Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discussion

Post by Kenzu on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:32 pm

seaborgium wrote:
Trying to protect someone who logs in twice a day is dumb. All that is doing is killing the server. If everyone was protected like that then how would anyone make anything? All they would do is grow, and AE would kick that in the nuts too. Besides that makes this a barbie game, then again we have a doll with your name anyways, so why not find it a wife.

I have honestly considered leaving, due to AE, Trade Ratio, limits on paying officers, all of these complex farm policies. The game has become more complex and not really all that fun. When I have to save 500b to beable to mass someone, or I can just take it up the rear and save that 500b and put it into something a bit more useful.

If everyone grows faster, than AE grows faster too, and it would make no difference to anyone.

What doll are you referring to? And where is it?

The complext farm policies are made by players, not related to admins work. No one forces you to use it. Sometimes you have to fight for what you believe in, for example if you want to get rid of farming policies altogether, but then again this is a war game.

AE, Trade Ratio exists for reasons that everyone knows, AW isn't a game to follow the footsteps of unlogical, unrealistic games, where cheating is tolerated, and where everyone can mass for a fraction of the value he destroyed.

Also, you can mass anyone who is weaker than you immediately, no need to save up for that. Of course if you want to mass someone bigger than you it's unrealistic that you can mass him for much less than what he spent to build his military with.

Theoretical Example:
A country like say Canada, if it ever wanted to take over USA, would never be able to achieve that, even if they had same technology as US, and saved up for a century, they would never put USA to it's knees. If they cant defeat USA immediately without saving, why should you be able to defeat a bigger player in AW without saving up?

avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by seaborgium on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Yes and that is why a game opened 2 months ago have 4 times the numbers of AW, mainly do they don't have things like AE, and Trade Ratio.

I don't have to take on someone larger to lose much more.
[06 Oct] 05:23 XXX 0 Kuwal Stolen 10 2379 332 7,915,330,902 1,791,113,660 details

Notice the almost 4.5 times larger strike and yes the guy lost 2379 UU when he hit me, and I lost 332

Kenzu wrote:What doll are you referring to? And where is it?
What you haven't seen, Kenny the commie doll?
It was named for you and the ideas you keep pushing, coming up with
Kenzu wrote:The complext farm policies are made by players, not related to admins work. No one forces you to use it. Sometimes you have to fight for what you believe in, for example if you want to get rid of farming policies altogether, but then again this is a war game.
yet you keep trying to protect people who are inactive, or lazy.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Lord Ishurue on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:52 am

seaborgium wrote:Yes and that is why a game opened 2 months ago have 4 times the numbers of AW, mainly do they don't have things like AE, and Trade Ratio.

I don't have to take on someone larger to lose much more.
[06 Oct] 05:23 XXX 0 Kuwal Stolen 10 2379 332 7,915,330,902 1,791,113,660 details

Notice the almost 4.5 times larger strike and yes the guy lost 2379 UU when he hit me, and I lost 332

thats the part i dont like . if an overwhelming army invades your realm your troops would most likely retreat . causing less loses for the attacker .

yes SGU is very active . not sure if their success is due to AE . Stargate universe is a popular show .
avatar
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Age : 30
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Kenzu on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:38 am

SGU might have more registered players, but they have much less active players than Aderan Wars.

If there are two games and one has more registered players and the other one more active players, I consider the one with less active players a less successful game, and the fact that they have more registered players who don't play even though the game is so young makes me thing that the game is pretty bad.

SGU has over 5000 registered players and less than 200 active players.
(and this game is only 2 months old)
less than 4% registered keep playing.

Aderan Wars, 2 months after it started had merely 354 registered and 122 actives. over 34.5% of all registered were playing

I played sgw before, but that doesn't mean that I started playing the game because it was such a good game. I started playing it because I liked watching stargate, no doubt many register on SGU in the hopes it will be somehow related to the TV show, however soon after they register they realise how bad the game is and quit playing. That's why so few people out of so many registered still play it.

