Hall of Fame

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by Kenzu on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:20 am

Manleva wrote:The problem with including medals is that some people consider them to be private. Also these medals are awarded at the end of the month so that it is possible in the 3 month period for a different player to achieve the each medal at the end of each month.

Taking your example of the Covert Action medal, 3 players can achieve the gold medal (one each month) Their actual covert levels will be different and not comparable. It is also possible that the player who received the gold medal at the end of the first month could end up with the lowest covert action at the end of the round.

But it's very unlikely. Very likely that someone who got a gold medal has a high tech, and if they had a high tech in a category in one month, it's likely they will stick with their "tradition"
I got a bronze defense medal, and iron liberation medal, and even though I take part in brutal wars, I am sure I will be in top 10 in terms of attack by the end of the round, and probably top 5 in terms of defense.


The awarding of medals is don as part of the games mechanics with the recipient being dependent on how players actually build their accounts.
I have two gold medals myself so far in this round, however I do not actually consider them to be achievements because they in no way reflect anything to do with my rank but rather that I places a different emphasis on certain areas of my account than the majority of other players.

And that's exactly why you get it. Obviously there can't be a person, who will have gold medals in all fields. One focuses on attack, another one on covert. A gold medal is definitely something you should be proud about, because it isn't so easy to achieve, even if you try hard. Especially if there are many others who are trying to get the same medal as you.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 32
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by Kenzu on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:26 am

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
@Nomad
If you get Gold in say Covert Action, then you must have been rank 1 at a point in time. It's likely that when round ends, you will still be among the top 10. Since everyone will see who are the top 10 covert players, when round ends, if you show your gold covert medal or not will not be much difference.

I understand that, but please answer my question.

If I mass my account away to just a few men, or get my account massed away by someone else, how or why would a gold medal have anything to do with my rank? That confuses me greatly. I can get a gold medal, untrain every spy i have and stay in top ranks based on a medal? I'm still confused as to why a medal has an standing or bearing at all in the matter?

*Edit, yeah basicly what ^ he said

Because if you have a gold medal, it means you were the best in certain category at the end of a month.
If you get massed, you will rebuild, and if you got gold in an area, it's likely you had strong personal bonuses there, and/or high techs, which means it will be easier for you to rebuild.
You cannot untrain trained units!

Also I didnt say that a gold medal means you will be in top ranks.
I said that a gold medal makes it very likely that you will be in the top ranks.

The reason why I consider making medals visible to everyone is because many people will want to compare their medals with others, or at least look what others got out of curiosity.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 32
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by Nomad on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:32 am

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
@Nomad
If you get Gold in say Covert Action, then you must have been rank 1 at a point in time. It's likely that when round ends, you will still be among the top 10. Since everyone will see who are the top 10 covert players, when round ends, if you show your gold covert medal or not will not be much difference.

I understand that, but please answer my question.

If I mass my account away to just a few men, or get my account massed away by someone else, how or why would a gold medal have anything to do with my rank? That confuses me greatly. I can get a gold medal, untrain every spy i have and stay in top ranks based on a medal? I'm still confused as to why a medal has an standing or bearing at all in the matter?

*Edit, yeah basicly what ^ he said

Because if you have a gold medal, it means you were the best in certain category at the end of a month.
If you get massed, you will rebuild, and if you got gold in an area, it's likely you had strong personal bonuses there, and/or high techs, which means it will be easier for you to rebuild.
You cannot untrain trained units!

Also I didnt say that a gold medal means you will be in top ranks.
I said that a gold medal makes it very likely that you will be in the top ranks.

The reason why I consider making medals visible to everyone is because many people will want to compare their medals with others, or at least look what others got out of curiosity.

ok untraining was a bad example, but massing is not. BTW will there be a disabling of Protections upon rounds end as there was in reset? or will those stats be untouchable at rounds end? I'm willing to bet more then myself will be massing in the final few hrs in hopes or changing the rankings at rounds end. Thats also addresses your response that "if massed you will rebuild". If your massed in the last 6 hrs you will not have time to rebuild.


Another thing you should note is if you make it public, then you will see blockers start showing up. People who go after awards not for their own sakes, but just to keep someone else from getting them. Trying to hord them all in 1 alliance. Or Empire. But since over half the game is already in 1 empire that will happen anyway TBH.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by Kenzu on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:33 am

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
@Nomad
If you get Gold in say Covert Action, then you must have been rank 1 at a point in time. It's likely that when round ends, you will still be among the top 10. Since everyone will see who are the top 10 covert players, when round ends, if you show your gold covert medal or not will not be much difference.

I understand that, but please answer my question.

If I mass my account away to just a few men, or get my account massed away by someone else, how or why would a gold medal have anything to do with my rank? That confuses me greatly. I can get a gold medal, untrain every spy i have and stay in top ranks based on a medal? I'm still confused as to why a medal has an standing or bearing at all in the matter?

