Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:39 pm

As nomad and others have put it, it's impossible for the larger players to actually ever get these awards.

I was thinking of adding an actual army size parameter into the equation, basically a second rank, the total then being used as the overall rank.
So having the top army size would make you rank 1 in that stat. If you were then rank 5 in the %-trained ranks, giving you an overall rank of 6, you would get the gold medal in case the next best person was overall rank 7 (i.e. rank 4 in the %-trained, but only 3rd largest armysize.)

Or we do something else altogether like it will be awarded to whoever killed most units of that particular stat in the last month
The problem with that is that there would be no medal for the farmers, considering how those cannot get killed.

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by kingkongfan1 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Admin wrote:As nomad and others have put it, it's impossible for the larger players to actually ever get these awards.

I was thinking of adding an actual army size parameter into the equation, basically a second rank, the total then being used as the overall rank.
So having the top army size would make you rank 1 in that stat. If you were then rank 5 in the %-trained ranks, giving you an overall rank of 6, you would get the gold medal in case the next best person was overall rank 7 (i.e. rank 4 in the %-trained, but only 3rd largest armysize.)

Or we do something else altogether like it will be awarded to whoever killed most units of that particular stat in the last month
The problem with that is that there would be no medal for the farmers, considering how those cannot get killed.

I like the idea, & you can always change the bit about the farmers when they become killable... king
avatar
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Age : 50
Number of posts : 1387
Location : Skull Island
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Kenzu on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Admin wrote:As nomad and others have put it, it's impossible for the larger players to actually ever get these awards.

I was thinking of adding an actual army size parameter into the equation, basically a second rank, the total then being used as the overall rank.
So having the top army size would make you rank 1 in that stat. If you were then rank 5 in the %-trained ranks, giving you an overall rank of 6, you would get the gold medal in case the next best person was overall rank 7 (i.e. rank 4 in the %-trained, but only 3rd largest armysize.)

Or we do something else altogether like it will be awarded to whoever killed most units of that particular stat in the last month
The problem with that is that there would be no medal for the farmers, considering how those cannot get killed.

I like the medals the way they are.
If you dont have enough percentage in a certain stat, you don't deserve the medal.

Afterall it is a medal, not an award.
Medals are very valuable and hard to get!
avatar
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 30
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Miglow on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:18 pm

How does the current system work? The way it is worded I cant tell if it's just the largest unit % in my army (population) or if it's a competition with all the other players.

It's also a little unclear if it's just at the end of the month, or the entire month is taken into account.

My only suggesstion is to make set numbers to reach and once people get a certain # of X units then they will get an award. Much like some of the simpler awards/medals. This is probably the easiest way to go.

(even though it's my suggestion, im not a fan as it seems to get rid of the difficulty and competition that are in the spirit of the award)

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Age : 36
Number of posts : 150
Location : Tx
Registration date : 2010-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Admin wrote:As nomad and others have put it, it's impossible for the larger players to actually ever get these awards.

I was thinking of adding an actual army size parameter into the equation, basically a second rank, the total then being used as the overall rank.
So having the top army size would make you rank 1 in that stat. If you were then rank 5 in the %-trained ranks, giving you an overall rank of 6, you would get the gold medal in case the next best person was overall rank 7 (i.e. rank 4 in the %-trained, but only 3rd largest armysize.)

Or we do something else altogether like it will be awarded to whoever killed most units of that particular stat in the last month
The problem with that is that there would be no medal for the farmers, considering how those cannot get killed.

I like the medals the way they are.
If you dont have enough percentage in a certain stat, you don't deserve the medal.

Afterall it is a medal, not an award.
Medals are very valuable and hard to get!

I agree. Besides, if someone wants a medal so badly, all that he has to do is waste tons of resources to get it. Simple as that. Smile

And while this discussion was opened, I also don't like the medals that give you boosts (Supreme Award and Supreme Medal).... you know what i'm talking about... those that a certain few have it.
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:06 pm

right now only the supreme award gives you the boost, the one that everyone can achieve on a personal basis anytime.

And the benefits are with decreasing effect the further you get.
Iron level gives you 4 stat points, Bronze 3, Silver 2, Gold 1.

Iron is easy to get, Bronze you need a bit of effort. Silver and gold require significant effort and only some people are able to get them right now and in the weeks to come

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Nomad on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:00 am

how is training 3 men valuable or hard to get?

Think about it.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:46 am

Nomad wrote:how is training 3 men valuable or hard to get?

Think about it.
technically, you need a certain armysize to actually be eligible for the global awards.

but it still amounts to needing to train 100-150k spies and be sure to get them

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:10 am

Admin wrote:
And the benefits are with decreasing effect the further you get.
Iron level gives you 4 stat points, Bronze 3, Silver 2, Gold 1.


Benefits are cumulative?
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:42 am

explain your question

Going from nothing to gold supreme award, will get you 10 stat points in total
4 of those you will receive by getting iron level

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 am

Admin wrote:explain your question

Going from nothing to gold supreme award, will get you 10 stat points in total
4 of those you will receive by getting iron level

That's exactly what i meant.
So, 10 points from one medal right?... it means 20 points from the 2 medals. Don't you think that is too much?... i mean in the begining everyone has 30 points (?)... to that, adding 66.6% bonus points from 2 medals?! Then for each point there is:

Attack Bonus (1 Point equals to 1% increase in attack)
Defense Bonus (1 Point equals to 1.35% increase in defense)
Covert Bonus (1 Point equals to 2% increase in covert)
Income Bonus (1 Point equals to 0.125% increase in income)).


This can be achieved by very few, who know the insights of the game from the begining. But since there is no walkthrough, that just isn't fair for the rest. IMO there is too much bonus from medals and awards.
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:25 pm

there's another 10 points for getting the con yards.

and the one for the global ones isn't working yet. considering all the medals aren't tweaked yet, and I gotta first make 2 of them work.

And I dont think it's a bad setup.
However I do fully agree that there might need to be a walkthrough.

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Nomad on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:05 am

Admin wrote:
However I do fully agree that there might need to be a walkthrough.

Well those of us here before the medals even went active are kinna screwed. I mean when it would cost me 1.5 to 2 trill kewal just to train (not untrain, just train) enough units to get a medal in 1 of the 4 areas, I think thats a bit excessive when a new player who now KNOWS can do it for the cost of training 150K men.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:07 am

hence the intended change to how the % one works

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Nomad on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:09 am

Sorry Admin, I meant most of that as a response to Kenzu and Nigatsu but didnt make that very clear Embarassed
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by skyfighter on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:20 am

Nomad wrote:
Admin wrote:
However I do fully agree that there might need to be a walkthrough.

Well those of us here before the medals even went active are kinna screwed. I mean when it would cost me 1.5 to 2 trill kewal just to train (not untrain, just train) enough units to get a medal in 1 of the 4 areas, I think thats a bit excessive when a new player who now KNOWS can do it for the cost of training 150K men.

hey you're screwed because you got an head start? If I follow your logic then new players are screwed from start because others have played before them so they don't have income from start. By the way 2 tril. kuwal is nothing for an old player, while 500bil. is much for a new one. try to put that in perspective.

skyfighter
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 177
Alliance : Not needed
Number of posts : 55
Location : canada
Registration date : 2009-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Kingofshinobis1 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:15 am

skyfighter wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Admin wrote:
However I do fully agree that there might need to be a walkthrough.

Well those of us here before the medals even went active are kinna screwed. I mean when it would cost me 1.5 to 2 trill kewal just to train (not untrain, just train) enough units to get a medal in 1 of the 4 areas, I think thats a bit excessive when a new player who now KNOWS can do it for the cost of training 150K men.

hey you're screwed because you got an head start? If I follow your logic then new players are screwed from start because others have played before them so they don't have income from start. By the way 2 tril. kuwal is nothing for an old player, while 500bil. is much for a new one. try to put that in perspective.

Are you being serious? if I had 2tril i would shit myself lol. Even if I had 500bil xD. I think all the other "old players" can agree with what I'm saying. The medals do need to be reworked, Admin is on the right track imo.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Age : 27
Number of posts : 823
Location : United States
Registration date : 2010-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by skyfighter on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:42 am

i'm not saying it doesnt need to be reworked, but nomad post was "older players need to spend more than new player to get award and it's not fair", and I was saying that's only normal.

skyfighter
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 177
Alliance : Not needed
Number of posts : 55
Location : canada
Registration date : 2009-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Kingofshinobis1 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:00 am

skyfighter wrote:i'm not saying it doesnt need to be reworked, but nomad post was "older players need to spend more than new player to get award and it's not fair", and I was saying that's only normal.

Well of course. That much I understand. All I;m saying is spending 100s of billions to get 1 medal is a very realistic number. Especially for the very big players. Impossible even.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Age : 27
Number of posts : 823
Location : United States
Registration date : 2010-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:11 am

Nomad wrote:
Admin wrote:
However I do fully agree that there might need to be a walkthrough.

Well those of us here before the medals even went active are kinna screwed. I mean when it would cost me 1.5 to 2 trill kewal just to train (not untrain, just train) enough units to get a medal in 1 of the 4 areas, I think thats a bit excessive when a new player who now KNOWS can do it for the cost of training 150K men.

2 words for your quote: egotism and envy. Keep it like that but then don't be surprised why new players come but don't stay longer than a few days, when they read what kind of players rule in this game.
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Nomad on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:21 pm

So you are completely fine with a new feature being introduced that you can never use or benefit from without gutting your account for weeks, months, maybe even a year if ever at all?

*Edit* ran the numbers on a time table to achieve this goal. Some starting right now are looking at 233.3333 days IF they have 10K training facilities, and no one notices their lop sides training methods and decides to "kill" anything. Would make them a prime ME target to say the least. So your looking at a 8 month + investment in time.

And while I disagree with your assessment of my post, its your opinion and your entitled to it.


Last edited by Nomad on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by skyfighter on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:28 pm

well if it's so hard to get it, you probably don't need it. I mean what benefit will you gain by getting a few points bonus by achieving medals, if you can simply spend a few bil. raising your techs for the same result?

I would think medals and award are there for bragging purpose originally, and giving something else to do in the game, and it's mandatory, not like if you needed them in the first place to be competitive.

skyfighter
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 177
Alliance : Not needed
Number of posts : 55
Location : canada
Registration date : 2009-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Nomad on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Wait till you get bigger mate, when buying 1 tech level cost you 5 or 10 bill and personal bonus points are what makes you better or worse then your opponent. Would you be satisfied now with fighting someone who has the exact same manning, techs, and weapondry, but is more powerful then you because of a medal?


Everyone still seems to miss my entire point. Its the fact medals were released AFTER the fact. And PBP were put in place from medals even after that and those who figured out what does what and what you get from them may never get the benifit, but those who didnt do squat will because the old timers passed along the info. I think admin is on the right track and I back him.

But what ever, your either for it or against it. I said my piece and I'm done with it.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Kingofshinobis1 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Nomad wrote:Wait till you get bigger mate, when buying 1 tech level cost you 5 or 10 bill and personal bonus points are what makes you better or worse then your opponent. Would you be satisfied now with fighting someone who has the exact same manning, techs, and weapondry, but is more powerful then you because of a medal?


Everyone still seems to miss my entire point. Its the fact medals were released AFTER the fact. And PBP were put in place from medals even after that and those who figured out what does what and what you get from them may never get the benifit, but those who didnt do squat will because the old timers passed along the info. I think admin is on the right track and I back him.

But what ever, your either for it or against it. I said my piece and I'm done with it.

Agreed

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Age : 27
Number of posts : 823
Location : United States
Registration date : 2010-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Smog on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Does this mean that if I want to get this kind of medal, I have to train all my uu for a month in that compartment? Or is it enough just not to train for other compartments? Technically, if I make 1 mil uu in a month, train 100k spies and leave the rest untrained, 100% of my trained units went in covert, right?
avatar
Smog
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : Mujengan

Age : 29
Number of posts : 223
Location : Romania
Registration date : 2009-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medals involving % of one's army trained in a stat

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum