala, and more yala = higher stats so the most powerful just got more powerful then before,,,, plus now you can just buy yala with $$ now and boost all your stats by 20%

I try to be fair with the arguments that someone give, and i've to say that you're true, it's unfair and unbalanced to give more yala to ones than others and the rules that are gonna apply for yala i think that they're unfair and will be favorable to those who are stronger or have had more luck (in a battle between any high ranked the ranking changes a lot, and some under them can find himself in rank 1 for one or two days, but enough to get the medal and more yala), so i feel myself against this. But most of you have talked to admins for different things and they've been solved, the game is for you so i find ridiculous to ignore you, why you shout so angry before seeing if someone there's gonna do something? I think it's better complain, wait and see if there's any movement.

About the yala for those who pays, in every game happen that and will happen until the doomsday xD the ones who pays get more advantages, which is a logical thing, so in this i can't say anything against.

For this i can't feel agree with kenzu in this subject, i mean the yala one, although i agree in reducing the population that you've got when starting an account to 10.000 or less.

Anyway it`s a lost case, so i`ll give it a rest. This was my last post in this "very nice joke of a game called ra " section.

I've to say the same as earlier, you have talked many times with admins in game and i think that every time you've get an agreement, so we can expose our complains and see what will happen before doing this kind of things, the client always has reason because if someone isn't like he wants, he would buy to others, so wait and see, once you've seen or got a negative response, then decide. Aren't you agree?

charlychin
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:50 pm

raglory wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

20% is not too extreme. To be among the best you must have a good strategy, without a good strategy even 20% will not help you. The 20% can however give you the cutting edge in a tight race for a rank.

It` not to un-extreme eighter. I really am courious how you got to this value, and decided it`s not extreme. For you it`s not extreme to have 24k RAW UP instead of 20k. I tell you it is, hard-core extreme .

And combined with all the others ..having 36-37 bill stats instead of 30 it`s a huge difference. With all that kind of advantage, all that`s left is your strategy, wich of course won`t help you much Smile)

A good way to make the game better for everyone is by giving more yala to everyone, so that non-paying players can activate much more bonuses during a round than now. Also, you dont need to have all bonuses active at all times, simply activate one or two before a month ends in the category where you are striving for a good medal, or activate one in the category you want to use to mass someone.

Maybe you say 20% is too extreme, but you will probably agree that 5% would be too little. It has to be somewhere between 10% or 20%. If it was less then 10% then there would be no point bothering with it at all.

charlychin wrote:
Just wondering if you still feel that way after the latest update where higher ranked get more yala, and more yala = higher stats so the most powerful just got more powerful then before,,,, plus now you can just buy yala with $$ now and boost all your stats by 20%

I try to be fair with the arguments that someone give, and i've to say that you're true, it's unfair and unbalanced to give more yala to ones than others and the rules that are gonna apply for yala i think that they're unfair and will be favorable to those who are stronger or have had more luck (in a battle between any high ranked the ranking changes a lot, and some under them can find himself in rank 1 for one or two days, but enough to get the medal and more yala), so i feel myself against this. But most of you have talked to admins for different things and they've been solved, the game is for you so i find ridiculous to ignore you, why you shout so angry before seeing if someone there's gonna do something? I think it's better complain, wait and see if there's any movement.

About the yala for those who pays, in every game happen that and will happen until the doomsday xD the ones who pays get more advantages, which is a logical thing, so in this i can't say anything against.

For this i can't feel agree with kenzu in this subject, i mean the yala one, although i agree in reducing the population that you've got when starting an account to 10.000 or less.

I've to say the same as earlier, you have talked many times with admins in game and i think that every time you've get an agreement, so we can expose our complains and see what will happen before doing this kind of things, the client always has reason because if someone isn't like he wants, he would buy to others, so wait and see, once you've seen or got a negative response, then decide. Aren't you agree?

There is definitely going to be a change.
I have already written a survey, which will be released soon.
Let's see what everyone wants, and what suggestions players make.
Then appropriate changes will be made.

Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:23 pm

1 question.

An honest one, and yes I know I am often an ass to you, and I do not like you as an admin. But 1 honest question meant as such.

Why not do polls and discussion before releasing an update so signifigant?

ok 2 questions, but this one is really only you as an admin can answer and I would request an honest answer on this one so I may understand you as an admin better.

Why go down a path of "bonuses". when 1 man gets more bonuses then another, and a late bloomer is always screwed. Why is actually building your own account, using your own UU and your own Kewal to build stats that you have worked for Not enough?

I ask this because to me that was the ultimat death of SGW to me, and so many other games. When you no longer had to build your own account to get something for "free".

As an example, a striker will always plan his "strike" bonus when he is ready to use it. The Defender can never know this and the only way to "counter" it is to run a defense bonus 24/7. This is highly unbalanced. I personally just hate games where you get free stats. I would prefer a game gives you what you build.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:12 am

Nomad wrote:1 question.

An honest one, and yes I know I am often an ass to you, and I do not like you as an admin. But 1 honest question meant as such.

