Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reset server affecting main

+13
Nimras
lil monsters
Capt_Blood
Osyndicate
Steveanaya
ian
kingkongfan1
Lucien Lachance
melonhead
Admin
Vesper
Nomad
Casshern
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

should reset affect main?

reset server affecting main - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%reset server affecting main - Page 3 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
reset server affecting main - Page 3 Vote_lcap77%reset server affecting main - Page 3 Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 20 ]
reset server affecting main - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%reset server affecting main - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 26

reset server affecting main - Page 3 Empty Re: reset server affecting main

Post by Casshern Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Admin wrote:
Nimras wrote:and if you read here on the VOTE most of the players is against it here as well
There is no poll about whether or not a bonus being given on main in return for playing on reset, see reply to casshern above who made the same fallacious conclusion

how exactly does this not fit with the poll already asked. If you give a bonus for playing rest in main that mean that rest affects main but anyway since that poll wasn't right, i created another with a more direct question. please find it here. https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f1/should-there-be-a-bonus-given-on-main-for-playing-reset-thread-for-poll-t1802.htm#21492
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Casshern Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Capt_Blood wrote:
And one final point, this game is not our's it belongs to Admin and he's the person who does all of the work and pays all of the bills. Some may Donate and are rewarded for that but I doubt that the amount of donations go anywhere near paying all of the bills so I will support anything that Admin wants to do to try and improve the player base.
I disagree here. the admin pays the bills but the money for this comes from players buying stuff on the cash market. There is not many people that would keep a game like this going out of there own pockets without donations. Also bringing in an update like this makes this game more like gw with linked ascended and main
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Casshern wrote:how exactly does this not fit with the poll already asked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_the_undistributed_middle

General question being translated to a specific problem contained within that general question.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Admin wrote:
Nimras wrote:and if you read here on the VOTE most of the players is against it here as well
There is no poll about whether or not a bonus being given on main in return for playing on reset, see reply to casshern above who made the same fallacious conclusion

No there is a POLL asking if RESET SHOULD AFFECT MAIN.

So basicly what the poll does is it not only take care of the BONUS it takes care of everything.

What you have in this vote is a proof that most voted NO we do not want the RESET to AFFECT MAIN server WHAT SO EVER.

No if people VOTE NO to RESET should AFFECT MAIN then they also vote no to the Bonus you talk about as well as any other thing you ever could come up with.

Therefore what i posted was true.

I know very well what the poll says but the poll takes everything up and dilivers a big NO therefore you can't deny my post what so ever.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 pm

There is nothing wrong with giving an incentive to people who play reset server. Afterall the more people play, the better for the server.

And it seems that people seem to care much more about whether a bonus is given, than about how much this bonus will be.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Kenzu wrote:There is nothing wrong with giving an incentive to people who play reset server. Afterall the more people play, the better for the server.

And it seems that people seem to care much more about whether a bonus is given, than about how much this bonus will be.

You just do not get it, & I doubt you ever will...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne0 Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:44 pm

maybe,
on 2 conditions:

1) there has to be an announcement for every round the reset server gives bonus to main, before the round starts.
(this means the rounds that just ended dosen't qualify for bonus to the main)

2) Player activity should be the main focus of the bonus, Not Military experience.
(this means that, someone who logs in the first day donates money to get huge army and pummels everyone in sight but never logs in again, shouldn't get more bonus than, someone who plays everyday but never attacks anyone.)
Ne0
Ne0
Mercenary
Mercenary

ID : 4733
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:55 pm

So when do we see what kind of achievement points we have obtained in the last reset and where do we find them?

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:51 pm

What you don't seem to be able to grasp Kenzu, are these things.

1. It wasnt announced until AFTER reset was launched.

2. The exacts of it still have not been defined even now AFTER the round has ended as Admin has stated war experiance is counted and you say it pure rank.

3. IF you have to BRIBE someone to play a game, well it says alot about the game doesn't it?

4. Why do you find it fair to give an even bigger advantage to someone simply because they are active when they already have a massive advantage just from being active? I mean you think it would be fair for myself, and you to play main, for the exact same amount of time, using the same amount of AT, raiding the same amount of UU, but in the end one or the other of us is given an advantage because they played another game that is not tied to this one in any way shape or form?

Heck, why not give all us SGW players bonuses for playing SGW? Or Dune, or any other MMORPG? I can see a set up like ascended where the games are tied and you can effect people in one from the other, but thats not the case here, so WHY the ties between the games?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Casshern Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:06 am

i'm not going to even to try discuss this anymore. i totally disagree with it (especially since it was announced after rest started) but since admin views his opinion as infallible, what can we the non omnipotent people do to get our views across
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:46 am

I know a few other updates that we can say the same thing.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt_Blood Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:10 am

Hmmm, I would hardly call 25 votes a reflection of the overall opinion of the active player base.

I would also have to say that the tone of some of the comments here are more likely to make people want to leave the forum rather than post their own opinion.
Capt_Blood
Capt_Blood
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Alliance : The Legion of Blood
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down