SGU as far as game development is concerned is lagging 10 years behind. If someone makes a game, they should not simply make a copy of a successful one, they should come with some original ideas, and make the game at least somewhat better than the previous one, and not copy all the flaws like SGU did.

avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by seaborgium on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:53 am

How do you know only 200 active?
I dont play it but I know it has changed a bit.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Nomad on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:59 am

How can it be 10 yrs behind?

If it a copy of another game then he must have copied a game older then 10yrs?
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Lord Ishurue on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Kenzu wrote:SGU might have more registered players, but they have much less active players than Aderan Wars.

If there are two games and one has more registered players and the other one more active players, I consider the one with less active players a less successful game, and the fact that they have more registered players who don't play even though the game is so young makes me thing that the game is pretty bad.

SGU has over 5000 registered players and less than 200 active players.
(and this game is only 2 months old)
less than 4% registered keep playing.

Aderan Wars, 2 months after it started had merely 354 registered and 122 actives. over 34.5% of all registered were playing

I played sgw before, but that doesn't mean that I started playing the game because it was such a good game. I started playing it because I liked watching stargate, no doubt many register on SGU in the hopes it will be somehow related to the TV show, however soon after they register they realise how bad the game is and quit playing. That's why so few people out of so many registered still play it.

SGU as far as game development is concerned is lagging 10 years behind. If someone makes a game, they should not simply make a copy of a successful one, they should come with some original ideas, and make the game at least somewhat better than the previous one, and not copy all the flaws like SGU did.




SGU has over 300 Active players . they also have had more wars then AWs has .

users online: 289 this is SGU
34 online now AWs . during Wars it hits maybe 80

avatar
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Age : 30
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Nomad on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:18 pm

What exactly are you tryin to say Ish?


Does SGU have AE as well?
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Lord Ishurue on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Nomad wrote:What exactly are you tryin to say Ish?


Does SGU have AE as well?

just clarifying the active players in SGU .

no it does not have AE .
avatar
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Age : 30
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by kingkongfan1 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:56 pm

What did I miss guys? what exactly was the origional discussion about cause I did not understand Kenzu's post? & why did it spin off into a convo about some other game? I thought that we already determined that AW is not like the other "bashemup" games? so what exactly is the subject of discussion in this thread?...
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 50
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Lord Ishurue on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:02 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:What did I miss guys? what exactly was the origional discussion about cause I did not understand Kenzu's post? & why did it spin off into a convo about some other game? I thought that we already determined that AW is not like the other "bashemup" games? so what exactly is the subject of discussion in this thread?...

( Question x Cool + Question = idk .

saw the thread and posted the bits theat seemed interesting i guess .


avatar
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Age : 30
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Kenzu on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:04 pm

seaborgium wrote:How do you know only 200 active?
I dont play it but I know it has changed a bit.

I had a look at the game, and some guide on how successful a site is, is also given also by analytic sites, such as Alexa.com, www.webinfostats.com, freewebsiteanalyst.com and others.

They will not provide too accurate information, but the information is good enough to make comparisons.

Nomad wrote:How can it be 10 yrs behind?

If it a copy of another game then he must have copied a game older then 10yrs?

Maybe 10 years is an overstatement, but it is definitely at least 5 years old. I can't judge what kind of online games existed 10 years ago, because I wasn't playing at that time.

It has practically identical gameplay to a game that existed even in 2005, furthermore there are at least 5 games which have stargate as their theme, and there are multiple games with SGU theme too. I even found a site where they seem to have an open source SGU mmorpg game.

http://sguniverse.sourceforge.net/index.html

Lord Ishurue wrote:



SGU has over 300 Active players . they also have had more wars then AWs has .

users online: 289 this is SGU
34 online now AWs . during Wars it hits maybe 80

I think it should be clear that "34 online now" means how many have been online in the last 60 minutes, while SGU "289" means how many have been online in the last 24 hours.