*Edit, yeah basicly what ^ he said

Because if you have a gold medal, it means you were the best in certain category at the end of a month.
If you get massed, you will rebuild, and if you got gold in an area, it's likely you had strong personal bonuses there, and/or high techs, which means it will be easier for you to rebuild.
You cannot untrain trained units!

Also I didnt say that a gold medal means you will be in top ranks.
I said that a gold medal makes it very likely that you will be in the top ranks.

The reason why I consider making medals visible to everyone is because many people will want to compare their medals with others, or at least look what others got out of curiosity.

ok untraining was a bad example, but massing is not. BTW will there be a disabling of Protections upon rounds end as there was in reset? or will those stats be untouchable at rounds end? I'm willing to bet more then myself will be massing in the final few hrs in hopes or changing the rankings at rounds end. Thats also addresses your response that "if massed you will rebuild". If your massed in the last 6 hrs you will not have time to rebuild.


Another thing you should note is if you make it public, then you will see blockers start showing up. People who go after awards not for their own sakes, but just to keep someone else from getting them. Trying to hord them all in 1 alliance. Or Empire. But since over half the game is already in 1 empire that will happen anyway TBH.

Why do I have the feeling like you are planning to mass me in the last couple of hours if the round?
Here my reply:

Protections at rounds end:
No protections will be allowed for at least the last 48 hours of the game, similar to the evolutions server.
This means that if you believe someone might mass you, you might want to consider launching a first strike to attack his weak point and thus lose less than what you would have lost, if he attacked you.

Obviously people who are massing, and also those who will be massed will probably not be in top ranks anymore. Nevertheless they should at least appear in the ranks of players with highest war experience. I personally believe less players will take part in massing in the last couple days than those involved in one.

"Blocking"
Awards don't depend on the actions of others, but only on your actions. Everyone should be able to get all awards in silver, and those with the best strategies even all awards in gold.
For medals (it's important to distinguish them), it's different. Of course it could happen that people agree on who will be aiming for which award, but if you consider there are much more players than types of medals, it's bound to lead in a strong competition. Furthermore I personally haven't heard of anyone trying to organise who will get what medals. Of course it could happen, if someone decides to do it, but even if that was the case, then why would someone start organising in the last month, and not already from the beginning? If it should happen, then I believe someone is already doing it, and if not, I don't think people will bother with it in the last month. I personally try to get as many medals as possible, and everyone else should try the same.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 32
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by Nomad on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 pm

interesting, please explain furture the difference between medals and awards, I may be working on a bad assumption.

Also please explain how everyone can get a medal? I thought only the rank 1,2,3,4 of each class got them each month. So in 3 months only a maximum of 12 different players can get them, and if 4 players get all four then only 4 total players can get them?

Also explain how only your action matter on a medal. I am under the impression that you have to beat someone elses overall power to overcome them. If no one tries for a meadl you get it easy, if 10 others try for it, you got 1/10th of a chance of getting it. So how can you say its based only in your actions and the actions of others make no difference?

Maybe I have been missing something all along?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by Kenzu on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 pm

Awards are those, which are on the bottom two rows.

They are awarded completely independent of all players, because the achievements are predefined absolute values. For example 10.000 UP to get Boost Award.

Now to Medals: Medals are all except bottom 2 rows and except top row.
These depends on actions of everyone.

You thought that I mean everyone's action doesn't matter for medals.
I said it doesn't matter for awards.
And it does matter for medals.

This was the misunderstanding.

PS: Also the medals are in the process of an update. In the future all medals will be given in this order:

Rank 1: Gold
Rank 2: Silver
Rank 3: Silver
Rank 4: Bronze
Rank 5: Bronze
Rank 6: Bronze
Rank 7: Iron
Rank 8: Iron
Rank 9: Iron
Rank 10: Iron

And you must reach this rank to get the medal. This means that if one person held rank one in say strike for 3 months, then he will be the only one with a gold medal.

This update will prevent that in longer lasting games people will get gold medals too easily and at the same time will make it easier for people to get at least some sort of medal, as all that needs to be achieved is to be in top 10 in the desired category when a month ends.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 32
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by J1nx on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 am

when will the medal for helping find bugs be given out?

J1nx
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by Kenzu on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:18 pm

They should have been given out already a couple days ago, but there were more pressing and they will be given out as soon as it will be possible.

The medal for helping bugs will not be reset with a new round, it is passed on to each round.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 32
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by Kenzu on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:45 am

Right now work is being done on the Hall of Fame.
From the Hall of Fame you will be able to see your RA helping medal as soon as it will be given out. But you will also see it ingame.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 32
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame - Page 2 Empty Re: Hall of Fame

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum