Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Apocalypse Launch and End dates for Red Apocalypse rounds (Frequently Updated)

+6
Manleva
Kingofshinobis1
J1nx
Nomad
Capt_Blood
Kenzu
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Red Apocalypse Launch and End dates for Red Apocalypse rounds (Frequently Updated) Empty Red Apocalypse Launch and End dates for Red Apocalypse rounds (Frequently Updated)

Post by Kenzu Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:43 pm

8th round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse will start at 12:00 gametime.
8th round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse ends on the 2rd November 2012 at 23:59 gametime

old updates below:
-----------------------------------------

7th round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse will start soon
It will start at gametime 03:00 or gametime 06:00

6th round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse has ended on 5th May 2012 at 00:00 Gametime.

4th round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse has started!

Preliminary Dates:

3nd round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse ends
on the 3rd August 2011 at 23:59 gametime (4th August 08:00 GMT, 09:00 Central European Time, 15:00 Beijing Time).

4th round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse starts
on the 4th August 2010 at 06:00 gametime (14:00 GMT, 15:00 Central European Time, 21:00 Beijing Time).

explanation: The round should initially last till 7th August, however I am getting married during this time and so its moved a couple days earlier so that there is enough time to save stats, reset round, and also to fix any bugs that might show up.

2nd round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse ends
on the 7th May 2011 at 09:00 gametime (17:00 GMT, 18:00 Central European Time).

3rd round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse starts
on the 7th May 2010 at 12:00 gametime (20:00 GMT, 21:00 Central European Time).

old version:

1st round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse ends
on the 7th February 2011 at 14:00 gametime (22:00 GMT, 23:00 Central European Time).

(The end time has been delayed from 00:00 gametime due to the effects of Aderan Wars shifting to a new server. I apologise for the inconvenience)

---------------------------------------------

1st round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse starts tomorrow
on the 7th November 2010 at 09:00 gametime (16:00 GMT, 17:00 Central European Time).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBadSmt2CIY&feature=related

EDIT:
All known bugs are planned to be fixed by 5th of November.
The server will be restarted to see if all necessary commands for restarting have been made, and to see if there are any bugs related to starting and playing the game after a reset.

Then on the 7th of November, Red Apocalypse will be born and 1st three month round will start!

-----------------------------------------------------

The launch date for TEST PHASE of Red Apocalypse will be delayed until saturday or sunday (16th or 17th october).

When the server becomes activated, it will be on a test run for 24 hours, during which people should try out all the game features to see if there are any bugs in missions, especially massing and resource trading, and you can also try out other races.

When test run ends, the server will reset, and the round will last 3 months.

Round one should start somewhere between 5th November and 15th November

Last edited by Kenzu on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:54 am; edited 12 times in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Red Apocalypse Launch and End dates for Red Apocalypse rounds (Frequently Updated) Empty Re: Red Apocalypse Launch and End dates for Red Apocalypse rounds (Frequently Updated)

Post by Capt_Blood Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:26 am

I like the idea of the test run but I don't think that 24 hours is appropriate it the start date is Sunday the 17th as it will not allow everyone the opportunity to give it a fair trial.

I would suggest that it would be better if the trial was to run for the whole week as it would allow everyone to have a fair chance to test things out and also allow more time for Admin to reset the game over the next weekend.
Capt_Blood
Capt_Blood
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Alliance : The Legion of Blood
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Red Apocalypse Launch and End dates for Red Apocalypse rounds (Frequently Updated) Empty Re: Red Apocalypse Launch and End dates for Red Apocalypse rounds (Frequently Updated)

Post by Nomad Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:50 am

would be a much better idea TBH.

I mean thats the whole process of reset to be honest. You build on what you had the round before, and only the new features can be buggy. Here we are launching an entirely new game thats never been tested so I have to agree with the Captain here, a week is far more appropriate then just 24 hrs. A working person or a school bound person with no internet access will only get 2, 3, maybe 4 hrs at best to test it.

Your prolly looking at a fairly large amount of bug potential as well, and 24 hr wont find 1/2 of them if I was guessing.

EDIT

any way to narrow down launch time so we can be expecting it?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Sounds reasonable
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by J1nx Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:59 pm

Any word on when the launch will be?

J1nx
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:04 pm

J1nx wrote:Any word on when the launch will be?

Nomad wrote:
any way to narrow down launch time so we can be expecting it?

bump.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:08 pm

The game can be launched soon.

Either today or tomorrow.
Once it starts, turn ticks will be frozen for a couple hours, so players can get ready and rally at the server.

The server will be in a testing phase until next weekend.

Edit: The game will be launched either sunday or monday.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:38 pm

48 hrs is a wide spread Kenzu, any better idea as to actual launch?

And freezing ticks for a couple of hrs will help about 20%, even less if its not pre announced, but since its just a week beta I guess it will all work out.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:37 am

since its only test phase, it doesnt matter if someone starts immediately or with 1 day delay.

I hope to have the server running by 18.10.2010 20:00 GMT time.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:23 am

Kenzu wrote:
I hope to have the server running by 18.10.2010 20:00 GMT time.

TY
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:40 pm

Round one should start somewhere between 5th November and 15th November.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:42 am

I think there should be more time than that to find and work out any remaining bugs before starting the official round.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:47 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:I think there should be more time than that to find and work out any remaining bugs before starting the official round.

Kenzu has stated there will be more then 1 test/beta/round/ before "true/final" launch. Thats why he insists on calling AW2 a "reset" game even tho its planed to be a "non resetable" game.

Straight from the Wiki
Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse is a new reset server which is planned to be released as reset server in October 2010 and will restart once every 3 months. It will exist in addition to Aderan Wars - The Beginning.After a couple rounds, this server is planned to be restarted for the last time to become a non-reset server in 2011
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Yes, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a possibility of having RA as a reset server in addition to a RA game which doesn't reset. It all depends on its success.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:40 pm

That is a possibility as well Kenzu but i think you would need to make a lot of changes to RA to come up with a successful Reset version.

If RA has been designed for a less active style of play with only needing a couple of short logins per day then i don't think it would successfully port over into a reset version.

Personally i would rather see time being spent on development of the three current games (in the order of Main, Reset, RA) before a fourth incomplete game is introduced.

In fact I would have to say this is vital if you want to attract new players and retain existing ones. Variety is good but if things are not completed then people will quickly loose both interest and patients while wondering if there is any point to continue with any of the games.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:59 am

Manleva wrote:That is a possibility as well Kenzu but i think you would need to make a lot of changes to RA to come up with a successful Reset version.

If RA has been designed for a less active style of play with only needing a couple of short logins per day then i don't think it would successfully port over into a reset version.

Personally i would rather see time being spent on development of the three current games (in the order of Main, Reset, RA) before a fourth incomplete game is introduced.

In fact I would have to say this is vital if you want to attract new players and retain existing ones. Variety is good but if things are not completed then people will quickly loose both interest and patients while wondering if there is any point to continue with any of the games.

working on a 4th game and still not having completed the first is a bad idea. This AW2 game has already choked the real reset game out of existance for 3 months atleast, start work on a 4th game without finishing main atleast, and with this limited player base and it will make the administrative team look like they can finish anything they start and players will lose faith.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Nomad wrote:
Manleva wrote:That is a possibility as well Kenzu but i think you would need to make a lot of changes to RA to come up with a successful Reset version.

working on a 4th game and still not having completed the first is a bad idea. This AW2 game has already choked the real reset game out of existance for 3 months atleast, start work on a 4th game without finishing main atleast, and with this limited player base and it will make the administrative team look like they can finish anything they start and players will lose faith.

There is no fourth game. There are 3 different types. The Beginning, Evolutions and Red Apocalypse. I know of no fourth game.
You say it like main can be finished within a couple months, however the work to be done on main is much more than the work done on the other games. Also, since they are linked, a lot of time can be saved.

I'd say RL strains development on main server much more than development of Red Apocalypse or Evolutions combined.