And a game which has roughly 5.000 registered in 3 months has 70 new people who log in each day, but don't continue playing, so 289 can actually mean that 200 of them are regular players logging in each day and 89 are new players who logged in the first time (and 96% won't log in again).

Also if SGU definition of users online is online in last 3 days, then 289 will mean something completely different.
You can probably check yourself how the number is changing, if it varies only a little bit, then it takes into account a larger period of time than if it varies a lot each hour.

---------------
@Ishurue.
I guess the best way to find out how many players a game has is to play a game for a couple days, and those who have a higher rank than you are probably all active players.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Vesper on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:10 am

Kenzu wrote:
SGU has over 5000 registered players and less than 200 active players.
(and this game is only 2 months old)
less than 4% registered keep playing.

Aderan Wars, 2 months after it started had merely 354 registered and 122 actives. over 34.5% of all registered were playing

I played sgw before, but that doesn't mean that I started playing the game because it was such a good game. I started playing it because I liked watching stargate, no doubt many register on SGU in the hopes it will be somehow related to the TV show, however soon after they register they realise how bad the game is and quit playing. That's why so few people out of so many registered still play it.

SGU as far as game development is concerned is lagging 10 years behind. If someone makes a game, they should not simply make a copy of a successful one, they should come with some original ideas, and make the game at least somewhat better than the previous one, and not copy all the flaws like SGU did.


OKay so many things wrong with your post I don't know where to begin. Who cares how many people stuck around at the 2 month mark. What matters is that the game continues to change for the good. Meaning that a game such as SGUW continues to fix its flaws and increase the amount of players that stuck around while AW fails to attract any new players what so ever.

AW has what currently 200 active players, and by active I mean logged in this past week at least 3 times. Which means you are down from a remarkable 33% active player base down to 5%. It was obviously nothing with the original game since you said it yourself that you had people staying and playing. So when you and your brother started all of these ridiculous updates is where I assume you lost your players.

SGUW has at least 5% of an active player base. I would lean more towards 600/4,838 are active which is a 12.5% rate. Compared to the initial 4% that you gave them credit for it sounds to me like that game is increasing its activity while this 1 is on a serious decline.
avatar
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Discussion

Post by Phyurie on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:52 pm

The subject of the thread is discussion after all, so I'll throw in my two cents.
Actually make that my $10. It is rare that I will pay for a game. Considering this is a textbased tickbased game, I would almost never consider paying for it. Except that when I decided to go ahead and get SS and pay real money for this game, I thought this game (while not the best) had the most potential of any current game like it. And I really enjoy these types of games. I've been playing them since Age 1 KoC in 2003.
Fastforward to today. A lot of the simplicity of the game is gone with arbitrary things like PTR introduced. I attack an active player maybe once a week because of the prohibitive cost of just farming and the low amount of actives. War is a massive mistake for both sides, everyone gets decimated beyond belief regardless of who wins. So more and more I can log in twice a day for under a minute and be done. And that's enough.
Don't get me wrong, this isn't my game. I don't have the capability to code such a game, I don't host one, etc. But from a players point of view, I'm becoming less and less inclined to keep playing this game actively, and certainly not inclined to spend more money on it.
Consider Reset. It was fun. And there were maybe twenty really active players. But it was simple and relatively fast paced and if you messed up, hey, there's another cycle coming. If there had been 200 really active players, it would have probably been the best game of this genre I had ever played. Even with the massive costs for attacking.
Reset is gone, replaced with a buggy incredibly complicated barely understood other game. The bonuses for Reset still haven't been handed out, and while the server should return eventually, given all the problems with the other reset server, who knows. Main feels dead. I liked where this game was going when I bought SS, but I don't know that this game is still going there. It is increasingly unpolished and ...boring. Dark Throne is looking more and more attractive again.

tl;dr
Current AW = meh.

