Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads up to all players

3 posters

Go down

Heads up to all players Empty Heads up to all players

Post by seaborgium Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Apparently using
Code:
<span style="visibility:hidden;"></span>
isn't allowed. I received a nice message from admin about it.
Message text:

next time anyone in tie uses another bug, there's going to be a 2 week suspension no questions asked (in case it's going to be anyone on the banned users list, then it will be accompanied by a 50% reduction in account size, techs army weapons etc.)

subject: bypassing a name check or doing something to the same effect + not reporting a possible exploit

btw it's your job to pass that message around, if someone else does something and then claims they didnt know, they will still get suspended for 2 weeks and you will be the only one to blame

have a nice day

I don't want anyone in the game having any issues with it so everyone be careful with what ever styling you use that can/does work. As it may not be allowed. The only thing I can think is someone reported it, not sure about the exploit unless the person wasn't sure how it was done.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Heads up to all players Empty Re: Heads up to all players

Post by ian Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Admin - care to explain as to what your referring to?... as i haven't got a clue.
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:27 pm

there's 2 attributes to make text hidden, both are now disabled, this is more of a heads up in case someone felt they needed to experiment too much with funky names

Also ian dont play stupid on me, especially not on forum
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Admin wrote:there's 2 attributes to make text hidden, both are now disabled, this is more of a heads up in case someone felt they needed to experiment too much with funky names

Right... so how exactly does that apply to The Imperium? Clearly we haven't made our names visible, merely changed our names to imitate World Republic - much like FIRE has done to The Imperium. So... just what exactly is TIE suppossed to be doing wrong now?
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Ian i made the . invisible when I was playing with the name. Thats how I thought you all did it last night.

on a side note, I didn't know there was 2. Just the 1.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:29 pm

seaborgium wrote:Ian i made the . invisible when I was playing with the name. Thats how I thought you all did it last night.

on a side note, I didn't know there was 2. Just the 1.

Right ok then, that explains it. Considering that not once has The Imperium attempted to go invisible (other than when we used the incoded game mechanics to go hidden) personally i think admin's over-reacting to a simple testing out of the code.... Oh well, at least we know (not that we d have ever bothered going invisible unless we went hidden).
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 pm

overreacting would clearly be something else
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:37 pm

I don't think admin over reacted. I may disagree that making the something invisible using code that he allowed is breaking the rules, but he is the one who sets the rules. Over reacting to me would be if he had banned/taken resources with out saying something first. He said something, he then removed the ability.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm

seaborgium wrote:I don't think admin over reacted. I may disagree that making the something invisible using code that he allowed is breaking the rules, but he is the one who sets the rules. Over reacting to me would be if he had banned/taken resources with out saying something first.
well, considering I disallowed the use of that particular attribute now, it cannot be argued in any way that I allowed it. I merely haven't restricted it's use because I didnt know it existed.

however if incidents like this keep on occuring, I will simply remove the whole span attribute and limit the changing names to just a few limited colors, bold and italics and nothing else. No different fonts, sizes or anything else.
If that is something the players really want then, by all means, keep experimenting around.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Admin wrote:overreacting would clearly be something else

I mean over-reacting in the sense that you automatically jumped to the conclusion that The Imperium was deliberately "cheating" or attempting to abuse a bug (which we clearly weren't), or that you assumed that The Imperium itself was responsible (i.e. your statement of "don't play stupid with me ian" - I didn't have a clue what you were on about, not to mention i haven't actually got a clue when it comes to coding i.e. thats why i ve never changed, modified or coloured my ingame name in anyway, or why my message of the day etc... is plain normal writing etc...).
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:18 pm

I will not go into this again, I pm'ed seaborgium, hence it's most likely something he did. Hence you should have asked him

You claiming tie is a tight knit community with organized information channels plays against you.
When you vesper and sea looked into making an identical name like WR, it was obvious to everyone who asked me that the moment you bypass the point of the namecheck, that's the moment an exploit is born.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:20 pm

for the record that was changed when I was in bed, I noticed it this morning and I went to see how it was done, but I couldn't I changed it by mistake and tried to put it back, apparently I didn't do it the same way they did.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down