Realm Alert

Go down

Realm Alert Empty Realm Alert

Post by Kenzu on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Realm Alert will be brought back to Red Apocalypse, but will work in a slightly different way.

There will be 6 levels.
Each level will increase each of your 4 military stats (attack, defense, covert, assassin) by a certain percentage, and at the same time it will decrease your income and unit production by the same percentage.

Levels:
+0% military stats -0% income and unit production (Peacetime)
+10% military stats -10% income and unit production (Vigilance)
+25% military stats -25% income and unit production (Skirmish)
+50% military stats -50% income and unit production (Battle
+75% military stats -75% income and unit production (War)
+100% military stats -100% income and unit production (Total War)

(names can be altered)

Realm alert will increase the efficiency of your troops in battle.
It's a defensive measure to be used if expected to get massed soon.

While on realm alert, it will be impossible to mass anyone, but it will be (most likely) allowed to farm and raid people who have zero defenses.

Also, to prevent people without life, ie people who are willing to sit online 24/7 to go critical immediately when attacked, to get an advantage over people who log in once a day,
increasing realm alert will take effect not immediately, but 12 hours after order has been given (Troops need time to prepare).

Realm alert can be lowered at any time though.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Realm Alert Empty Re: Realm Alert

Post by Nomad on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:55 am

I see one problem, your giving an advantage to the counterstrike. If I am on realm alert already, then I can drop off immediately and attack straight away where a defender has to wait 12 hrs.

And doubling all stats? is that not a bit unfair? You can double your defense using realm alert, but the strike has to simple build a strike twice as big as they can not double their strike to match the defense?

Is this not a bit of overkill in the defense department?

just asking.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:35 am

how does a counterstrike have an advantage over first strike?

you double stats at the cost of your income, and if someone attacks you, he will see what realm alert you have and can decide to wait until you lower it.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:11 pm

if your in war, why would you lower it?

As an example, If You massed me, killing all my defense, and 1/2 my covert and 1/2 my assassins, then went on realm alert, Then there is no way I can counterstrike at all due to you haveing a doubled defense.

What I meant about counterstrike. Lets say I hit you 4 or 5 times to prove a point. You go on realm alert expecting war. Now I can not touch you due to a doubled defense. Yet you can wait until its a prime oppurtunity for you to drop off realm alert and do a complete massing of my account and even if I was online I can not do realm alert.

It kind of does the opposite of what you guys say you want, it means if you plan to have a scrap with someone, you better take them all the way down. A few hits to prove a point will just get you killed.

JMO, we will see how it works out.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:59 pm

you have to lower it if you want to attack someone, or if the total expected cost you are taking having a lower income is more than the cost you would have by getting massed.

Example:
It makes no sense for you to keep realm alert on critical for 14 days, if you can rebuild after getting massed with income and UP of 7 days.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

There is another possibility:

Allow people to change realm alert and at the same time allow them to attack, however when attacking, they will not experience any realm alert boost.

This means that someone could go on critical, and still attack other players, but in any mission where he is the attacker, his stats are not influenced by the realm alert, and the realm alert helps you only if you are defending against someone.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Kenzu wrote:There is another possibility:

Allow people to change realm alert and at the same time allow them to attack, however when attacking, they will not experience any realm alert boost.

This means that someone could go on critical, and still attack other players, but in any mission where he is the attacker, his stats are not influenced by the realm alert, and the realm alert helps you only if you are defending against someone.

Your kidding right? Please tell me your kidding

So now you want the defender to get a doubled defense while being able to attack someone?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:26 pm

I haven't played red apocalypse but this does not sounds like a good idea to me at all.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:10 pm

If you want a game that allows you to play and compete with only 1 log in for 5 minutes a day then this game is great.

If you want something thats not a weak versions of "sims stat building" then don't waste your time.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Nomad wrote:If you want a game that allows you to play and compete with only 1 log in for 5 minutes a day then this game is great.

If you want something thats not a weak versions of "sims stat building" then don't waste your time.

please define sims stat building.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by decker on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:07 am

Kenzu, respectfully all this is going to do is encourage more and more people to sit behind their massive defensive walls. And yes, they can go 100% and still make some kind of income by stocking up a large reserve of turns/UU and selling them as needed.

Honestly, every time I come to the forums I look for some kind of hope that the game has strategy and tactics that are more involved then econ/defense but I've yet to find anyone that has a viable alternative to that approach and stuff like this isn't going to help diversify.

-d

decker
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:07 pm

decker wrote:Kenzu, respectfully all this is going to do is encourage more and more people to sit behind their massive defensive walls. And yes, they can go 100% and still make some kind of income by stocking up a large reserve of turns/UU and selling them as needed.

Honestly, every time I come to the forums I look for some kind of hope that the game has strategy and tactics that are more involved then econ/defense but I've yet to find anyone that has a viable alternative to that approach and stuff like this isn't going to help diversify.

-d

You are welcome to post your suggestions. You can post them here:
http://aderanwars.forumotion.com/f45-game-suggestions

Right now there is a massive war happening on Red Apocalypse, which doesn't seem to be related to your idea of "people sitting behind walls" at all.