Phyurie
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 2754
Age : 28
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by kingkongfan1 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Spoiler:
Phyurie wrote:The subject of the thread is discussion after all, so I'll throw in my two cents.
Actually make that my $10. It is rare that I will pay for a game. Considering this is a textbased tickbased game, I would almost never consider paying for it. Except that when I decided to go ahead and get SS and pay real money for this game, I thought this game (while not the best) had the most potential of any current game like it. And I really enjoy these types of games. I've been playing them since Age 1 KoC in 2003.
Fastforward to today. A lot of the simplicity of the game is gone with arbitrary things like PTR introduced. I attack an active player maybe once a week because of the prohibitive cost of just farming and the low amount of actives. War is a massive mistake for both sides, everyone gets decimated beyond belief regardless of who wins. So more and more I can log in twice a day for under a minute and be done. And that's enough.
Don't get me wrong, this isn't my game. I don't have the capability to code such a game, I don't host one, etc. But from a players point of view, I'm becoming less and less inclined to keep playing this game actively, and certainly not inclined to spend more money on it.
Consider Reset. It was fun. And there were maybe twenty really active players. But it was simple and relatively fast paced and if you messed up, hey, there's another cycle coming. If there had been 200 really active players, it would have probably been the best game of this genre I had ever played. Even with the massive costs for attacking.
Reset is gone, replaced with a buggy incredibly complicated barely understood other game. The bonuses for Reset still haven't been handed out, and while the server should return eventually, given all the problems with the other reset server, who knows. Main feels dead. I liked where this game was going when I bought SS, but I don't know that this game is still going there. It is increasingly unpolished and ...boring. Dark Throne is looking more and more attractive again.

tl;dr
Current AW = meh.

reset wasn't fun for me, I hated it, but other than that I agree 110% with what you say here, took the words right out of my mouth actually... the only other thing that I would add is that it would be nice if main were "finished" (for lack of a better word)...
don't know what Dark Throne is tho, will have to check it out...
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 50
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Kenzu on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Phyurie wrote:The subject of the thread is discussion after all, so I'll throw in my two cents.
Actually make that my $10. It is rare that I will pay for a game. Considering this is a textbased tickbased game, I would almost never consider paying for it. Except that when I decided to go ahead and get SS and pay real money for this game, I thought this game (while not the best) had the most potential of any current game like it. And I really enjoy these types of games. I've been playing them since Age 1 KoC in 2003.
Fastforward to today. A lot of the simplicity of the game is gone with arbitrary things like PTR introduced. I attack an active player maybe once a week because of the prohibitive cost of just farming and the low amount of actives. War is a massive mistake for both sides, everyone gets decimated beyond belief regardless of who wins. So more and more I can log in twice a day for under a minute and be done. And that's enough.
Don't get me wrong, this isn't my game. I don't have the capability to code such a game, I don't host one, etc. But from a players point of view, I'm becoming less and less inclined to keep playing this game actively, and certainly not inclined to spend more money on it.
Consider Reset. It was fun. And there were maybe twenty really active players. But it was simple and relatively fast paced and if you messed up, hey, there's another cycle coming. If there had been 200 really active players, it would have probably been the best game of this genre I had ever played. Even with the massive costs for attacking.
Reset is gone, replaced with a buggy incredibly complicated barely understood other game. The bonuses for Reset still haven't been handed out, and while the server should return eventually, given all the problems with the other reset server, who knows. Main feels dead. I liked where this game was going when I bought SS, but I don't know that this game is still going there. It is increasingly unpolished and ...boring. Dark Throne is looking more and more attractive again.

tl;dr
Current AW = meh.

So where was the game going at that time?
What was your impression? What kind of updates came at that time?

And what kind of updates are you hoping for main to come out with with highest priority (from your point of view)? Which updates do you strive for the most?
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Phyurie on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:34 pm

Kenzu wrote:So where was the game going at that time?
What was your impression? What kind of updates came at that time?

