Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show number of turns used in attack logs

5 posters

Go down

Show number of turns used in attack logs Empty Show number of turns used in attack logs

Post by Alex Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:42 am

Now that there is the option to use a variable number of turns per attack (1-10) the number of turns should be shown in attack logs. Mainly for the ones that have been done against you (Thats why I am writing this) but also for the ones that you have done.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Show number of turns used in attack logs Empty Re: Show number of turns used in attack logs

Post by Admin Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:59 pm

any particular reason why it would be important?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Show number of turns used in attack logs Empty Re: Show number of turns used in attack logs

Post by Nomad Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:27 pm

just from my veiw, it would be important from the defenders point of veiw as it can easily identify a probe attack, or explain why such a low amount was taken if successful.

just my thoughts.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:33 am

I would agree with nomad, it would show if it was a probe attack or a full hit. Which would allow parties to see if they need to address the issue.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:11 pm

It's possible to calculate one's own AT used for attack strikes.

Find total AT used in the war XP page, and subtract 10 AT for every assault, invasion, etc found in the Strike logs that are not kuwal attacks.

I just happened to do this earlier today to find my average Kuwal yeild per AT used since not all my attacks are 10 AT strikes.

For incoming strikes it's not so easy to calculate. It would be handy to see in the logs which could be valuable info on judging what to do to prepare for future attacks from the same person.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Yeah I am/was in the following situation:

I was attacked twice in a short interval of time. Judging from amounts taken etc. I assume one of the hits was a 1-turn 'probe' strike to guage my defence. Knowing for sure how many ATs were used means I dont have to speculate.

Also I can't think of any reason not to have this shown...Are there any reasons?

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:25 pm

For older accounts, wasn't the assults and stuff a higher AT value?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:31 pm

assaults went down in cost considering how you need to assault a lot more often than you needed before
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:43 pm

released
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:46 pm

that rocks, thanks Admin.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 am

thanks admin.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down