cancel training

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cancel training

Post by Miglow on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:25 pm

I was wondering if there is a possibility of being able to cancel the training of units currently in queue for training. It's currently possible to set up enough units that can take hours to days to train. However, once you push the "train" button, they are committed no matter what. However only X units are trained each turn while the others are all AFI. (Awaiting Further Instruction, AFI, is a military term for folks who are in between boot camp and tech school or between tech school and a primary duty for an extended period of time. Basically means you are sitting on your a** for way too long doing nothing)

However, sometimes mistakes happen. (today i trained some defence supers when the intention was attack supers, unfortunately, these cannot be untrained so it's a mistake to just live with) This little snafu got me thinking "what if?"

It's possible for plans to change. There are times when an event may happen like war, where one may want to cancel the training in progress. A good example would be someone who has a big queue of workers/miners, and war breaks out. Not only would those UU now be better spent going towards war units. They have now become a liability because you have eco units that you essentially cannot untrain. They get automatically trained into units that are sitting ducks. (so one goes on protection, waits out the training, then untrains them ... if they can)

Having this sort of feature wold allow mistakes like the one I made to be corrected. It would also allow for much greater flexibilty and strategy in the second situation.

As far as implementation. It could be a drop down similar to the training priority box, with a button saying "cancel training". Or something like that. Not sure if the option of choosing the amount is neccessary, as then you can turn around and add the proper amount to be trained. As for training costs, I'm thinking most if not all training costs could be recovered, considering they havent even been trained yet.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: cancel training

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm

best i could offer would be to have a clickable link (as the message) that will give you 30-60 seconds to reconsider your decision
In that case obviously it wouldn't be much of an issue to also reverse a weapon order

obviously anything compared to what you want would be prone to abuse

3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:37 pm

I like the 60 secs to change mind.

Maybe have a cost to change it from atk to def wepaons or even to change a unit to another based on the cost paid vs the cost of the unit you wanted.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:37 pm

I think that admin didn't implemented this suggestion and i remember that it was suggested to avoid abuses - and this way, requires more attention and planning.

But I do i agree with your suggestion (and your justification is logical) but only if a restriction is put in place... i don't know; you name it. For example it could be that you cannot cancel more than the capacity of your training camp per turn?!... (i'm wayting for other suggestions)

*Ooops... my post came too late...
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Hmm, the 30-60 thing could work to prevent "oops" moments. The biggest issue is canceling orders that were made near the 15 minute mark when training occurs.

What ways would the suggestion I made be prone to abuse? (I put the thought into the idea, haven't thought through breaking it just yet)

Also, would that still be abusable if a portion of the costs to train were lost?

thanks

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:47 pm

seaborgium wrote:Maybe have a cost to change it from atk to def wepaons or even to change a unit to another based on the cost paid vs the cost of the unit you wanted.
that one is harder for me than to do a simple reversal

3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:47 pm

to cancel it should cost you the same as untraining them.
If you want to change them to something else, maybe cost 50-75% of the item you want to change it too.
As for supers to switch them from atk <> def then maybe 50% of the cost of the training to switch them.

it could be abused bc you can place the training on hold.
so that means that there are units that can't be touched and have been paid for.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:51 pm

60 sec deadline to cancel training it is

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:52 pm

@nigastu: So this was suggested before? i check the last three pages for similar ideas. So it has to have been a while.

I think one concern for full refund cancellations would be people using this as a way to protect units like "idle" units and still get the 20 per turn income.

edit/ps: oops, i see that sea allready posted that problem.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:01 pm

to clarify my idea above, one wouldn't be directly training something from one unit to another. Basically it would be selecting the type being trained, hit "cancel", then get the kuwal and UU invested into that training. That, or a button that said "cancel training" and all units in "training status" would go back to being UU.

I'm still curious if it is something people would want/use and if it could be balanced.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:03 pm

it's released

after NORMAL training (not the fast one) you will be shown a link which you can click. It will reverse all orders done in the last 60 seconds, unless some units have already gotten trained

same story with armory, you can only request your money back from ordered weapons, NOT bought from smugglers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:20 am

I noticed this in-game before seeing the discussion and I think it is a good idea.
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:16 am

wow, that was a quick addition. I hope it comes in handy for a few folks.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:30 pm

nice one and very useful
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:43 pm

TY Admin.
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top