-----------------------------------------------------------

All known bugs are planned to be fixed by 5th of November.
The server will be restarted to define all necessary commands for restarting, and to see if there are any bugs related to logging in the first time and playing the game after a reset.

Then on the 7th of November, Red Apocalypse will be born and the first 3 month round will start!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:16 am

Kenzu wrote:

There is no fourth game. There are 3 different types. The Beginning, Evolutions and Red Apocalypse. I know of no fourth game.
Its apparent you dont actually read what others write, but for goodness sake pay attention to what you write yourself Rolling Eyes
Spoiler:

Kenzu wrote:
Kenzu wrote:You say it like main can be finished within a couple months, however the work to be done on main is much more than the work done on the other games. Also, since they are linked, a lot of time can be saved.
Hopefully the game will NEVER be finished, a finished game is a dead game, and there is NO more work to be done here then any other game. Its all about commitment and while martin has shown a heck of a lot of commitment, when we as players see1 game(reset) shut down to promote another game, and then see you talking about a fourth game , when MAIN still has not seen some of the very BASIC updates promised a year ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well if you are unable to see how that looks then I am unable to explain it to someone with your limited vision.

I'd say RL strains development on main server much more than development of Red Apocalypse or Evolutions combined.
There is no arguement there, other then the fact that without 3 more games, ALL the admins time could be devoted to Main. I know 5 days were devoted to AW2, what could have been done in those 5 days for main? And thats just what i was told, there is no telling the true time commitment.

Kenzu wrote:All known bugs are planned to be fixed by 5th of November.
The server will be restarted to define all necessary commands for restarting, and to see if there are any bugs related to logging in the first time and playing the game after a reset.

Then on the 7th of November, Red Apocalypse will be born and the first 3 month round will start!

Will it just be one test round? or is that decided yet? TBH i have no intentions of wasting another 3 month of my time, and thats what it will be, "A Waste". There is nothing you can learn or fix you can't do in this very round. You just want to be able to refer to "your" game as a "resetable" when its not going to be, but whatever.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:53 am

If you want me to read something, then don't put it in spoilers.

How is RA which resets and an identical copy of it which doesnt reset more work than only 1 RA server?

And why do you assume that both will start before Red Apocalypse is completed?

I hope to have multiple rounds.
Also, even after all known bugs are fixed, there will definitely be some which will appear even after weeks or months, because not all bugs are easy to find.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:25 am

Kenzu wrote:If you want me to read something, then don't put it in spoilers.
it wasn't quoted for you, but for those who actually take the time and effort to look and see whats going on and what is said. I already told you I'll post ALL the long drawn out BS when I am speaking to you.
How is RA which resets and an identical copy of it which doesnt reset more work than only 1 RA server?
You can not prove to me that Admining 2 games is not more time consuming then 1, just logging in to 2 different games already proves there is more work, and if it were not more work the Reset server would not have needed to be terminated so RA could be born
And why do you assume that both will start before Red Apocalypse is completed?
Who said I did? You? As I stated elsewhere, a finished game is a dead game. So I hope you never finish it.
I hope to have multiple rounds.
Also, even after all known bugs are fixed, there will definitely be some which will appear even after weeks or months, because not all bugs are easy to find.
by that logic you will never launch AW2 as a non resetable, because you can always get bigger then you were before, so there is always a potential for previously undicovered bugs to be found

Good luck with it Kenzu, I hope you can make a playable game fairly quickly.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:32 am

By finished game I don't mean that nothing can be improved.
There is always room for improvement, no matter how good a game is.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:34 am

nice way to side step multiple questions.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:38 pm

1st round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse starts tomorrow
on the 7th November 2010 at 09:00 gametime (16:00 GMT, 17:00 Central European Time).
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:28 pm

It is possible that the release might be delayed by one or more hours.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:41 am

1st round of Aderan Wars - Red Apocalypse ends
on the 7th February 2011 at 14:00 gametime (22:00 GMT, 23:00 Central European Time).

(The end time has been delayed from 00:00 gametime due to the effects of Aderan Wars shifting to a new server. I apologise for the inconvenience)
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next