And what kind of updates are you hoping for main to come out with with highest priority (from your point of view)? Which updates do you strive for the most?

At that time, the game was simpler than now. The major update that had not occurred that I dislike was PTR (and the other market changes). I was looking forward at the time to airforce being finished and then the game being finished -- I don't know that that was ever the plan though, that was just what I was wanting.
The update I want the most (besides the reset bonuses) is to finish main. One good game trumps 2 half done ones. I also would like it if somehow the server was made more active -- more AT, a lower AT cost for missions, lower cost to go to war, or something like that. I mean, lets face it: when one side has overwhelming power, it shouldn't hurt them more than it hurts their enemies to go to war. For this being a "war" game, there is absolutely no incentive to mass or go to war other than enforcing rules or personal vendettas. And in a perfect world, those things would never start wars.

Phyurie
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 2754
Age : 28
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Vesper on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:33 am

Well I think that all you would need to do to figure out which updates killed the game Kenzu would go read the posts that a majority of the players made as the admin was releasing the updates. The first update that nearly all the player-base argued against was the Personal bonus update. After that every update Uro released was worse and worse. It eventually got to a point where I didn't even come to the forums to give my opinion about the updates because everything that I said or anyone else said got completely ignored unless it was what uro wanted. If he "thought" it would help the game he put it in regardless of how we the players, the people that paid in the past to play this game felt.

Personal bonus restriction, race based (FORCED us to play a less specialized style of play)
Weapon Upkeep (FORCED us to pay even more for the already expensive weapons there by reducing income and making growth even harder)
Transfer Ratio (FORCES players to play admins style of play, no more trading or alliance projects)
I dont even know what this was called but how about the admin forcing players to have a certain percent of their army as income workers and not allowing them to play how they wanted.


Basically Uro FORCED us to play his way and left us with very little wiggle room. Then instead of fixing main and making it more how the players wanted he goes and works on a reset server. I mean how about we finish one thing before starting another? How about we actually do release all of the medals and awards? Maybe we can do that empire update that was talked about so very long ago? O how about we work on starport! I mean its not like that wasn't something every player looked forward to since the day they signed up.

Whenever someone assumes power and lets it go to their head and they act without listening to the community that person is removed from power. Since that is not possible in this case, everyone is either leaving the game or just being very very hopeful that changes are made soon. Before admin released his ridiculous I want all the money update with his PTR that prevented players from buying other players accounts. A decent portion of players played this game seriously just so they could make money for themselves. Admin absolutely butchered that which stunted all money flow in the game. To him or not to him now I seriously doubt any money is being spent. I used to be serious about this game. Honestly I probably spent more money on this game then most in hopes that it would go somewhere. I spent more money on aderan then anygame I ever played because of how wishful I was. Now I wonder what sorta delusion I was under. I honestly feel that this game was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made with all that has happened. I wish I could say I enjoyed playing this game right up until the day I was no longer able but that would be a lie. I enjoyed this game until admin started doing his own thing and ignoring the players.

There is a bug in my account that despite how many days I logged in keeps me at bronze loyalty. I know for a fact I logged in more then the required amount of days for silver maybe even gold. But the first time i told Uro was over MSN and he told me that I will get the medal when I should, there is nothing wrong with my account. Next about a month later after still not receiving the medal I posted again and this time other people had similar issues so he actually paid attention. He diagnosed the problem but did nothing and just told us he would fix it. Couple days later about a week problem is still not fixed, i posted again and then he said he will do it in 2 days. To this day he still never fixed the bug in my account and I doubt he fixed it for anybody else. Instead of taking care of main he is off playing with some other game while this dies.
avatar
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Kenzu on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Phyurie wrote:
Kenzu wrote:So where was the game going at that time?
What was your impression? What kind of updates came at that time?

