Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bank doesn't unload kuwal when overfilled

5 posters

Go down

Bank doesn't unload kuwal when overfilled Empty Bank doesn't unload kuwal when overfilled

Post by Kenzu Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:36 am

When kuwal in bank exceeds limit, kuwal over capacity should automatically be moved to home planet kuwal at turn tick, before home planet kuwal gets added.

But it doesn't
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Bank doesn't unload kuwal when overfilled Empty Re: Bank doesn't unload kuwal when overfilled

Post by charlychin Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:45 pm

it doesn't happen when the next page you click in research or training, but some days ago i clicked in base page (not sure if base or trade) and the excess kuwal moved to home planet kuwal

charlychin
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-11-09

Back to top Go down

Bank doesn't unload kuwal when overfilled Empty Re: Bank doesn't unload kuwal when overfilled

Post by Kenzu Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:54 pm

yeah, I think it's fixed now.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 am

I'm just going to post this here instead of making a new topic, but my bank can hold more then its max, it doesnt offload when I click base or as I can tell any other page.

It might offload at the turn tick, but even if it did I still feel its an unfair advantage to be able to hide/protect my Kuwal for even a turn.

tl;dr: My bank holds more then max.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:06 pm

you can farm billions in a turn and no one can take it mate.

Home planet kewal is in yellow, this is where your farmed kewal goes and it can not be touched.

Kewal in bank is green and this is where kewal goes when you bank it

Empire kewal is in red, and this is all that someone can take from you. this number is effected home planet kewal as a % of home planet kewal gets added to empire kewal.

this is a farmers paradise in RA, they can farm billions or all they can with 0 defense and never worry about losing what they farm.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Shows what I know about RA (Looks a little closer, yeah I think I get it now...)

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 am

OK so I have a question about the bank:

What does the max size do? It seems utterly useless, and as it is a improvable stat (Can increase it though trade center) it is useless to improve if it doesnt do anything.

When I farm I get Home Planet Kuwal, which I am unable to spend until I bank it. (It says not enough kuwal until i bank it even when I have way more then enough home planet kuwal.)

I can bank any amount irregardless of my max bank size.
This message is displayed: "Your bank is full, all excess kuwal will be removed from your bank and returned back to Home Planet Kuwal." but this doesnt happen, at least not right away. (I think I read somewhere it might happen at the turn tick, but I havn't tested it.)

Neither of these two kuwal types can be stolen, therefore they are the same, except I can only spend the banked kuwal, and it supposedly has a max, which isn't working.

tl;dr: What does the max bank size do?

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:11 am

if your over your max size, the overage goes out into the open, the kewal in the open is tied to empire kewal. The more open = more getting transfered to empire kewal. The more empire kewal = more that can be farmed.

Iys how Kenzu wants it. Lots of people do not understand it and see much of it as pointless but its how its done in RA.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:26 am

Thanks for your reply but it doesnt make much sense,
According to the tooltips/explanation in the bank page the epire kuwal becomes your home planet kuwal, not the other way around...
Spoiler:

Edit: This happens at the turn tick, I have just tested it.
Spoiler:

If Home Planet Kuwal does get transfered to or affects empire kuwal can we please have an explanation/formula for this? If not then the home planet kuwal) is useless. (Cant be stolen, cant be used in any way until banked)

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:50 am

I think the first spoiler is backwards, each turn 2% of home planet kewal becomes empire kewal.

Admin Kenzu will be along soon to give you a better explination.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Alex wrote:tl;dr: What does the max bank size do?-Alex
Increase amount of kuwal you can hold while making sure your empire kuwal still gets shipped and turned into home planet kuwal.

Alex wrote:If not then the home planet kuwal) is useless. (Cant be stolen, cant be used in any way until banked)-Alex
I am confident that by now you have realized that it's not useless as it fulfills a very specific purpose
If you farm billions and bank it, on the next turn it'll probably be out as home planet kuwal and chances are that it will exceed 30 hours of your income.
If that happens, none of your income (aka empire kuwal) will get turned into home planet kuwal resulting in:
- the farmable amount increases until someone attacks you
- AND your home planet kuwal does not increase from your income
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:44 am

Yeah it does make much more sense in my head now.

But I would like to make a suggestion:
It would be less confusing if your bank could actually only hold the max amount at any time (Like main server) and that when buying things you didn't have to bank it first, it just uses Home Planet kuwal first, then if needed uses the bank Kuwal.

Spoiler:
I don't really understand why it has to be banked first before used?

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Alex wrote:I don't really understand why it has to be banked first before used?

-Alex
because on every page that exists where you spend kuwal I would have to add that it
checks both values if they are high enough
THEN first subtracts from bank
THEN calculate remainder not yet paid
THEN subtract from home planet

4 steps, compared to the current 2 (check and subtract)

plus the fact that I would have to make this update on ALL places in the code where kuwal is spent in any way, major time consumer

otherwise you are right, technically it would make no difference if we're only talking about spending the kuwal
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:51 pm

OK fair enough, I am not a coder so I don't really know the work involved with these things.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Alex wrote:Yeah it does make much more sense in my head now.

But I would like to make a suggestion:
It would be less confusing if your bank could actually only hold the max amount at any time (Like main server) and that when buying things you didn't have to bank it first, it just uses Home Planet kuwal first, then if needed uses the bank Kuwal.

Spoiler:
I don't really understand why it has to be banked first before used?

-Alex

Another reason is that players learn to bank their kuwal. Especially new ones. Banking kuwal should be a routine thing to do. This brings me to the idea that if you farm it could go straight away to bank kuwal so that you dont have to bank more than once per day.

The whole reason why this banking system exists is so that players who log in every 30 minutes don't get a massive advantage over players that log in only once per day. On main, no one will farm you if you are online 24/7, but on RA being online all time will not help you. You need a proper defense to protect your kuwal.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down