Why not do polls and discussion before releasing an update so signifigant?

Because I am not planning to bore players to death with frequent polls. If it's too much, then people will find it annoying. Also, it's easier to know what to ask when you know what people might dislike.
I believe I have mentioned many times that Yala will allow you to activate bonuses, but no one has bothered to ask what kind of bonuses will exist and how much they will cost. I also didnt make a poll on massing mechanics. A lot of significant changes have been made there, and no polls were necessary.

ok 2 questions, but this one is really only you as an admin can answer and I would request an honest answer on this one so I may understand you as an admin better.

Why go down a path of "bonuses". when 1 man gets more bonuses then another, and a late bloomer is always screwed. Why is actually building your own account, using your own UU and your own Kewal to build stats that you have worked for Not enough?

I ask this because to me that was the ultimat death of SGW to me, and so many other games. When you no longer had to build your own account to get something for "free".

As an example, a striker will always plan his "strike" bonus when he is ready to use it. The Defender can never know this and the only way to "counter" it is to run a defense bonus 24/7. This is highly unbalanced. I personally just hate games where you get free stats. I would prefer a game gives you what you build.

Lets first talk about attack and defense. You say they are unbalanced, then use the boost on attack if you think so.
Attacker has the advantage, and if you dont want to have defense boosters on all time, then why dont YOU simply turn the attack booster and mass the person who wants to mass you before he does it?
The yala boosters will encourage more wars, as the person who attacks can decide first which stats to boost, as in most cases he will not have enough yala to boost all. If you are in peace mode, you would be well advised to activate economic boosters. I personally will use the +20 AT per turn booster the most of all.

Now lets go back to your view.
It seems to me that you can't live with a free game that offers bonuses to people who donate for it. I wouldn't expect such a view from an experienced like you.

If you can't accept the fact that all free games gain revenue by having players pay to get some perks, which is always either resources, some sort of bonus, a boost, more features or cosmetic changes then you will not accept any game. If players would get nothing from the game if they pay, then most wouldn't pay at all. If you donate, RPG games will offer weapons, items and potions that allow you to kill opponents faster and more efficiently, space simulator games will offer you better lasers, shields, and if you play strategy games like AW or SGW then there are only 2 basic options in addition to SS:
Either give resources for cash, or give bonuses on stats. AW went the way of resources, RA chooses bonuses. RA chooses to be different on purpose.

If you want to find a game, where no one gets bonuses, then you will have to pay a subscription based game. If you want to play a free game, then there will be people who will fund the game, and they will be getting resources and other bonuses. That's how it was, that's how it will be.

But what you can do is find a game where people who donate are limited in the bonuses they can get. You cannot simply look and say 20% is too much. You have to look at the whole picture. I have registered on countless games to see how they do it and I have read reviews from countless games too. And I must say, I have seen huge differences. Most important for me is that someone who doesn't pay any money can reach the same league as a paying player, and that players who pay the most possible cash can still be defeated by a lslightly arger group of non paying players. That's a good game. A game where paying players are equally strong as non playing players is UTOPIA. Such games either don't exist, are not sophisticated or they don't last long, because funds are important for the future of a game.

You are guided by emotions if you say that Yala bonuses are unfair, because you haven't experienced that a player who paid a lot of money would be much better than you. Yala bonuses are much more fair than most games and right now it's only impressions that we hear here. None of the current arguments are supported by any evidence. At this point it's impossible to say if it's really too much bonus. Maybe it's even too little. No one can know for sure.

But what I know for sure is that there are countless games, which are being criticised for unfairness, where a player spends 200-300$ and can beat anyone who paid much less.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:57 am

You are simply amazing.

You also got about every assumption you just made about me completely wrong. tho please do explain how you mass someone who aims to mass you without know who they are or when they plan to do it. This I would dearly love to know.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:53 pm

The great thing is you don't know, but you might suspect someone. And if you think there is a 30% chance that someone who has beef with you wants to mass you, then you might as well mass him first so that you have less losses.

He knows that you might want to mass him and knowing that he can kill more of your troops if he attacks first will encourage him to mass you instead of waiting.

This nice thing is similar to what is called a prisonner dilemma. If both dont attack, they will be better off, but each is encouraged to attack, because the one who attacks first loses less.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:27 pm

So what if you have 3 people that want to mass you?

I would also like to express my opinion on the differences in atta and defense bonuses and their associated yala cost.

It is a fact that the strike is Always online when the bonus is used, where the defense is online less then 10% of the time. It is infact mostly useless to attempt to stop an attack by use of yala defensive bonus because if you use it, the attack simply sits idle until you run out of yala. TBH the only person who might would use a yala defensive bonus is the attacker themselves as they will be expecting a retaliation.

I think you should consider this when you reveiw adjustments to the system.

If you know your enemy I guess the present system is somewhat useable, but for those who get blind sided, they lose their def, possible more, then are faced with retaliatiung against a yala beefed up defense. I just think its something you should consider.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2