[ 5 ]
15% 15% 
[ 6 ]
54% 54% 
[ 22 ]

Total Votes : 40

Re: Supporter Status

Post by Admin on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:01 am

Halaryel wrote:Because many people will jut not read forum, not listen, whine, cry for the money they spent for ressource while you ban them.... I bet you'll get a big headacke.
There are other ways of sending people a message and i know not everyone reads the forums, you can be certain that it's very easy to make sure that everyone who trades is aware of the rule that for some period of time doing cross server trades is forbidden.

In that scenario:
About the not listening part, hey they are the ones to get banned, if you tell a kid it should not touch a flame because it will burn him/herself and it still touches it, there's not much you're gonna do.
Whining, as that being temporary i fail to see the point in that, they can just keep on playing and sell the stuff a bit later, big deal.
And the crying part, see the not listening part.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stars on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:44 pm

for time being I just want the ingame market to go live already Razz

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : THE IMPERIUM EMPIRE
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:14 am

i will enjoy being able to go see my girlfriend in saigon with 48h ppt... wihtout having to ask going cyber café every 2 hours because peoples to hit me with their truck just because they have 2 days ahead and one more tech level.....

Supporter status is to allow player to players trade, but yet with the current situation it will only allow some players to get a unfair advantage and trade units for insane prices pretending the trade is legit......

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:01 am

1) the bigger always grow faster, that's why i'm putting in that income limiter
2) public market will give you access to free protection

3) I'm leaning on not releasing supporter status before march at least.
Coding it, is not a big deal, it's easily manageable in a weekend including bugfixing and being really 100% it works.

But when a game starts out it should be about individual ability and how you can work with others (to make sure you don't get farmed too much or anything), the public market will be a sufficient addition for now.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 666 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:10 am

yeaaa 12/24 hour protection would be gr8, just no resources for a few more months

Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:30 pm

I think Basic SS should be released around April-May. What is different about this game is that you need to find the right balance, you can't just buy UU behind a big defense and with the income buy more UU , increase UP and so on ..... having SS would allow people not to try and work out a good strategy .... they find themselves with too many UUs they can just sell them, they can use the market not to be "punished" by their mistakes.

In order to keep the server running buying protection for $ could be started in February and also make a way to just donate without getting anything in return, not many will use it, but some will if you catch them in the right mood and they hit someone who missed the end of their PPT Wink

If SS comes too fast multies are gonna be a problem because it takes time to achieve a hierarchy ..... a new account doing resource gathering in order to be taken/transfered to the main account will help much more in the beginning ... take sgw for example, if you are a 100 mil account it makes no sense to have a multi ... you could get from it after some investments resources worth 1-2 tril naq a week but the big players make 1-2 tril more then you every day so you are mostly wasting your time, the risk is much bigger then the gain. But gaining now 300-350k Kuwal / day would make quite a difference.

Also, you are 100% right when you say cross game trading can not be controlled, so it's better to make sure it's not possible for a while for the same reasons as above .... it will make a much bigger impact now as will do resources that come from USS or from a $ market.

Maybe it would be a good thing to implement something that I saw in another game (not sgw type): you have a limited ammount of trades/transfers/brokers every day, but how much you can send is linked to a stat/tech or more (for example you can send 100x your UP of UUs or 20% of your bank size of Kuwal). This will prevent something like a mobile PPT bank for alliances, will help a bit with multies and will prevent people who stay on all day to gain resources just from buying cheaper and selling for more.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:08 pm

rflash wrote:If SS comes too fast multies are gonna be a problem because it takes time to achieve a hierarchy ..... a new account doing resource gathering in order to be taken/transfered to the main account will help much more in the beginning ... take sgw for example, if you are a 100 mil account it makes no sense to have a multi ... you could get from it after some investments resources worth 1-2 tril naq a week but the big players make 1-2 tril more then you every day so you are mostly wasting your time, the risk is much bigger then the gain. But gaining now 300-350k Kuwal / day would make quite a difference.
As some people know, detecting multies will not be hard for me as I have a copy of the game running on my home computer. I can just run a script to check outgoing resource value as well as incoming resource value coupled with amount of trades sent and then just have the script highlight suspicious accounts. Additionally by flagging safe accounts (accounts which are unlikely to be multying or have been cleared individually) I can severly increase the accuracy of that script.
Best part is I can write any sorts of scripts even cross checking literally for tons of factors for every single user and not worry about game efficiency being impaired as it's just my personal computer which will be running the tests.

rflash wrote:Maybe it would be a good thing to implement something that I saw in another game (not sgw type): you have a limited ammount of trades/transfers/brokers every day, but how much you can send is linked to a stat/tech or more (for example you can send 100x your UP of UUs or 20% of your bank size of Kuwal). This will prevent something like a mobile PPT bank for alliances, will help a bit with multies and will prevent people who stay on all day to gain resources just from buying cheaper and selling for more.
The idea has merit, but again there are people who take on the role of the middleman and I would not like to prevent such strategies whether you grow by buying low and selling high (although if i feel the market efficiency is being impaired, i.e. with the creation of oligopolies I might add some limits, however that will be last resort moves) or instead spend your time raiding or farming should be everyone's choice, but should remain a choice nonetheless.
Plus that would basically forbid new players to save up some units and then sell them in bulk in order to advance their account further (because as you know small accounts can vastly improve their growth by selling untrained and investing into up when it's still cheap.)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:15 am

I totaly agree with this last suggestion, i think i've made it in dunewars because peoples are using broker and market to store their ressources and buy high level covert while they could not alone. I think it could be linked to bank size and a tech.

Also that's the kind of tech hualu could have a bonus into, we could also see some specialized and thrustworthy alliance that are banking gold for other peoples project with a % on it and with their increased broker size they can send you everything in one go. I very like that kind of idea.

about the rest of rflash post i agree too...

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:11 am

small update on this, instead of permanent trading bonuses I will probably put in that you get trading ability only for a set period of time.

I.e.
Basic Supporter Package (price 10$):
- Trading ability given for 9 months

Protection Package (price 10$):
- 2 Day protection
- Very few market reserves

Normal Supporter Package (price 25$):
- Trading ability given for 12 months
- Protection for 2 Days
- Some resources extra
- Bank increase 15% of raw size
- A few market reserves

Grand Supporter Package (price 50$):
- Trading ability given for 15 months
- Protection for 2 Days
- Bank increase 40% of raw size
- Some resources extra (around 2.5 Times more than Normal SP)
- A several market reserves

The market reserves is so that if the bank increase is not enough you can spend them on increasing the bank additionally, or get another protection after a week or whatever.

The protection you get is not additive to the 2 day protection you can get on the ingame market, i'll probably simply prevent anyone from buying or receiving a Normal, Grand or the protection package if they were on a 2 day protection in the last week. Because I wanted to prevent anyone from being able to receive more than 1 package per week anyway.

So considering you can get a 9 month extension for 10$ i think even those who do not have access to paypal or anything should be able to get it through ingame trades.

I'll also think of some other extra features for the different packages maybe but I'll have to be careful cos i want someone who didn't buy the Grand Package not to be in a disadvantage to someone who bought it.
So I think the differences will be mostly cosmetic, for a better gameplay experience

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarakai Kenpachi on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 am

i think this is a great idea.

although i would like to say i dont want to see UP boost as part of SS.

something along the lines of:

Supporter package:

1 days of your natural unit production
1.5 days of your natural kuwal production
1 day of natural turn production

Grand Supporter Package

2 days natural unit production
3 days natural kuwal production
2 days natural turn production

at least with these bonuses you dont get too far ahead. the SGW bonuses are a bit over the top especially if you can afford to buy one each week :S
Zarakai Kenpachi
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casshern on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:22 am

So considering you can get a 9 month extension for 10$ i think even those who do not have access to paypal or anything should be able to get it through ingame trades.

but how can they trade ingame resources for it when they don't have pt. honestly everyone should be able to trade after they construct something. If not will just lead to the point where people who put money into game will have huge advantages over those who don't. i do understand that money needs to be made to keep game going but could that not be done by giving market reserves and other stuff
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:35 am

Casshern wrote:

but how can they trade ingame resources for it when they don't have pt.
there's always someone who offers to buy someone an ingame package for $ in return for ingame resources.

and considering those kinds of trades will be sanctioned ingame and supported with the broker it means that neither side is at a risk of getting scammed.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Yep ..... ability to trade is a premium feature .... you can play without having the ability to trade with other players .... after all you can buy enough resources from the market.