And what kind of updates are you hoping for main to come out with with highest priority (from your point of view)? Which updates do you strive for the most?

At that time, the game was simpler than now. The major update that had not occurred that I dislike was PTR (and the other market changes). I was looking forward at the time to airforce being finished and then the game being finished -- I don't know that that was ever the plan though, that was just what I was wanting.
The update I want the most (besides the reset bonuses) is to finish main. One good game trumps 2 half done ones. I also would like it if somehow the server was made more active -- more AT, a lower AT cost for missions, lower cost to go to war, or something like that. I mean, lets face it: when one side has overwhelming power, it shouldn't hurt them more than it hurts their enemies to go to war. For this being a "war" game, there is absolutely no incentive to mass or go to war other than enforcing rules or personal vendettas. And in a perfect world, those things would never start wars.

You realise that if everyone has more AT then the players are not going to farm more kuwal, the only thing that changes will be the requirement to spend more time on farming to get the same kuwal.
Let's say we double the amount of kuwal that are produced.
Farmable kuwal produced is still the same, so everyone will have to farm for half the price.
Instead of farming 200 million with a mission, people will be farming for 100 million per mission
because of this market prices for turns will get halved.

How does it benefit the game?
You might say that people who like farming will like the game more, but I believe everyone's time is too precious, and shouldn't be wasted.
The game has much more to offer than farming, and I personally farm only make sure that I keep up with other players. I far more prefer alliance management, trading in the galactic market, ingame politics and fine tuning of economies.

But it seems to me that you want more turns so that massing is cheap in terms of attack turn cost. If that's what you want, then I recommend you to support a game suggestion I have written to lower attack turn cost for all hostile missions to 1 AT and 5/10 ST per mission.

In Aderan Wars, just like in reality, war itself is no benefit, because both sides lose resources that could have been used to grow, which gives them a disadvantage against the other players.
Obviously wars are made to spread more influence, to "solve" disputes and conflicts, and to prevent a first strike being cast on oneself.

---------------------

@Vesper
Personal bonus restriction, race based (FORCED us to play a less specialized style of play)
I dont think that its huge restriction instead of putting 30/30 points in attack if you are Daning, than now maximum 27/30.
That's barely a change.

Weapon Upkeep (FORCED us to pay even more for the already expensive weapons there by reducing income and making growth even harder)
I am also against Weapon Upkeep, but for other reasons.
Slowing down growth is a good thing, because it can prevent hyperinflation, which is devastating all economies.
However the reason why I don't like weapon upkeep is that it increases the cost for farmers to farm active players dramatically, because not only they need a high investment in weapons and are at risk of getting massed for angering those who they farm, but now they also have high costs each day due to upkeep, which makes farming actives much less lucrative.

Transfer Ratio (FORCES players to play admins style of play, no more trading or alliance projects)
I rather see a couple people quit playing themselves, than banning even more players who believe that what they have done was "still ok".
Those who got a bad transfer ratio are usually the ones complaining the most. But there were only 2 options for making this game more fair for everyone.
Either ban everyone who gained an advantage over other players or to create a system which will prevent such things to continue.

It's obvious that if someone leaves the game and gives you all his resources, you will have an unfair advantage over other players, because they didn't get such an amount of resources.
And it doesn't matter if you sent these resources from your multi-account that you access through a proxy, or asked a friend to play for a couple months to build up an account and transfer the resources to you, if you bought the resources for real cash from some other player, or even if you donated to Aderan Wars and got the resources as a thank you.
ALL OF THEM GIVE YOU AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE

However if you sent only a small fraction of what you produce and you play the game because you like it, and not because you want to sell resources for cash, then it's ok. Small transfers won't change the game much anyway. If a player receives 500.000 untrained, well ok. But if there are players who received millions of untrained, then