Also, please consider this. Realm alert will decrease not only income, but also unit production, which means you will lose two means of income, all that will be left are turns, which is a disaster for anyone's economy.
you sacrifice a lot only two have stats doubled. And how long do you think will people stay on realm alert? Do you think they will remain there all the time? Why should they do it, if they can double their military within 1-2 weeks with their income?

Take me for example:
assuming 1 uu = 150.000
10 AT can give you 200.000.000 from inactive without losses.

I produce each day:
2.286 million in income
2.413 million in UP (16.087*150.000)
3.520 million in AT (160*22 million)
TOTAL: 8.822 million economic production per day

If I go on realm alert to double my stats, it costs me: 4.699 million kuwal each single day.
I could buy and train 13.400 spies or assassin each day OR buy,train and arm 6.265 attackers with RPGs with what I lose on realm alert.

You will see that anyone who uses a strategy of going on realm alert extensively will NEVER reach top ranks.

Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:10 pm

you just dont get it do you?

I attack you blindside, and I basicly cripple you with the amount of damage I am able to do. I then go on realm alert which DOUBLES my def.

Now what you going to do?

If you
A. Start to rebuild def to stop from being farmed I come destroy it. We both lose income

B. Try to counter attack your having to overcome a defense thats DOUBLE what it should be, insuring you lose more then me

No one has to stay on critical all the time, just long enough to grind you into the ground to the point i can out train and keep more men then you.

But you can't seem to see that as a possibility.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Nomad wrote:you just dont get it do you?

I attack you blindside, and I basicly cripple you with the amount of damage I am able to do. I then go on realm alert which DOUBLES my def.

Now what you going to do?

If you
A. Start to rebuild def to stop from being farmed I come destroy it. We both lose income

B. Try to counter attack your having to overcome a defense thats DOUBLE what it should be, insuring you lose more then me

No one has to stay on critical all the time, just long enough to grind you into the ground to the point i can out train and keep more men then you.

But you can't seem to see that as a possibility.

Obviously I will not be massing you when you have critical.
I will rebuild so that I can mass you whenever you leave critical.

In the meantime you are losing a lot by not gaining income and UP.
Sooner or later you will have to leave realm alert if you don't want to fall behind too much.

If we are equally strong, then even with the smallest realm alert, you will be producing less than me.

If you say you can outtrain me with realm alert, then it means that your economy was better than mine in the first place, which means that you are stronger than me, and obviously will win a war against a weaker opponent.

You could try to prove me wrong, how about we will fight in the next round against one another to see which method is better?
Realm alert will help you only if you use it for a short time, especially if you can gain an advantage by launching a first strike, or if you want to prevent someone from attacking you so that you can for example increase techs, so that he will have much losses once you leave realm alert. It is not meant as a long term solution. It will help you if you use it for a couple hours, or in extreme cases for a couple days, but if you use it for weeks, you are doomed to fail.

Before you attack someone who is on realm alert, you should find out how much he is loosing by being on realm alert.
If you are much bigger than someone, and what you lose can be retrained within a day, then you will mass someone even if he is on realm alert.

If someone is bigger than you, then he will most likely harm himself much more by going on realm alert.
(and in these cases we ignore all the levels of realm alert, obviously if its too weak realm alert, then you will mass anyway)

If you have a weaker economy, then you will obviously only hit if you can make more losses. If someone produces 20% more than you, then as long as you kill 20% more units than him, you are doing a good job and can win the war.

The matter gets complicated in alliance wars, but again all you have to do is find out if massing someone who is on certain realm alert will give you an advantage or disadvantage against him.

ALSO: please note that after attacking someone you will see what realm alert they are using in the report.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:04 pm

I give up

you never been in a war apparently. When your online and can watch or counter the weaker foe who you have crippled your on no realm alert, your online so there is no need,

When your asleep or away from PC you would use it to insure the weaker opponent doesnt attempt a strike because your doubled defenses insures that

Then when you are online you just continue to farm, and destroy his account.

Its your game mate, build it and play it as you see fit. I'll not bother playing another round of AW2. It is a game far different then anything I can derive any enjoyment from. Its just not for me. But everyone is different, and I hope those who can play it and do enjoy find it and help it become successful.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:02 pm

Nomad wrote:I give up

you never been in a war apparently. When your online and can watch or counter the weaker foe who you have crippled your on no realm alert, your online so there is no need,

When your asleep or away from PC you would use it to insure the weaker opponent doesnt attempt a strike because your doubled defenses insures that

Then when you are online you just continue to farm, and destroy his account.

Its your game mate, build it and play it as you see fit. I'll not bother playing another round of AW2. It is a game far different then anything I can derive any enjoyment from. Its just not for me. But everyone is different, and I hope those who can play it and do enjoy find it and help it become successful.

In a war you will defeat a weaker opponent. Always. Because if the oponent defeats you, then he is stronger, not weaker.
Also, if you fight against a weaker opponent. Why would you go on realm alert in the first place? Why not mass him first, and then

I call you out for a duel!

Prove me wrong, and let's have a duel 1 month after the next round starts.
The realm alert will be there, and you can use it as extensively as you want to prove me wrong.
I on the other hand will play without using it at all.

We will have account of similar strength, and I guarantee you, If you keep realm alert turned on for a couple nights, It will cripple you so much that you will definitely lose the war.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down