A modified version of the trade broker, accessible also to those that don't have SS can be used ..... it requires very little extra coding and it's 100% safe.

Direct transfer shouldn't be possible .... sending direct then someone you can't trade with (same IP for example) attacks the inactive it's just 1 way in which this can be abused.

@Zerakai

Bonuses should be calculated considering the average ... not just that particular player because it can be abused and in the interest of fairness.

And USS should get you more then just 2 times the resources you get from SS ..... as uro said 2.5 times sounds just about right.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:53 pm

rflash wrote:Direct transfer shouldn't be possible .... sending direct then someone you can't trade with (same IP for example) attacks the inactive it's just 1 way in which this can be abused.
I'm not sure i will bother with adding ip blocks.
As anyone can confirm it's not hard to bypass, you just ask someone to be the middleman and you can send resources from one person to another even if they shared ip's. I've seen it often enough in terms of being the middleman and having used a middleman myself.

It's a rubbish method an just not worth the extra checks needed that will uselessly clog up the server resources.

I'll add in a reporting system so that everyone who's sharing an ip with anyone else has to sign up to otherwise they risk getting banned for multying. then just run a script every now and then to check for incoming and outgoing value of resources for these people.

And bonuses will be based on average as rflash correctly suggests. Individual would be too useless and benefit the stronger players too much.
Considering the game already gets the average income, up, etc. daily it won't require any extra calculations anymore.

And another thing: A page will get added where anyone can look up how long a certain ID will have the Transfer ability. So that when people will be selling their account it doesn't happen that someone says their account can trade for another year but in reality it will end in 1 month.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:36 am

Grand supporter package might maybe allow users to use colors for their usernames.

Admin

Although if i go through with this i still have a few issues to solve, i.e. efficient storage in database, etc.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baikal on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:26 pm

I voted for May

baikal
Mercenary
Mercenary

ID : 411
Alliance : POHIDA
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-25

View user profile http://pohida.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ™L®rd_©f_Terror on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:51 pm

may or later Smile
™L®rd_©f_Terror
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pegasus on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:48 pm

is there a release date yet Admin ?

Lord Pegasus
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 10
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:53 pm

tbh initially buying protection with money was meant to be released 2 weeks ago but as you can see that has not happened.

next plan was to have normal purchase of SS released this weekend or the following monday,
but wasn't sure if I'd allow ultimate purchase at the same time or a bit later (because of the bonuses you can get and how it can push you ahead)

either way there will be limits on how much of these you can buy (you for others or others for you) per week or so
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:07 am

Admin wrote:tbh initially buying protection with money was meant to be released 2 weeks ago but as you can see that has not happened.

next plan was to have normal purchase of SS released this weekend or the following monday,
but wasn't sure if I'd allow ultimate purchase at the same time or a bit later (because of the bonuses you can get and how it can push you ahead)

either way there will be limits on how much of these you can buy (you for others or others for you) per week or so

Just a simple request. I dont mind you limiting the 50$ purchases, if you deem thats what needs to happen. But if you can buy multiple smaller ones, or buy them every week then their is no difference. I buy 50$ packages only as each purchase costs me a small amount so the more purchases overall cost me more.

My request is, if you limit it, make it like 1 - 50$ package per month, or 5 - 10$ packages, or 2 - 25$ ones. I dont care if I get the benifits spread out, such as 1/4 of the SS upgrade per week or what ever.

I use only prepaid CC so no personal information hits the net and can be stolen. Each card cost me 2.50$ and each purchase costs me 3%, so fewer purchases necissary for me is much better and more likely I'll donate more. If you think its too much too soon I will respect that, and I'd gladly take it spread out over time if thats how youd rather do it, I'm not worried about the resources myself, just my $$ cost.
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:28 am

it will be limited in terms of total cost not which actual packages you purchase.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:54 am

Admin wrote:it will be limited in terms of total cost not which actual packages you purchase.

TY
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:55 am

When it will be decided what exactly the SS and USS will give you .... bonuses, resources, etc.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:03 pm

rflash wrote:When it will be decided what exactly the SS and USS will give you .... bonuses, resources, etc.
Expect friday last drafts with max discussion time around 1-2 days tops before final release
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:58 am

My problem with this is that it wouldn't be offered to the USA? Moneybookers is based in England I believe and could do the currency transfers and paypal also makes currency exchanges.

Kismet
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next