Also, if you donated to AW, and got the resources, this is obviously legal and acceptable, and even though we would earn much more money if people could donate as much as possible, and paid more resources per $, we don't do that. There is a restriction how much you can donate (100$), and even someone who would want to donate say 1000$, can't do that, because we won't allow that. Someone getting so many resources would be rank 1 because of buying himself to the top. And that's not acceptable. The maximum is 100$ and someone who wants to donate a lot cannot donate more than 75$ per month. We wouldn't put such restriction if it was not necessary, but it is. Another problem with people sending resources to others without limits is that someone could simply buy out a couple players accounts to have a super account. He could for example spend his 1000$ to buy the accounts of other players. This shows that without a transfer ratio the donation restriction would be completely useless, because a player would be able to buy much more resources than healthy for the game. Also, it's impossible to see who paid real cash for buying resources and who obtained them by simply making a multi-account with a proxy, or with the help of a friend. The only way to prevent cheating is by not leaving any loopholes.

I do believe however that if transfer ratio got introduced straight from the beginning of the game, there would be much less people against it.

I dont even know what this was called but how about the admin forcing players to have a certain percent of their army as income workers and not allowing them to play how they wanted.
It was an update to prevent players from having negative income.
People with massive militaries (most units being military units), and high weapon upkeep had a very small income. Problem was if they had officers and then switched to overtime. It was possible to have negative income, which means that you would actually drain income from your officers.
This update has been removed. Now there is no restriction, and if you happen to have negative income, you will automatically kick your officers and if it persists you will sell 10% of your weapons automatically.

Geez, people from US and West Europe seem to be against any restricitons, even against restrictions which help them.
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Vesper on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:16 pm

Kenzu wrote:I rather see a couple people quit playing themselves, than banning even more players who believe that what they have done was "still ok".

Honestly, don't you think its easier to block proxies then to add this update? I'm just curious, how many players actually did get banned that you caught just by implementing this update? According to the ban list your great feeder catcher update has caught absolutely nobody! So this update not only made active players quit but has caught you absolutely no cheaters what so ever. Good job on that one. And yes if admin added the PTR update from the start this would have never been argued against. OR if he reset it to 0 like everybody asked when he did release it this would have never been argued against. But because he elected to release it now despite us saying no, then not giving everyone a clean slate like we asked, he is causing players to quit. This is just 1 of the updates.

I notice that you completely ignored the part of my post where admin completely ignored the loyalty medal bug in my account for at least 3 months now despite being informed about it countless times.

People liked this game as it was, then admin just released too many huge updates that made the game way different then it was. We did like it, so why did he change it? What was he possibly thinking when he releases 5 or 6 huge updates back to back without listening to the players?
avatar
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:26 pm

there's going to be a poll shortly that will address a number of issues people have been having.

a number of things I have to address:
loyalty medal, it took so long because only several people were affected, each of them was telling me something else about when they started to play and what actions they did or didn't do. That kinda made it harder to find out that a totally unrelated issue which happened several months back could have been the reason for it.

feeders, I cannot agree with your conclusion that just because no one got banned, that it didn't any effect at all.

PTR preventing alliance projects: I've participated in enough to know how they work.
Peace time: big players fund small players to increase their growth
War time: small players fund big players with good techs to maximize fighting potential.
If big players first send away stuff, then later get it back, how will that not neutralize their PTR again?
So far not a single person was able to explain me that.

Race bonus limits: when you farm people and your strike bonus is 8% lower from a bonus anywhere around 190-220% than it could be. does it really make such a huge difference?
However to an individual player, these 8 points will be a big difference because if they go 10 atk, 10 def, 10 cov, the worst they can expect is to get attacked by someone who has 24 points in attack, or covert instead of 30 (a difference of 40%, since the difference in power is only 14 points instead of 20)

That being said i have almost finished 4 of my 7 courses (will be done next week) i'm doing this semester. Needless to say I'll have a lot more time than the last 2 months, and will get first part of airforce done (building fighters, destroying factories, reduce income through bombarding) by december 1st, among other things

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum