Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round end questions

+6
kingkongfan1
J1nx
Admin
Manleva
nobel
Nomad
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round end questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Round end questions

Post by seaborgium Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:27 pm

tbh I like this idea, I think it works, and Its kinda funny that I got some, as I didn't do anything, much on the server hehe

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:31 pm

seaborgium wrote:tbh I like this idea, I think it works, and Its kinda funny that I got some, as I didn't do anything, much on the server hehe
there's a bunch of people who received like 0.0003 $, etc.
if you did some minimal amount of actions on the server then you got something, obviously that amount will be tiny as to be insignificant
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:35 pm

yeah i understand, tbh I really do liek the idea of its 100$ base for everyone then it gets calced from there.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:42 pm

seaborgium wrote:yeah i understand, tbh I really do liek the idea of its 100$ base for everyone then it gets calced from there.
it's a one time thing , there wont be any further bonuses in any other rounds
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J1nx Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:44 pm

watz the incentive to play additional reset rounds if there is no bonus? study

J1nx
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Admin wrote:
seaborgium wrote:yeah i understand, tbh I really do liek the idea of its 100$ base for everyone then it gets calced from there.
it's a one time thing , there wont be any further bonuses in any other rounds

That is a shame. Good idea however.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Amazing, its identical to another game LOL.

Would you be so kind as to explain what it took to get ranked? and what gave more points rank or experiance?

I think like sea, not a bad system, but most definitrely not worth the disgust created over something not needed and never to be used again.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Nomad wrote:Amazing, its identical to another game LOL.
The total value is identical, which was also the point since it'd be stupid if i gave out 400$ worth of stuff and then RA gave out only 100, or the other way around.
So I dont think it's either amazing or surprising.

rank played no value directly, you got a bonus if you had at least a minor amount of stuff killed (chances are if you played a bit and got farmed and killed some attackers, that was already enough)
Account value in kuwal and units did though (and if you have high rank, you have many trained soldiers and weapons hence a lot of kuwal invested)
as well as the value and amount of units and weapons you destroyed (this value kept growing over time, to simulate the value you'd end up with had you used this to grow instead)

take the sum of these values and then compare it to the global sums, obviously the more you killed or the more you grew the bigger your portion of the cake hence bigger bonus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:Amazing, its identical to another game LOL.
The total value is identical, which was also the point since it'd be stupid if i gave out 400$ worth of stuff and then RA gave out only 100, or the other way around.
So I dont think it's either amazing or surprising.
You will just have to overlook me, I just dont see the point of making 4 or 5 identical games is all

rank played no value directly, you got a bonus if you had at least a minor amount of stuff killed (chances are if you played a bit and got farmed and killed some attackers, that was already enough)
Account value in kuwal and units did though (and if you have high rank, you have many trained soldiers and weapons hence a lot of kuwal invested)
as well as the value and amount of units and weapons you destroyed (this value kept growing over time, to simulate the value you'd end up with had you used this to grow instead)

take the sum of these values and then compare it to the global sums, obviously the more you killed or the more you grew the bigger your portion of the cake hence bigger bonus
I think I understand, just explain 1 thing for my sake. If I had more experiance(by a large amount) was larger in size, better techs and levels, and better weapon class, BUT was a few ranks lower due to massing at rounds end, why was the guy with rank rewarded more then I was?

Oh and either way I am just glad its over and done and will never be done again. Now we can move on to greener fields.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:52 pm

the guy with rank was rewarded more because his account was worth more not because they had a better rank
more defense action means more kuwal invested means more bonus

basically, if on the last day you spent 50 bil kuwal massing (and probably killed around 50 bil kuwal worht of stuff), and the other spent 50 bil kuwal on getting techs, both of you would have the same bonus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks for explaining Admin
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2