BM Weapon Dealers Question.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BM Weapon Dealers Question.

Post by Kenzu on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:37 am

ian wrote:For those wondering what the point is in researching weapon levels:

Imagine there is a major server war (which sooner or later there will be), all sides involved are running low on kuwal etc... - so start buying all the lovely cheap weapons on the blackmarket to replace losses.... how long do you think it will be before those weapons run out?

More importantly... if some players involved in that war have previously relied upon the blackmarket to provide them with higher level weapons than their current domestic research levels can provide, and the supply of black-market weapons runs out.... then those players are gonna be in serious trouble Very Happy (unless of course they happen to have "spare" kuwal lieing around to get the relevant weapon levels - which in turn will impact the resources they have available for actual fighting).

The same logic can be applied to if farming increases and farmers suck the Black Market dry Very Happy. Weapon levels are the third most important military asset on this game (after covert levels and techs). I really wouldn't recommend anyone reading this rely upon just the Black Market for your weapons.

As we can see the weapons didnt run out

IFV costed 60-75% usually
Tank costed 115-130%

However you are right if you imply that there will be much less during war.
We can see weapons prices for tanks and IFV increase alot

IFV costs 101%
Tank costs 145%
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:51 am

Why would you pay more then 100% for them? wouldn't it just be cheaper to get the research level if your going to keep buying them?
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 am

cos the production is instant?

3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:55 am

interesting point
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:39 am

Only helps if you get sabbed ... and that can be made very unproffitable easily Wink

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Admin wrote:cos the production is instant?

this is interesting, Question if there are 4 MBT's on the BM, & i need 100. then the instant production is only on the 4 correct? the other 96 are just not there & I have to do something else?... thanks... king
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:51 pm

ok, i'll correct my statement.

The production isn't instant
The purchase is instant.

The BM weapons are the weapons other players have sold in the past. That which has not got sold by the players cannot be purchased again later.
i.e. if there's 4 for sale, then you can obviously not buy 100 as that doesn't make any sense whatsoever

3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:20 pm

Admin wrote:ok, i'll correct my statement.

The production isn't instant
The purchase is instant.

The BM weapons are the weapons other players have sold in the past. That which has not got sold by the players cannot be purchased again later.
i.e. if there's 4 for sale, then you can obviously not buy 100 as that doesn't make any sense whatsoever

That is the way I thought it was, just making sure. thanks... king
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 pm

BALANCING:
# Minimum price of purchase of weapons from the weapons dealers has been increased from 60% to 120% of original weapon value.

just noticed this update, and was wondering why? what changed your mind after all this time?
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nobel on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:40 pm

I guess they were becoming too cheap.

nobel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 3974
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:54 pm

nobel wrote:I guess they were becoming too cheap.

To cheap not really he just wanna destroy his game as always.

Damn lame admin.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Nimras wrote: he just wanna destroy his game as always.

Damn lame admin.

STHU mate.

Piss and moan in your own threads, but in every thread is a bit to much. If you dont like the game and admin then leave. Many of us happen to support This admin more then any other.
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Nomad wrote:
Nimras wrote: he just wanna destroy his game as always.

Damn lame admin.

STHU mate.

Piss and moan in your own threads, but in every thread is a bit to much. If you dont like the game and admin then leave. Many of us happen to support This admin more then any other.

Nah where is the fun in that beside i have a alliance to play for and a officer or 2 that counts on me.

But i am in my right to complaine when admin all the times makes wrong moves.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Nomad wrote:

BALANCING:
# Minimum price of purchase of weapons from the weapons dealers has been increased from 60% to 120% of original weapon value.

just noticed this update, and was wondering why? what changed your mind after all this time?
something I admit I didn't fully realize right from the start was that people bought weapons for 60%, then sold them and used it as infinite bank, even going as far to avoid the bank fees.

after the prices settle in, my train of thought was that people will be buying the weapons at approximately same price as they did before, so tanks ~110-130% (just that instead of buying 60% higher than lowest possible price, they'll buy it around lowest possible price). Just the bank thingy issue should get avoided.
I might be wrong, if that ends up being the case then i'll look at the % again.

Nimras wrote:But i am in my right to complaine when admin all the times makes wrong moves.
what right?
It's not a right, it's a privilege. One I can take away anytime.
This isn't a public space protected by some country's constitution. This is private property, my rules.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Admin wrote:
something I admit I didn't fully realize right from the start was that people bought weapons for 60%, then sold them and used it as infinite bank, even going as far to avoid the bank fees.

after the prices settle in, my train of thought was that people will be buying the weapons at approximately same price as they did before, so tanks ~110-130% (just that instead of buying 60% higher than lowest possible price, they'll buy it around lowest possible price). Just the bank thingy issue should get avoided.
I might be wrong, if that ends up being the case then i'll look at the % again.

Nimras wrote:But i am in my right to complaine when admin all the times makes wrong moves.
what right?
It's not a right, it's a privilege. One I can take away anytime.
This isn't a public space protected by some country's constitution. This is private property, my rules.

I never realized it was being abused in such manner, good you looked into it.

And for the last part, I guess its a good thing you are a GOOD admin, and still come here and interact with the players even when 1 bad apple can't seem to speak his mind and move on so he feels the need to spew crap all over the forums. I'm all for every man having a voice and speaking his piece, but you have more patience then I do about nay sayers.

Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 pm

I have my own ways in dealing with "different" people

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Hmm. I thought you could only sell your weapons for 60% max. I guess I was wrong lol. I thought you made it at that limit in order to stop that from happening?

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 pm

you buy a TON of weapons at 60% cost, then you need kuwal you then sell the weapons at the SAME 60% that you bought them for, 0 fee bank.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietMan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 am

and also it makes it WORTH it to buy the damn upgrades when you are starting. it was so annoying to spend the kuwal on the upgrades and not being able to use it. it made no sense. well you know what i mean... it took me forever to get to lvl 11

SovietMan
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : Mujengan_(TOC)
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-05-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 pm

SovietMan wrote:and also it makes it WORTH it to buy the damn upgrades when you are starting. it was so annoying to spend the kuwal on the upgrades and not being able to use it. it made no sense. well you know what i mean... it took me forever to get to lvl 11

and seeing people with weapons level 2 using MBT sucked as well LOL
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Admin wrote:I have my own ways in dealing with "different" people

Lol yes you do Wink the people you don't like you ban without reason :p.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Nimras wrote:
Admin wrote:I have my own ways in dealing with "different" people
Lol yes you do Wink the people you don't like you ban without reason :p.
You have 12 hours to prove who I banned without reason otherwise you will get banned for serious slander for a week on forum

hallucinating about the game, I have no problem, that's your personal issue.
badmouthing me personally, that crosses the line.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Ok thanks for the info sea. I didn't quite understand. Anyways, I'm with admin on this one nimras. I mean seriously, when are you going to give it a rest? Every post I see with your name just talks bad about aderan and the admin. If you don't like the game, then why are you still playing? Weren't you quitting not too long ago? What changed that you liked lol

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:42 am

nimras banned for 7 days

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top